What's new

Crossing the motherline! [Roms JLB F7 x CG Durban F2]

What should I grow next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BC LONE WOLF

Yes, I'm showcasing a pure landrace, vs a more selected cross between cultivars and a properly selected "hybrid". If we talked this way about humans we'd be so canceled...
Naga counts as narrow leaf multipurpose.

I’ve been reading and educating myself as well in the difference (and grower perspective) of a landrace genepool vs a more worked hybrid but with landrace background.

My idea was to select bigger yields within a landrace pheno selection but I’m not sure that even happens in a landrace (having exceptional yields), from my personal experience seems like big yielding landrace derived cultivars have had a more compact “indica” structure put in.

I have only worked with some landraces not all of them. And seems like the inbreeding factor plays a big role when it’s coming from a open pollination population.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
I’ve been reading and educating myself as well in the difference (and grower perspective) of a landrace genepool vs a more worked hybrid but with landrace background.

My idea was to select bigger yields within a landrace pheno selection but I’m not sure that even happens in a landrace (having exceptional yields), from my personal experience seems like big yielding landrace derived cultivars have had a more compact “indica” structure put in.

I have only worked with some landraces not all of them. And seems like the inbreeding factor plays a big role when it’s coming from a open pollination population.
Absolutely. Cannabis in its feral state has no need to carry broccoli, any extra "yield" given by the plant is always and exclusively human selection.
Any landrace should be grown simply for its aesthetic appeal and chemotype when outside of its natural habitat, yield should be the last item on the hierarchy.

BC LONE WOLF

Absolutely. Cannabis in its feral state has no need to carry broccoli, any extra "yield" given by the plant is always and exclusively human selection.
Any landrace should be grown simply for its aesthetic appeal and chemotype when outside of its natural habitat, yield should be the last item on the hierarchy.
100% well said.

Part of the new chapter in cannabis should be education new generation of growers on the actual looks and overall organoleptic properties/characteristics of real landraces/heirlooms/feral cannabis.

I been on the transition from expectations to acknowledgement when it comes to breeding and using landraces to create new phenos.