What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Design & Packaging

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
wow man, just wow
i cant wait to hear what terpene tom has to say, those are some strong words but you back it up
that pm exchange makes him sounds like a total shit head not just as an artist but as a person
there are two sides to every story; someone promoting your art and getting your name out there is a great thing, but someone stealing your work is bunk sh!t
/btw love the mandala stuff, me and the x used to paint rocks like that

toroandhare

pop_rocks No idea, but he needs to bugger off.

The mandala designs are how I got started! Getting stoned and working on those for hours is definitely a pasttime of mine! Take a look

VSpszJd.jpg

Last edited:

Cuddles

Thanks brother, the font is heavily altered but the original is called Delirian.
https://creativemarket.com/andreysha...ript-Ornaments

I'm learning on how to do my own typography but it takes a long time to get the letters properly drawn for commercial use.

I work with typography and as a creative person I´ve been sort of (although not seriously) thinking about designing a font myself. And it´s not easy is it? what software have you chosen to work with and are you happy with it?

And yeah, alittle credit goes a long way with me too ;) so I know how you feel

toroandhare

pop_rocks You need to type the @ symbol and start typing the name of the person, give it second and a list will drop down. Then select the name and you're good to go.

Cuddles I use adobe illustrator for all of my work but that's just for lettering. If you actually want to make a font, you need to download a ligature and glyph type of program, which I'm not sure how that works. There's a font system called monotype that I'm currently using but that's for arranging and adjusting current fonts. I can ask some other designers about it.

Cuddles

Cuddles I use adobe illustrator for all of my work but that's just for lettering. If you actually want to make a font, you need to download a ligature and glyph type of program, which I'm not sure how that works. There's a font system called monotype that I'm currently using but that's for arranging and adjusting current fonts. I can ask some other designers about it.

I had a trial version of a font making software once - many years ago. Trouble was it was very limited, for example I couldn´t import my own images etc and I got frustrated and eventually lost interest. I couldn´t and didn´t want to fork out for it.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
I work with typography and as a creative person I´ve been sort of (although not seriously) thinking about designing a font myself. And it´s not easy is it? what software have you chosen to work with and are you happy with it?

And yeah, alittle credit goes a long way with me too ;) so I know how you feel

when i made fonts i would first making the art work (the actual letter "A"~Z) and then importing it into another program to make the font file (where " A " becomes A on your key board)
illustrator is the industry standard vector artwork program and i used to use a program called fontographer to assign the keysets
things often start by drawing out the fonts on paper and then doing the vector art work later
typography is fun stuff

thanks toroandhare
​​​​we will see if TerpeneTom returns to give his account

Cuddles

when i made fonts i would first making the art work (the actual letter "A"~Z) and then importing it into another program to make the font file (where " A " becomes A on your key board)
illustrator is the industry standard vector artwork program and i used to use a program called fontographer to assign the keysets
things often start by drawing out the fonts on paper and then doing the vector art work later
typography is fun stuff

thanks toroandhare
​​​​we will see if TerpeneTom returns to give his account

that´s exactly what I wanted but it wasn´t possible with that trial version I had at the time. Those font making programs can be kinda pricy,lol

toroandhare

Here's a logo package we put together for NovaSun Farms in Oklahoma. They distribute clones and a wide range of cannabis flower to dispensaries all over Oklahoma

(I hate that I have to put the watermark but I guess it's the way it has to be)
NovaSun-Farms.jpg

Attachments

• photo2044668.jpg
    photo2044668.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 53

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Really dug the designer on the last page @mongravery on insta. Very cool stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

toroandhare

AdobeStock_282589588.jpg

A cannabis consultant in the licensing and registering of business startups contacted to put together a sophisticated logo package that works across multiple platforms. The name Cannasigliere is based on the Italian phrase "consigliere" which refers to a man who makes deals for the mafia. We didn't want to go with something gangster and also didn't want to put together something that included fan leaves. The leaves included in the monogram are a nod to growing but not exclusive to cannabis. What do y'all think?

Attachments

• photo2051842.jpg
    photo2051842.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 48

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
both of these look really high end
/pun intended!
the Cannasigliere logo looks awesome and has a great effect on the hand made paper; maybe they could use a darker card stock (a muted yellowy brown or something like that) to maintain the look
love the box and would definitely pick it up to see whats inside!
you are kicking ass man and putting out some great work
so do they ever send you samples of the products? :)

toroandhare

pop_rocks Thanks brother :biglaugh:

I've had quite a few growers send me seeds. I have yet to try the CBD gummies which I'm actually really interested in. I'm sure I could do a hell of a lot more collecting lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts