What's new

Thai weed from Thailand

weedebook

What farm is this weed coming from?
Did you find the seed in the buds?

I am new grower too. I came to South America from Thailand 7 years ago. I didnt like the local weed so I started growing from scratch. I didnt know how to sprout seed. You never stop learning.
I like growing so much now I grow vegetables. I learnt to grow using this Icmag site mostly.
It is amazing that you can learn something like this from the internet

I think the brick was made like this
This is how paraguayan weed is made and @elchischas said this method was used in Mexico too
Chischas, is this bricking method still used today or everybody is adapting to the new consumer demands and keep the buds in jars unpressed?
View attachment 19014598 View attachment 19014599

Finally the plant on hermie watch showed her true sex and moved her to the pollen producer greenhouse
I want to let them ripe and try if the flower is same quality as the pure girls
The trait dont fail. When I see this kind of flowering plants are intersex
View attachment 19014600
View attachment 19014602 View attachment 19014603
Now in the new greenhouse
View attachment 19014601

This is a girl that showed a low branch with male eggs. I cut it and she didnt grow any more balls so far
Same selection as the pure N Thai 08 male
View attachment 19014607

Mekhong Classic, the only pollen making plant so far. I might use this pollen on a N Thai P1 maybe make 10 seeds or so just to see what might do
View attachment 19014604

Phon Sawan
View attachment 19014605

This is the only pure thai male this season
It is the foxtail selection and he will be pollinizing everybody and hopefully try some of this seed in the future
He keeps stretching
View attachment 19014606
dried or fresh bud to make brick? How to store them ?
Today brick in thailand not good can't find smell like to the old day.

Last edited:

weedebook

Same farm from changrai.
a little bit

what smell makhong classic branch? all plant is same smell ?
it so beuatiful.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I dont think any Thai Stick or any other legendary strain from the 20th century like Punto Rojo is alive
It is not clear what cannabisnz calls early but I think it should be beginning 70s or so
Kangativa is old enough to have smoked the real deal?
I smoked the real deal southamericans of the 80s, I grew up with them. All that stock is extinct and their high was unique
In case Thai Stick would have miraculously survived from the 70s, with all that pollen flying around I doubt it is alive pure
yea it will still be around funky ,
probably in Laos ,, the same or similar ,
the bricks are just mass produced , sometimes early harvested etc ,
little care is taken with it , and yet the odd one is quite good , but they do vary from what i noted ...

some gunja farmers moved across the border when the eradication program was in action ,
im sure gypsy mentioned that in one of his seed collecting missions to laos , or i think he got the thai stick on the border at nong khai either way one of the suppliers mentioned this at the time ...

with some of those seeds , and growing them in the north east isaan area of thailand around udonthani or one of the close provinces ,, with a little selection , im fairly sure we could come up with something close enough to the original thai stick weed ...

the brown thai wasnt the best ,
it was the golden stuff not on sticks for sure ,
this has been documented by several folks , and i can testify to it too ...

weedebook

1718021295514.jpg

This is thai stick form phonswan make by local farmer. The effect stirs imagination energy and inspired to work and good mood. long last effect.

elchischas

Veteran

I am new grower too. I came to South America from Thailand 7 years ago. I didnt like the local weed so I started growing from scratch. I didnt know how to sprout seed. You never stop learning.
I like growing so much now I grow vegetables. I learnt to grow using this Icmag site mostly.
It is amazing that you can learn something like this from the internet

I think the brick was made like this
This is how paraguayan weed is made and @elchischas said this method was used in Mexico too
Chischas, is this bricking method still used today or everybody is adapting to the new consumer demands and keep the buds in jars unpressed?
View attachment 19014598 View attachment 19014599

Finally the plant on hermie watch showed her true sex and moved her to the pollen producer greenhouse
I want to let them ripe and try if the flower is same quality as the pure girls
The trait dont fail. When I see this kind of flowering plants are intersex
View attachment 19014600
View attachment 19014602 View attachment 19014603
Now in the new greenhouse
View attachment 19014601

This is a girl that showed a low branch with male eggs. I cut it and she didnt grow any more balls so far
Same selection as the pure N Thai 08 male
View attachment 19014607

Mekhong Classic, the only pollen making plant so far. I might use this pollen on a N Thai P1 maybe make 10 seeds or so just to see what might do
View attachment 19014604

Phon Sawan
View attachment 19014605

This is the only pure thai male this season
It is the foxtail selection and he will be pollinizing everybody and hopefully try some of this seed in the future
He keeps stretching
View attachment 19014606
Beautiful plants bro! Palabra.
I'm sure that compress the buds
It is a rarely used practice these days
here we are already very influenced by the American cultivation culture
all new growers talk about terpenes, flavors, and medical grade herbs so a lot has changed here
A example of pure Oaxacan buds from the Mountains
No more compressed style
IMG_20240606_114842.jpg

weedebook

Beautiful plants bro! Palabra.
I'm sure that compress the buds
It is a rarely used practice these days
here we are already very influenced by the American cultivation culture
all new growers talk about terpenes, flavors, and medical grade herbs so a lot has changed here
A example of pure Oaxacan buds from the Mountains
No more compressed style
View attachment 19015766
Beautiful What smell of Oaxacan ? I don't have any experience with Oaxacan. pls give me some. I tried to find information about oaxacan very interserting. and found "kind bud " what does it mean ?

funkyhorse

This is how it is done in Pedro Juan Caballero, Paraguay
I think this method in the 21st century with the technology available today is obsolote, vacuum bags are much better. I am thinking on investing in a decent vacuum sealing machine
They dry the flowers like this. Weather is humid, I dont think it is easy to get it dry ready to jar or bag
flores.jpg

Then the best quality is manually sifted removing bad parts and sticks
prensamar.jpg

And then processed to make bricks
caja.png

In Paraguay and South America weed is illegal
So bricks with the same packaging as Wally´s brick with nylon and masking tape are hidden buried under the living soil. This makes fermentation. It is not something they want or care about, it is not made on purpose, fermentation is a by product of transport and hiding weed buried
with some of those seeds , and growing them in the north east isaan area of thailand around udonthani or one of the close provinces ,, with a little selection , im fairly sure we could come up with something close enough to the original thai stick weed ...
I think so too. There is no breeding with pure sativas in the tropics. The little pure sativas breeding was done and kept in Europe and bred in tiny little 0,5 lt or 1 lt pots and selected for adaptability to these conditions and fast flowering times.
The problem is this: from what we have seen in the past and it is documented in the forums, the breeders doing the work dont get any reward. Basically in a market like Asia everybody will try copying
Another thing is if there is a market for this kind of weed. Growers report customers dont want landraces but hybrids from Europe. Basically what the customers know.
It is like going to a thai island and wanting to stay all day in the bungalow with aircon and cable tv. Basically tourists want the same things they know from home
So if anybody will do breeding work, is just for the love of the plant. Prices dont give any premium to top quality psychedelic or very high psychoactive weed. Hybrid low psychoactive weed or 30 min high weed is what the market wants with a lot of weird smells like chocolate vanilla or strawberry

I didnt smoke thai stick of old, I dont know but from the reports it seems it was fermented during transportation.
When I was buying weed I didnt care about anything but the high. I didnt care for smells nor maturity. And back then I could not know if bud is mature or not
The difference in the quality of the different batches of brick was such that it is not surprising at all to know today a lot of that brick wasnt mature bud
And because the brick bud wasnt mature like some paraguayan brick bud, it is why the seed it carries is more valuable than the bud. If you grow it properly you will get better quality bud than the brick

View attachment 19015754
This is thai stick form phonswan make by local farmer. The effect stirs imagination energy and inspired to work and good mood. long last effect.
Can you get the buds unpressed? I see a lot of leaf in this brick.
If I would be in Thailand I would be doing the same you do Khun weedebook
Are you in dry season or rainy wet season?
Where I live it is all year round wet season. So if I have dry bud I want to ferment, I just leave it outside in the garden 24 hours or less and is wet again
I didnt find difference in the high fermented or not but you never know until you try.
I would cut the brick in half. Vacuum cure half dry and the other half ferment by wetting it outdoors if you are in rainy season and check in 3-6 months which one you like better
In Bangkok I met people keeping their brick in the fridge for freshness

The plants from Prempavee are sexing or having little buds
The faster one is Phu Phan. I only have 2 Mekhong Classic with pistils and very few. I can only get an idea of the smells when the buds are maturing. Now I only smell chlorophyll

The weather in June is a lot better than May.
I am having again 25C every day and a lot of humidity and while thai weed is humid resistent, it is not inmune to botrytis
This season I tried wettable sulphur. I sprayed twice with 2 weeks difference in veg. Inside and outside the greenhouse
It simply killed powdery mildew(PM). Very impressive
N Thai girl 8 P1 last season had PM and a few other plants.
This year no PM at all. I am trying the N thai P2 without any spray to check
This is N Thai 8 P1 with 11 months cure, I have a few grams left
Leaf stays same green colour, what colour are is bud curing?
What colour is this?
N Thai 8 last year bud (1).jpeg
N Thai 8 last year bud (2).jpeg
N Thai 8 last year bud (3).jpeg

Because of the low temperatures, there were no bugs
But now with the higher temperatures bugs are coming back to life

And this is the same N thai 8 P1 from this year
Yesterday a branch broke. This year no PM. The buds are more sticky than last year
But it is suffering from botrytis and I have no solution for this
The progeny of girl 8 outcrossed to the equatorial male(male 2) made botrytis too. It is the same selection as the boy, so I am not sure if I should use him, if I had many males I would discard him if I want seed for my environment.
It is not for this humid wet environment, but this weed in dry season should be very decent
So this year I will make very little seed if at all
N Thai 8 P1
N Thai 8 p1 (1).jpeg
N Thai 8 p1 (2).jpeg
N Thai 8 p1 (3).jpeg
N Thai 8 p1 (4).jpeg

Edit: I forgot to add
While handling these buds from N Thai 8 I got a lot of resin in my hands
Then I handled without realizing the stem from the part affected with botrytis and to my surprise it washed all my resin from my hand. Much better than isopropyl alcohol. It seems fungus affects quality of the resins

Last edited:

weedebook

I think this method in the 21st century with the technology available today is obsolote, vacuum bags are much better. I am thinking on investing in a decent vacuum sealing machine
They dry the flowers like this. Weather is humid, I dont think it is easy to get it dry ready to jar or bag
View attachment 19015984

View attachment 19015985

View attachment 19015986

So bricks with the same packaging as Wally´s brick with nylon and masking tape are hidden buried under the living soil. This makes fermentation. It is not something they want or care about, it is not made on purpose, fermentation is a by product of transport and hiding weed buried

I think so too. There is no breeding with pure sativas in the tropics. The little pure sativas breeding was done and kept in Europe and bred in tiny little 0,5 lt or 1 lt pots and selected for adaptability to these conditions and fast flowering times.
The problem is this: from what we have seen in the past and it is documented in the forums, the breeders doing the work dont get any reward. Basically in a market like Asia everybody will try copying
Another thing is if there is a market for this kind of weed. Growers report customers dont want landraces but hybrids from Europe. Basically what the customers know.
It is like going to a thai island and wanting to stay all day in the bungalow with aircon and cable tv. Basically tourists want the same things they know from home
So if anybody will do breeding work, is just for the love of the plant. Prices dont give any premium to top quality psychedelic or very high psychoactive weed. Hybrid low psychoactive weed or 30 min high weed is what the market wants with a lot of weird smells like chocolate vanilla or strawberry

I didnt smoke thai stick of old, I dont know but from the reports it seems it was fermented during transportation.
When I was buying weed I didnt care about anything but the high. I didnt care for smells nor maturity. And back then I could not know if bud is mature or not
The difference in the quality of the different batches of brick was such that it is not surprising at all to know today a lot of that brick wasnt mature bud
And because the brick bud wasnt mature like some paraguayan brick bud, it is why the seed it carries is more valuable than the bud. If you grow it properly you will get better quality bud than the brick

Where I live it is all year round wet season. So if I have dry bud I want to ferment, I just leave it outside in the garden 24 hours or less and is wet again
I didnt find difference in the high fermented or not but you never know until you try.
I would cut the brick in half. Vacuum cure half dry and the other half ferment by wetting it outdoors if you are in rainy season and check in 3-6 months which one you like better

The faster one is Phu Phan. I only have 2 Mekhong Classic with pistils and very few. I can only get an idea of the smells when the buds are maturing. Now I only smell chlorophyll

I am having again 25C every day and a lot of humidity and while thai weed is humid resistent, it is not inmune to botrytis
This season I tried wettable sulphur. I sprayed twice with 2 weeks difference in veg. Inside and outside the greenhouse
What colour is this?
View attachment 19015987 View attachment 19015988 View attachment 19015989

Yesterday a branch broke. This year no PM. The buds are more sticky than last year
The progeny of girl 8 outcrossed to the equatorial male(male 2) made botrytis too. It is the same selection as the boy, so I am not sure if I should use him, if I had many males I would discard him if I want seed for my environment.
It is not for this humid wet environment, but this weed in dry season should be very decent
N Thai 8 P1
View attachment 19015990 View attachment 19015991 View attachment 19015992 View attachment 19015993
Then I handled without realizing the stem from the part affected with botrytis and to my surprise it washed all my resin from
View attachment 19015984

View attachment 19015985

View attachment 19015986

What colour is this?

N Thai 8 P1
View attachment 19015990 View attachment 19015991 View attachment 19015992 View attachment 19015993
Then I handled without realizing the stem from the part affected with botrytis and to my surprise it washed all my resin from my hand. Much better than isopropyl alcohol. It seems fungus affects quality of the resins

View attachment 19015984

View attachment 19015985

View attachment 19015986

What colour is this?

N Thai 8 P1
Rain season

i think it enhanced. i try it by myself at the same time same bud with thai landrace. smell have change to chocolate and headache effect is gone and the high are not like jar cure. i find smell like the old day but never find it today. Why? This year i'll try with phonswan it effect similar to the old day.

i 'll try it with put in the jar Boveda and fridge

weedebook

หน่องดูทองสําหรับฉัน ... พระพุทธรูปทองคําบางที?
in the old day i got golden bud and yellow leaf with orange hair she come from trat province in thailand.The flowers were still fresh when they arrived and smell like wild mango and tangerine maybe you call it golden budda what effect of golden budda? In my home town we call "เนื้อทอง" the effect is so good. but can't find it anymore

elchischas

Veteran
Beautiful What smell of Oaxacan ? I don't have any experience with Oaxacan. pls give me some. I tried to find information about oaxacan very interserting. and found "kind bud " what does it mean ?
Good day bro
Well Oaxaca its a state of México
Full of Mountains and valleys
A really good spot for grow weed
Used to be many different strains over there
But slighly was Lost the genetics because the hybrization.
Fortunately still some isolated areas where the traditional farmers still growing the old pure Oaxacan sativas.
Usually the smell on many Oaxaca strains are like: pine, mentol and quite citric
But this one smell mainly pinneapple scent
IMG_20240607_180854.jpg

Nexus7

in the old day i got golden bud and yellow leaf with orange hair she come from trat province in thailand.The flowers were still fresh when they arrived and smell like wild mango and tangerine maybe you call it golden budda what effect of golden budda? In my home town we call "เนื้อทอง" the effect is so good. but can't find it anymore

Unfortunately I never got to taste those thai sticks of olds ... but do have a friend I hold in high regard who suggested the stuff that turns brown shortly after harvest is what we should be looking for ...
Actually TomHill mentions the same thing too!

weedebook

I try phonswan local famer bud with malawi cob style seal and store her at 32-36C After 2 days she became more sticky. and smell change to the old day a little bit. smooth to smoke. effect is more deep from before.Thank you all If you have any suggestions, please tell me.

Attachments

• 1718162157471.jpg
    1718162157471.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

weedebook

Good day bro
Well Oaxaca its a state of México
Full of Mountains and valleys
A really good spot for grow weed
Used to be many different strains over there
But slighly was Lost the genetics because the hybrization.
Fortunately still some isolated areas where the traditional farmers still growing the old pure Oaxacan sativas.
โดยปกติกลิ่นของโออาซากาหลายสายพันธุ์จะชอบ: สนเมนทอลและค่อนข้าง
citric

But this one smell mainly pinneapple scent
View attachment 19016143
Beatiful love sativa

Nexus7

neither tried the golden thai ,
so they missed the best ,
the brown is good , but the golden stuff is better ,

hey havent u got people to troll on another forum mate ,
and hands to hold ,
oh and stories to tell , dont waste your time here ,
or would you like to try the same on this forum ??
mr geneticist ... lol ...

Thanks Wal for your input ...

You did mention your thoughts or gold vs. brown thai weed earlier! We didn't forget!

But feel free to let people post opinions on the matter which don't always align with yours :tiphat: