What's new

Need Help Optimizing My Tent Conditions

mouldypizza41

Hey everyone!

I’m a newbie here, trying to get the hang of managing my grow tent, and could use some advice. My current setup isn’t quite hitting the mark, and I’d like to avoid buying more gear if possible.

Here’s what I’ve got:

- A 6-inch oscillating fan
- A thermostat controlled... 6" fan (had it for electric heater in cold, but don't want to purchase a AC unit)
- A single-speed exhaust fan (on/off, no "dimming") on a circulating timer set 2m on / 4 min off
- A hygrometer controlled humidifier
- a spare circulating timer
- A smart power strip with individually controlled plugs

I’m struggling with balancing humidity and temperature. Right now, my exhaust fan runs for 2 minutes on, 4 minutes off. This setup drops my humidity too much but keeps the temp around 78°F. However, it raises my DWC water temps to about 73°F. If I run the exhaust less, the humidity sits nicely at 60%, but then the tent gets too warm.

Ideal for me is keeping the humidity around 60% without the tent overheating or the DWC temps getting too high. My current approach has me chasing either temperature or humidity, never quite balancing both.

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue or has suggestions on how to better regulate these conditions using my existing equipment?

Thanks a lot for any input!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
That's a tough question friend, however, it looks like you have the right equipment to make it work. It can be hard to get dialed and take a lot of trial and error. The only way is to keep trying different methods until you find the best one. It can take a few days to weeks of your time to get everything in order. Stay at it and you will get dialed in.