What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Roms's

Roms

.bzh
Veteran

View attachment 18975577

📷 Mazar i sharif (ibl)
Two fems 15 months slowly cured.
💨 Great medicinal morning smoke for us, one of the best herbs we ever experienced.
a) The 🍓 pheno with the strong oval rocks for flowers, still fresh, her greenish early look didn't fade away when look in person, energize the body and spirit.
b) The Greek mountain tea pheno aka Sideritis, smells like a greek heirloom mountain tea variety from day one until now, Dark red more airy flowers, maybe a better option to hunt for my humid climate 😀. Great smoke too.

- @Roms Couldn't keep clones this round but gonna be ready in a few months to start some projects, see you via email soon 😉.

Irie

:plant grow:

Hia indeed my fav bro, imagine its dry sift compressed mamamilla the best hasch ever, Milk of Maz!

Congratz for the year old curing! Respect @taracula :biggrin:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Mazar-Sharif-Hash-Afghanistani-.jpg

Cheers bro @taracula :cool:

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hi SL welcome, my Swaz line will be restock for June 2025, i have Mazari work before! ^^

Next Swaz generation will be F5 x F3, backcross project to the cocacola terps refound in my F2s by @purple clouds, one mom F3 selected thanks to him!

Larger repro i plan with also the project to separate the earlier moms and create a new Swazi Black version will see.

Last edited:

SunnyListon

Its none of them. Its the Original Swazi Safari from The Flying Dutchmen.

Everyone who tried it, asked two questions:
1.What is this?
2.Can I get it?

Many great stories about people, who tried it.
One guy turned 4 hours into a baby and destroyed my date by starring at me and the girl.
Another guy teared up and made me feel wtf?

Made severall crosses with it, for example:

Swazi x True Blueberry - very stoney, blue taste

Swazi x The Pure - lost the seeds

Swazi x (Swazi x The Pure)- too strong for me, feels like a 2 days stone. Didnt like it

Swazi x Original Calizahr - Untested

Swazi x (Flo first Release x Blueberry First Release) - Very blue taste, wow

Swazi x Flo F2

Swazi x Congo - Untested

Swazi x Michka - Untested

Swazi x DP Durban - Great Stone, but next day effect, so not for me

Next project will be Swazi x (Ethiopian x Congo)

And some others, forgot about them, lol

Lolo94

Its none of them. Its the Original Swazi Safari from The Flying Dutchmen.

Everyone who tried it, asked two questions:
1.What is this?
2.Can I get it?

Many great stories about people, who tried it.
One guy turned 4 hours into a baby and destroyed my date by starring at me and the girl.
Another guy teared up and made me feel wtf?

Made severall crosses with it, for example:

Swazi x True Blueberry - very stoney, blue taste

Swazi x The Pure - lost the seeds

Swazi x (Swazi x The Pure)- too strong for me, feels like a 2 days stone. Didnt like it

Swazi x Original Calizahr - Untested

Swazi x (Flo first Release x Blueberry First Release) - Very blue taste, wow

Swazi x Flo F2

Swazi x Congo - Untested

Swazi x Michka - Untested

Swazi x DP Durban - Great Stone, but next day effect, so not for me

Next project will be Swazi x (Ethiopian x Congo)

And some others, forgot about them, lol
Interesting crosses. I have also crossed my old Swazi line to a variety of strains, including:
Oriental Blue- (Trainwreck x S.C. Bluedream x Thai)
Appollo 13 BX
Jamaican clone (wasn't Lambsbread and grew more like a hybrid)
Red Congolese (Referman)
African 75 (Malawi x Nigerian Nightmare x Afghani).
Malawi x Ethipian (future cross)

I ended up throwing out the first 3, because I thought they muddled the Swazi high and seemed to dampen the high energy effect that I'm after. My favorite so far is the Red Congolese cross which really seems to complement the high and is slightly higher yield. I've backcrossed it once to create a 75% Swazi 25% Rec Congo. I am currently growing the Swazi x African 75 cross (which seems phenotypically Swazi dominant, but somewhat smaller). Good luck with finding a male.

EnjoyingLife

Interesting crosses. I have also crossed my old Swazi line to a variety of strains, including:
Oriental Blue- (Trainwreck x S.C. Bluedream x Thai)
Appollo 13 BX
Jamaican clone (wasn't Lambsbread and grew more like a hybrid)
Red Congolese (Referman)
African 75 (Malawi x Nigerian Nightmare x Afghani).
Malawi x Ethipian (future cross)

I ended up throwing out the first 3, because I thought they muddled the Swazi high and seemed to dampen the high energy effect that I'm after. My favorite so far is the Red Congolese cross which really seems to complement the high and is slightly higher yield. I've backcrossed it once to create a 75% Swazi 25% Rec Congo. I am currently growing the Swazi x African 75 cross (which seems phenotypically Swazi dominant, but somewhat smaller). Good luck with finding a male.
Oriental blue sounds intriguing

Dirt Life

Veteran
Hey ROMS, and Atao fans! So, just wanted to post a quick smoke report on the lone Swazi Rooi (Black pheno).. I think she's around 6-7 weeks cure now, I actually forget how long, I'd have to look.. anyways, I've enjoyed the Swaz out of a glass spoon, vape, and rolled joint. The vape is my favorite way to consume, followed by rolled, then pipe. In the jar, she has an herby, perfume smell, with a bit of a minty menthol.. not too strong. When vaping, that's the taste you get.. it's very nice and light, and smooth.

Combusting the flower makes it a bit harsher.. she goes down smooth, but it's easy to pull too much and bust a lung. It also pretty much eliminates the slight minty menthol. In a pipe, she burns a bit hot. The high is very nice, and pretty damn strong. She hits within 30 seconds of your first pull.. you get that buzz building in the brain, sometimes breaking a sweat.

The high for me isn't speedy energetic though.. it's very "focusing" cannabis for me... I find myself really getting deep into whatever I'm doing at the moment, from cooking, to music, to even watching TV. But it's far from sedentary or body numbing.. it's all in the head. All in all, really like this bud, but, as Roms has pointed out, not the most flavorful bud in the world, although, really nice in a vape.. This is good flower for a nice night out, or a backyard grill, or anything involving something to do. It activates the mind, so don't smoke this before bed.. 😆😵‍💫

Smoking this really makes me want to find that elusive Coca-Cola plant, that would be an awesome flavor! Actually, it makes me want to try some of the more longer flowering phenos, as well! Anyways, great work Roms! And anyone still on the fence about Swazi Rooi, just go for it. Easy plants to grow, great focused high, and very fairly priced.

full

full

full

Lolo94

Beautiful buds. @Dirtlife, did you allow the fan leaves to yellow and die on the plant before harvesting? Maybe it's just the photo, but the color of the bud (considering the length of cure) looks like it. This is something I always did outdoors and carried it to my current small indoor grows and it seems to quicken the cure. I never understood keeping fan leaves green at harvest (I'm guessing it's to increase yield?). Having grown papaya, banana and other annual tropical fruits (not for production), the best tasting fruit always came when it was harvested on a naturally dying plant.
Great smoke report also. Roms' strain sounds excellent. The high focus trait is a great quality and something severly lacking in many modern strains. Although, I've not tried Roms' Swazi (hope to in the future), I also describe mine as not very flavorful. Maybe it's a common feature for the old Swazi. I am curious if the high energy effect is based on a person's internal chemistry. One of the reasons I disliked narcotic indicas so much was that they seemed to affect me more negatively than others who smoked them.

Dirt Life

Veteran
Hey Lolo94, thanks for the kind words! Yeah, I let the fans wither on the plant before harvesting... I've always reduced feed the last 2-3 weeks of life for my plants. They don't bulk up at the end, although a lot of plants will swell... I've always been of the sound mind that leaves are supposed to die off naturally, and have "overferted" plants where they remained green and healthy to the end... never noticed a positive side on doing this, just seems like a waste. I also don't deliberately starve them either. Balance, for me, is key. And, I wish I can grow tropical fruits in my backyard.. I grew up in Northern California, and I used to have a plum tree and pomegranate tree in my backyard.. in NY, not the right zone for those fruits to say the least... 🍌🍍🥭

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
@Dirt Life :biggrin: Cheers bro thank you for report, indeed effects can be different according smokers but i really found some more energic heartbeat ones more disturbing i think... Potency level up for few specimens ?... Cheers and good suite to explore its quite large diversity landrace powa!

@Lolo94 Malawi x Ethiopia sounds great bro! Good combo, Hawaiian outdoor test?

@shiva82 Ya AfroSweetMango based on SPG*Mango Haze x Swazi Red.
Funny pink Swazi name you kept for her ^^

Last edited:

Lolo94

@Roms, I'm hoping that the Malawi x Ethiopian turns out well. I'll be testing it indoors first with a Hawaii light cycle. If it grows well with a 13 to 11 hour light cycle and the high has the right quality, then it will only improve once exposed to the Hawaiian outdoor setting.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Interesting project @Lolo94, i think that our thoughts are creative with influence on genetics so your plants or seeds already listen Hawaii perspective but long flowering time to shorten and mold proof fingers to cross!
I think that the best acclimatization method would be to do the F1 in outdoor and if this is not the case the F2 generation should be carried out in this sense to better adapt. Laki maikaʻi iā ʻoe! :ying:

Lolo94

Interesting project @Lolo94, i think that our thoughts are creative with influence on genetics so your plants or seeds already listen Hawaii perspective but long flowering time to shorten and mold proof fingers to cross!
I think that the best acclimatization method would be to do the F1 in outdoor and if this is not the case the F2 generation should be carried out in this sense to better adapt. Laki maikaʻi iā ʻoe! :ying:
Unfortunately, I am not in Hawaii at the present time, but will return in the next several years. I am currently limited to a small indoor setup. As such, my testing is limited mostly to quality (type of high) and growth patterns using the 13 to 11 hour light cycle. I'm not particularly concerned with yield, taste or smell . Right now, my emphasis with newly acquired strains, is on doing one replication of plants I like and then storing the seeds for later outdoor testing. If the quality is there (type of high), the potency will only improve with the Hawaii sun. There are plenty of great available strains in Hawaii, but it's kind of fun to adapt your own and watch it evolve. I'm sure that the Swazi crosses will have no adaptation issues, but the others who knows.