What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Thread Search Feature!

Skip

Veteran
I've just created a new thread search that is super fast. The thread title search in "Advanced Search" doesn't work well and has been removed.

This new search will find whole phrases, not just individual words.

The link is right under the Forum Menu on most pages.

This is the kind of search I prefer since it brings up the most relevant threads based on thread titles rather than thread content.

Let me know what you think of it!

Last edited:

Skip

Veteran
I should also mention that there is no lower limit on size of the words in the search, so you can lookup OG Kush and it will find it.

But all the words will be searched exactly as requested, so a search for "purple haze" will yield different results from "haze purple".

Skip

Veteran
This kind of search makes it easy to find well-titled threads.

Keep that in mind when coming up with thread titles.

If you want someone to find your thread easily, use keywords in your title.

Nobody will search for a thread entitled "My Grow" or other such generic titles.

H

huarmiquilla

howdy Skip

how you do?
respect

thank you
lovely not lower limit

positive vibrations

Skip

Veteran
I should also mention that it only gives at most the last hundred posted threads by date.

If you can't find what you're looking for in 100 threads, then try a more narrow search.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
nice addition, but can we also keep the old one please? I know its still there now, but just in case you were thinking of getting rid of it, I quite like it and have never had a problem using it to search for the contents of a post within a thread.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
This kind of search makes it easy to find well-titled threads.

Keep that in mind when coming up with thread titles.

If you want someone to find your thread easily, use keywords in your title.

Nobody will search for a thread entitled "My Grow" or other such generic titles.
Id like to update the title of my thread, who do i contact to do that?

[YOUTUBEIF]32A-9xa9TbY[/YOUTUBEIF]

What else can we say?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I now use google and include icmag in the search and it finds most threads I'm looking for.

I will try this though.

Thanks!

M

mugenbao

Ah, so nice to have this. I've wished for this kind of search hundreds of times in the last few years :D

:thank you:

Skip

Veteran
nice addition, but can we also keep the old one please? I know its still there now, but just in case you were thinking of getting rid of it, I quite like it and have never had a problem using it to search for the contents of a post within a thread.
The old search will still be around. However the old title search will be removed shortly.

UPDATE: The old title search is now gone.

Last edited:

Skip

Veteran
The member search is now more prominent on the members list page, and the useless alphabetical search is gone. :)

Agaricus

Hal-a-looya! Those are two of my pet peeves and they seem to be the default on most of the sites I haunt. Probably something some marketing weenie wanted.

Anyway, thanks.

Latest posts

Latest posts