What's new

light fixture question

Sleepy

Veteran
hi, i got these the other day...

1)can anyone tell me what is available to do the following: i want to add these to the grow(duh); i only want ONE plug to plug in(USA);i want to have at least 3 of the 4 lights running off of the same "fixture"; i dont want a fire hazard! the bulbs screw into a normal light socket.

>is this possible?

>i thought about a cord for each light, but i don't have enough open plugs to accept that many "fixtures"

2)if i were to use these 4 bulbs in a "veg box", what would you suggest using for that?
>again, no fire hazards.

>minmal cords to plug in.

thanks for your ideas/thoughts.

sleepy

Sleepy

Veteran
shit or get off the pot...

shit or get off the pot...

ok sometimes i can be impatient.

i got a chrome pedestal lamp that takes 3 lights that can be aimed. $18.95.
4 bulbs $20.00.

i'm all set, thanks.

i also got a new power strip with a timer built in!! rated at 15 Amps...so i can have all 3 light fixtures plugged in and controlled by one timer...all UL listed-just what i wanted!!
will post a pic later.

Last edited:

Sleepy

Veteran
don't bother...

don't bother...

big surprise! it doesn't give off as much light i thought it would!!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

looks like i got a new floor lamp.

G

Get some 12/3 or or 14/3 electrical cord at HD. They have it by the foot in the electrical department. Make sure to get the real flexible stuff like extension cord style and size.

Get a junction box, they are 4"x4" square with a top that fastens with two small screws. It should be right there in the same area.

Get a hand full of "yellow" wire nuts(I think the reds are to small) may be the orange ones...anyways your going to be tying four sets of the wires per wire nut. So size accordingly.

Get 4 of the light socket plugs(grounded). They have ceramic and some other space age material right there with all this other stuff.

Get 1 grounded plug end to plug into the wall. same place in the store

Cut 1 long length of cord which will become the cord to the plug in the wall or timer whatever. Make however long you want and bring it into the junction box. There are little plugs or disc you knock out to get the cords into the center of the box.

Cut 4 equal length peices of cord for your lights. They can be 1 foot, 2 feet whatever but they are basically going to be coming out of the box one on each side and hanging down. You cound mount the box to the top of the cabinet, closet, growbox or whatever and then just let the lights hang down between your plants so they are kickin out at 360 degrees all around your plants. Heat shouldn't be a problem and you can position them pretty much wherever you want.

Make sure all your connections are good and it should be fine

It will look like a spider with lights on the ends of his 4 legs. heh

Tex

Oh yea, all this will be like 12.00 or less

Sleepy

Veteran
Wags!!!

thanks, i ordered two last night and the correct sockets, as well...

TK, thank you thank you!!i will use the shopping list!!!-but not right away :smile: next time, i'll be more patient and wait for both of you to dispense guidance before i go "shopping" :biglaugh: :friends:

thanks again, guys!!!

HairlessCaveApe

Damn Sleepy Im sorry I didnt see this sooner. -I got the 25 watt c/f's like them ones you got and I got a ceileng fan light fixture kit, cost me like $20.00 or something. -I wirenutted it to a cord with a plug on it and pluged it in. -I riped the decrative cowling or whatever it was off with a set of dykes so it gives off better light. -Il go down and get a pic now.

Latest posts

Latest posts