What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Becoming an ICMAGAZINE (online) Subscriber....Your Chance To Help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Becoming an ICMAGAZINE (online) Subscriber.....Please Help....

I.C.Magazine online has come along way in the 4 years since it was launched here on the internet. We have seen it grow expotentially with many interested and interesting members joining us to share their joys in growing and using the plant that brings us together creating a community with a common interest.

As the site has grown so to has the costs of keeping it here for all to use for free. The server and bandwidth costs have now got to a level that I now find difficult to cover from my own pocket.

To be able to upgrade the site and keep it current and exciting with new features also requires funding to employ a technical professional to accomplish this...

So to off-set these costs I have decided to ask for ICMAG Supporters to subscribe to this site.

The ICMAG Supporters once subscribed will have the title 'I.C MAG SUPPORTER' next to their user handle (just like I do have now)... and access to a subscribers forum where upon the request of the subscribers I can make sub-forums for those that might want them for any particular related topic.....

ICMAG Supporters will also have the opportunity to aquire rare and unusual genetics in seed form thru special privaledges to purchase pre-releases and rare varieties from various breeders and these 'specials' and how to get them will be advertised only in the subscribers area......along with other offers not open to the regular membership.....Also each Supporter will have up to 1 whole gigabyte of gallery space....far more than the current 150 megabyte limit as a regular member.....

For many members the beauty of the subscribers forums will be that they will be troll free and a place on the site that you can get together with other supporters without the rude interruptions and interferances that we see on the regular forums from members that are just here to cause trouble and disscontent.......

So if you wish to help ICMAGAZINE.COM.....the best way to do it right now is to subscribe.......Subscription is completely voluntary and hopefully I can find enough of you willing to help out to make a sizable dent in the costs of keeping the site up and running and here for all to use.

Subscription costs will be $250 for lifetime subscribers membership... $100 usd for 1 year.....$75 usd for 6 months......or $50 usd for 3 months.........for conversions into other currencies go to www.xe.com ICMAGAZINE will accept any major currency.......

Please send your subscription along with your ICMAG.COM user handle (so that we can activate your subscribers account) to :I.C.Magazine, Unit#2. 22 Eden Street, Kingston-Upon-Thames, Surrey, KT1 1DN, U.K. (United Kingdom)......

*when sending cash or Money Order (only) for your subscription to ensure delivery please use an 'overnite' service.......if you use the regular post there is a very slim chance a letter may get lost......make your M.O. payable to 'ICM'....

....as soon as we receive your subscription we will activate your ICMAG supporters account.

Thank-you for your kind indulgence....

Gypsy Nirvana

Kenny Lingus

Hi Gypsy! I'm really in. Just wanna know how a lifetime subscription works...

Will it be personal or connected to the username/nick. (I really just wonder if it will be possible to change handles after subscription to ICMAG?

PS! You have any overnight carriers to recommend? (I don't know any but DHL around here, but not sure how it works out though.
(Is Western Union or Forex ok or is that something else maybe?)

J

JamesChong

I like it and will be sending in my money. I think you came up with a great package and I'm not just saying it. I hope others agree and you can get the funds you need for the site. I like the fact on the prerelease on seeds and specials. I think that's what got me and also having more space for your gallery. Just my 2 cents and I think it's a great idea.
Take care,
BG

RED145

"Subscription costs will be $250 for lifetime subscribers membership... $100 usd for 1 year.....$75 usd for 6 months......or $50 usd for 3 months........."

Thats crazy!! 50 bucks for 3 months!!100 bucks a year!!

Good Luck with that Gypsy,I hope it works out for ya. :rasta:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
RED145 said:
Thats crazy!! 50 bucks for 3 months!!100 bucks a year!!

Good Luck with that Gypsy,I hope it works out for ya. :rasta:

Well the upside is it is not mandatory, So it isnt as if gypsy is forcing anyone to pay here, Just merely givin us all the option to help support the site.

blazeoneup said:
Well the upside is it is not mandatory, So it isnt as if gypsy is forcing anyone to pay here, Just merely givin us all the option to help support the site.
:joint: Thats what im thinkin.Some might not want to,but some will.Will we be able to make payments to $250.Like can i send 50 now and before that ends send another amount until the 250 is paid in full , before a year ends?Peace and stay safe,PVP :wave:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes and are their family rates for the people like the mrs and I that have more then one family member from the same household ? heheh

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Well, if there was any site I'd pay into it'd be this one, since og has gone the way of the T-rex. But its a little too rich for my blood, I'm with red. If it was a bit less, more ppl might "bite"... (like me)

Peace

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
$100 divided by 365 days of the year works out at 27.3 cents per day.......or 1.13 cents per hour of use.....so says this calculator here......how much did that cup of coffee....can of soda.......or pint of beer next to you cost?

I'm not going to entertain a payment plan.....(the administration nightmare scenario glares at me)...... Babba's (Mr and Mrs).... since you both have helped out as Moderators in the past you get a free subscription anyway.......can't really charge the Mod's now can I?

....Subscriptions are not transferable to any new nick you might want to create...(more admin nightmares) and cannot be inherited nor used as part exchance for a new car or vacuum cleaner......

.....Subscribing to ICMAG.COM is certainly not mandatory........if you can afford it and want to help out then by all means become a subscriber......we could use the help to at least pay for a part of the overheads of keeping the site here......

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
i love this site to death. but those prices are a tad steep for me, im more than willing to help but 250 pays some of my rent. still accepting seed donations?

Gypsy, I think you've done a great job at listening to your ICmag peeps and I appreciate the fact that we are more than numbers in your eyes.
I'll gladly support this idea, as well as making available some KILLER genetics!

WELL DONE!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Endo said:
i love this site to death. but those prices are a tad steep for me, im more than willing to help but 250 pays some of my rent. still accepting seed donations?

Yes we can accept seed donations for a future fundraising effort but at this time it will not get you into the subscribers lounge.....we can make you an 'I.C.MAG DONOR'.....and that could be seen next to your user nick............It will take some time to organize........I just wish I could pay the server fees with seeds NOW....lol!

Hmmmm.....thinking about it maybe we can create a 'Doner's Lounge'......let me think on that one for a bit....

Ya know, maybe you could have a 'request system' where everytime a particular breeder/donors freebie is requested w a PURCHASE, that breeder/donor gets $5 towords the subscription? Would that be feasible?

RED145

I thought the whole idea here was to help with the server cost??
For instance the little personal site I run cost me 95 dollars a year,thats for the whole year.I realize this place probably has alot more bandwidth and storage but there is no way in the world it costs more than say a thousand a year to host,no way.....in which case donations would offset the cost.its all guessing since you wont post how much a month it does cost.

IMO,,,this is seperating the forumn,causing a GREAT deal of more work(seperate forums,added signature,and alot more work for someone) and to be frank......sounds like a nice way to generate another income.

What happens to all the hundreds and hundreds of dollars ABOVE the server costs?

It's your place,run it like ya want,I just dont agree with it.It turned from trying to help someone out,into a nice cash cow,and I got NO PROBLEMS sending money or seeds or donations,like I said this is my home too,BUT....I wanna know what it costs to run this place before I send anything willy nilly.

:wave:

And the whole seperate forum to discuss things in private,isnt that called a pm system?

Last edited:
G

Well the 250 sounds like the best deal and I would consider the cost retroactive ... because I've been looking for trouble (enjoying the site) here for 4 years ... at the cost of ... Nothing ... Consider me IN when I get done with this move and some funds get replenished ... Will I at least get one of those Greenhouse T-Shirts that have my name printed on them ?

RED145

Thats not entirely true,...........I have to pay my ISP monthly and my electric bill,it is not entirely free to come here.But I do,so count me in!!

And I was aked to come here,back in 04 there were lottsa pot sites,this one was created and wanted membership......no mention of having to pay later.Because getting members here would be an avenue to sell seeds at the bay and the boutique.......

Last edited:
G

I'm not questioning anyone elses reasoning ... I'd be paying for electric and Internet access even if IC never existed ... This is all a BONUS in my eyes ... a bonus I don't mind chipping in for when I can ... and I really want one of those shirts ...

AmishFarmer

I would like to contribute as well,but those rates seem high.If 1% of the 35 thousand members join,that is 350 people.If they all join for a year,$100 level,that is 35 thousand dollars.That seems like a lot of money.I don't know what is costs to run a site this size though.Gypsy,you seem to have gone from not wanting to take money from people,like you said when looking for ideas,to charging a lot of money.If the rates were lower I think you would have a greater amount of people joining and still make the same amount of money.What ever happens I would like to say thank you for a great site.

full time daddy
Veteran
im glad im a mod.......

<--------do i get my ICMAG Supporters tag now or later :) j/k

i understand it cost to run a site like this even with the free help of the mod's but the price's do seem a lil high 35,121 members 1/2 are more then likly kids or double names leaving 17,560. 1/2 again are not gonna come up with funds to pay 8780...... 1/2 again for what ever reason leaves 4390 * 100 yr = 439,000 / 12months = 36,583 a month

if it where $100 a lifetime even being a mod id pay it.... but $250 is outrageous

RED145

"do i get my ICMAG Supporters tag now or later :) j/k"

LOL,I know yer just kiding,but not really,lottsa folk gonna get big hard ons from having that little add-on......theres where the seperation of classes comes in,add yer own private special forum and it gets more seperated.

All you math whizzes are correct,the numbers get amazing,but dont forget to add the seed sales into that,ya really wanna get blown away!!!!!

Seems to me,one release of Rez's chem beans will generate enuf cash to pay for the server.again without the actuall magic number its all guessing.its still a 60/40 split right?lottsa money in seed!!!

Maybe the vendors should be forced to absorb the cost,after all,they are the ones profiting off this site,matter of fact,ANYONE who profits off this site should be made to pay,not the ones who come here,buy beans,and dont profit.

startin to piss me off,but I know.....who cares!!!LOL

Costs money to make money dont it!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.