What's new

OldTimer's Haze Purple Selection

FeelHaze

Yes, I agree. OTH is one of my favorites. I prefer the green for daytime smoke and the purple is quite nice in later afternoon or early evening. The purple has fermented dark fruits, like berry wine aromas. Musty and quite exotic if not on the mild side (not overly loud). I’ve grown both green and purple OTH in a handful of crosses as well. It tends to dominate a cross, but you can add some potency (THC levels) that way and possibly reduce your growing times by a month or so.

Pure OTH is not an easy one at all grown indoors. My limited experience indoors suggests keeping the pots of organic soil on the small side and root bound until mid-flower and then up potting to soil fertilized in P and K but not too much N. Light cycle for flowering starts at 11/13 and finish at 10/14 or less. Best to start flowering immediately from freshly rooted clone.

I'm going to grow Ace Panama Haze (Panama x OTH) indoor on my next run and that is the stategy I'll be using.

Do you know which type of soil OTH and OTH crosses like ? I grow organically. I was planning to go for a blend of peat moss, coco, worm casting with some added dolomite lime.

Help from growers experienced with pure sativas would be appreciated :)

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I'm going to grow Ace Panama Haze (Panama x OTH) indoor on my next run and that is the stategy I'll be using.

Do you know which type of soil OTH and OTH crosses like ? I grow organically. I was planning to go for a blend of peat moss, coco, worm casting with some added dolomite lime.

Help from growers experienced with pure sativas would be appreciated :)
I’ve grown the Panama x OTH in smaller pots in the past, but outdoors.
1714616851658.png

1714616885236.png

She will need moderate levels of food. Higher than pure OTH, but still not an N hog like many types are. I don’t think the stretch was terrible. I’d transplant just before the flip if that is your inclination. Great effects. Above was a green OTH version.

Your mix sounds great. If you have access to some good leaf mold, I’d add that in as well.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I personally won’t mess with pure OTH indoors again. It’s doable, but I don’t feel it can meet its full potential like it can in an outdoor environment. If that’s your only option, take clones from seeds that have been rooted from a sexually mature or nearly mature plant. Something with at least 6 nodes. Then as soon as it roots, put it in a gallon pot filled about 2/3 full of soil and put it on 11/13 light cycle after a couple of days. In a few weeks as it stretches, you can add more soil around the stem to within an inch of the pots top. It should shoot more roots easily from the stem into the fresh soil on top. After 8-9 weeks, if you are seeing it root bound and having trouble with the feed levels in the soil, up-pot to a larger pot…like 2-3 gallon to finish and cut the light after a week in the new pot to 10/14…maybe even finish the last couple weeks 9/15. Keep the N levels on the lower side…especially in the second half of flower…or she will never stop stretching.

The above is my recommendation if someone were to buy these Pandora purple haze seeds as well. Keep in mind, these can flower for 20 weeks. Make sure your prepared to handle that indoors both space and commitment wise.

Crosses can handle indoors a lot better depending on who she’s crossed with. Panama Haze seems like it should do well indoors. Thai Haze, um not so much. That would be more like growing it pure.

Last edited:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
@PandoraSeedBank, whose carrying these seeds in stock? Looks like Mandala is sold out and your site is closed for maintenance. I have 10 seeds of the old Ace release purple OTH and I’d like to add to that and do a decent sized seed search through 30 plants or so. I’ve got tons of 3F x 6M F2’s, but that’s from only a couple of plants and is too bottle necked for a proper search.

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
@PandoraSeedBank, whose carrying these seeds in stock? Looks like Mandala is sold out and your site is closed for maintenance. I have 10 seeds of the old Ace release purple OTH and I’d like to add to that and do a decent sized seed search through 30 plants or so. I’ve got tons of 3F x 6M F2’s, but that’s from only a couple of plants and is too bottle necked for a proper search.
Hello, thank you very much for the interest.
Unfortunately I have had to close until October.
The expenses to be able to sell were higher than the sales... I only make sales in Europe and Mandala has stopped shipping to the US until October, which is where they sent the most. I didn't earn money but I covered expenses.
Spain is a country with taxes for absolutely everything. Some thieves. A bunch of sucking leeches rule us.
The country is getting worse and worse.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hello, thank you very much for the interest.
Unfortunately I have had to close until October.
The expenses to be able to sell were higher than the sales... I only make sales in Europe and Mandala has stopped shipping to the US until October, which is where they sent the most. I didn't earn money but I covered expenses.
Spain is a country with taxes for absolutely everything. Some thieves. A bunch of sucking leeches rule us.
The country is getting worse and worse.
Seems we are in a similar boat in the US. Hopefully they are available this fall. I can start a hunt in spring 2025. Good luck to you and the Pandora team!