What's new

Prepping for outdoor,seed repros and Mothers..

OttoGrower

This could get me confused.(shocker).

In another thread I was asking about container size, and then I thought I should also be asking about sexing and getting ready for the outdoor season.

I was thinking that if I had 2 varieties of 10 seeds each,and wanted 4 clones off each plant,then I'm talking about potentially 80 clones if I were to pop all the seeds,right? I could no doubt reduce that number if I were to take just 1 cut off each for sexing,but then I'm just wasting time prepping for an outdoor that is just around the corner.

Is it not recommended to just pop 5 seeds instead of 10? I'm going to do some of those Waziri that @p59teitel talks about in the landrace forum,and then some Rishi Kush from Mandala that I have,as well as 4 M#1s that are currently growing.

I wondered if the seeds could be germinated in RW and then to 1gal pots till sized enough to get cuts. But wowzer,that's a LOT more 1gal pots than I have. It's also more pots than my tent could accommodate.

Ideas or suggestions?

Dime

Clone then sex a clone and you can cut your big plant numbers down by removing males before anything shows from maturity. You don't need all the room for clones but mothers take space. For clones I took a large cooler and mounted a small undercounter flourescent under the lid and it will hold plenty and can be put anywhere. Good luck.

OttoGrower

I may have complicated the issue.

I want to identify males for breeding. Especially if I can identify a garlic smelling male to repro seeds.

I want to also identify all females and select for the Garlic odor that @p59teitel explains in his posts so I can repro seeds with that expression.

Then I want to maybe try a colloidal silver reversal.

Then I also want Plants to put out for outdoor.

I also want to find and reserve a Mother plant.Maybe a reversal would serve the same purpose tho.?

If I am correct, then I'll need multiple clones in order to increase my odds of finding the plant expressions I am hoping for.

That means quite a few clones if I crack 10 or all 12 seeds.

This is pretty ambitious I will admit. I don't want to have to put anything off, but maybe I would be better served just cracking 6 seeds of the Waziri and raise the selected females exclusively for this outdoor season,and then revisit the breeding portion this fall after the outdoor is in the jars.?

I've not done a project like this before,but I am sure there is lots of help from the experienced members here.

Latest posts

Latest posts