What's new

the Mexican Landraces Thread

elchischas

Veteran
I think the story goes that limon verde aka corinto made its way to mex like many others

If you can get VL from a Mexican source it's far superior imvho to any sourced in colombia.

Grows have had that strain locked down in Mexico for decades. Or more like generations of farmers.

My buddy south of cancun who's been there 20 years says the best local pot is VL more commonly called just" limon".

On another note. This has always been one of my fave threads on ic.....due to everyone's awesome contributions. 👌
You are totally wrong
"Verde Limon" "lima limón" are totally mexican strains, not related to any colombian genes.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Between the Lebanese and afghani hashplants and colombians that got mixed into local landraces and hybrids, or if they were non hybridized. You are right....anything grown indigenously for 50 or 60 years can be considered . "Local"

There was a time when Mexico was a world leading exporter of cannabis. Supplying 80 to 90% of the u.s. market. Anyone producing on such a scale would and will always be looking for or creating an edge to keep a tight grip on their pipelines, production efficiency.

There was also a time when intercontinental cartels were the original bean swappers/ breeders

It's always very very important to balance passion with pragmatism when it comes to our fave Herb 😀

Screenshot_20240504_102006_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thcvhunter

Veteran
You are totally wrong
"Verde Limon" "lima limón" are totally mexican strains, not related to any colombian genes.
Keep mind, this guy found 1960s Haze, Skunk, Mexican landrace, and others, all in some ditchweed from Peru during his Ayahuasca trip where he drank 300 cups of Ayahuasca and came back home to do cocaine for his birthday...and yet swears that its pure peruvian gold with zero skunk genetics polluting it (collected in 2022/2023)

elchischas

Veteran
Keep mind, this guy found 1960s Haze, Skunk, Mexican landrace, and others, all in some ditchweed from Peru during his Ayahuasca trip where he drank 300 cups of Ayahuasca and came back home to do cocaine for his birthday...and yet swears that its pure peruvian gold with zero skunk genetics polluting it (collected in 2022/2023)
Lately these types of scammers and liars have come to what was once the best forum in the world .
That's why it's better not to answer them.
Btw how are you bro?
How is this season going for you?

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Lately these types of scammers and liars have come to what was once the best forum in the world .
That's why it's better not to answer them.
Btw how are you bro?
How is this season going for you?
Thanks for checking in, buddy

Im doing amazingly well.
Found my way to a buddhist temple where I'll be living for the next year. Vajrayana Tibetan Buddhism, centered around the Red Tara lineage.

I found a neighbor that will let me plant a legal number of plants (6) so the season isn't a total write-off.

Uzbeki landrace IBL
Baglung Nepal
Topanga x Ghash
Master Kush x Ghash
Peshawar Paki x Wookie 15
These will be used to make a line in homage to Padmasambhava that I am thinking of calling Om Ah Hung, as he is from the NW Pakistan area called Oddiyana.
And a couple F2s of BOEL Hawaiian just because

elchischas

Veteran
Thanks for checking in, buddy

Im doing amazingly well.
Found my way to a buddhist temple where I'll be living for the next year. Vajrayana Tibetan Buddhism, centered around the Red Tara lineage.

I found a neighbor that will let me plant a legal number of plants (6) so the season isn't a total write-off.

Uzbeki landrace IBL
Baglung Nepal
Topanga x Ghash
Master Kush x Ghash
Peshawar Paki x Wookie 15
These will be used to make a line in homage to Padmasambhava that I am thinking of calling Om Ah Hung, as he is from the NW Pakistan area called Oddiyana.
And a couple F2s of BOEL Hawaiian just because
I'm happy for you bro
I hope this year will be a year of full of wisdom for you.

Please keep us update!

Saludos!

Latest posts

Latest posts