What's new

Rosin is hard after decarb

filpress

hello, after your precious advice I bought a press and tried to make my first pen refills. During the decarb my rosin becomes liquid but as soon as it cools it solidifies. What could be the problem? Little time to decarb? Or some other error? I also tried adding a drop of terpenes later but the result didn't change. I think one drop in my gram is too little to change viscosity.

goingrey

Solid in room temp would mean there isn't any residual water (as rosin wouldn't have any residual solvents which would be the other option). What you have made is the good stuff, congrats. And what you need to do is upgrade from a crappy ejuice pen to a proper dabbing rig (I believe they do also have pen types). Or just downgrade to a normal glass or metal pipe.

goingrey

Oh and what they use to keep the juice in carts liquid are vegetable glycerin (VG), propylene glycol (PG), and medium-chain triglycerides (MCT oil).

The history behind using these is that originally e-cigarettes were meant as a nicotine delivery system. Nicotine when vaporized at the amounts used doesn't really create any smoke-like fog or what should it be called. So while the nicotine did get into the users system the "feeling" of smoking was not there and these chemicals were used to simulate that.

THC when vaporized creates a lot of heavy vapor similar to smoke. There is absolutely no need to have this kind of chemical juice mix when vaporizing THC. It is just added because, well I don't know why, because people are willing to pay hash prices for cheap chemicals?

filpress

Oh and what they use to keep the juice in carts liquid are vegetable glycerin (VG), propylene glycol (PG), and medium-chain triglycerides (MCT oil).

The history behind using these is that originally e-cigarettes were meant as a nicotine delivery system. Nicotine when vaporized at the amounts used doesn't really create any smoke-like fog or what should it be called. So while the nicotine did get into the users system the "feeling" of smoking was not there and these chemicals were used to simulate that.

THC when vaporized creates a lot of heavy vapor similar to smoke. There is absolutely no need to have this kind of chemical juice mix when vaporizing THC. It is just added because, well I don't know why, because people are willing to pay hash prices for cheap chemicals?
Aren't vg and pg also harmful to health? I would like to create something natural so if I can't make it liquid I think I'll try with a dab pen

goingrey

Aren't vg and pg also harmful to health? I would like to create something natural so if I can't make it liquid I think I'll try with a dab pen
They are considered safe by the experts (FDA and so on). My non-expert opinion is that they can't be good for you but are obviously a better option than inhaling smoke, especially cigarette smoke.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Vaping mct oils sounds not healthy. I tried a vape pen in jamaica where it turned out it was herb infused coconut oil. Very harsh and rancid tasting and was bad on my lungs. The rasta trying to sell it didn't really understand what he was doing but that was in 2014 with the starting decriminalisation.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
@filpress Look into something called the Terp Pen.

This vape is kind of like a cartridge pen. Not quite, but similar. Cheap ($30). Very effective. I have had 3 or 4 of these when I was doing concentrates.

It uses straight rosin that you press with no additives.

Latest posts

Latest posts