What's new

Lemon N Lime Jones

Disso

I must admit, I was expecting thinner leaves for some reason.
Looking good dude.
They will likely thin out somewhat in flower, but those definitely are some fat ol' indica lookin leaves as of right now! The one I popped, overall it grew and smoked more or less like some pretty heavy indica. Surprised me a little too, given the parentage.

I suppose the Casey Jones used may have leaned more towards the ECSD side, although this is pure speculation. Its just hard to imagine OJD's SSSDH (which he has described as 80:20 SSH:SD), paired with a trainwreck/thai heavy Casey, producing such chunky progeny. Perhaps yours will finish with a bit more sativa influence than my one did.. still early days.

Again, I only grew a single plant of the LnL Jones (only had 1 seed!), so really can't speak with any authority. Just sharing my (limited) experience. Take it for what it is.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
IMG_20240529_171931_HDR~2.jpg

2 huge plants whose stretch is out of control and a slightly shorter one. I'm going to have to cut these right back before flowering, I guess they lean to the oriental express side of the Casey and the haze side of the sssdh.
Internodal distancing is a nightmare and really quite thin stems. I would have repotted these before now, but I'm afraid of the following growth. I'll repot at onset of flowering, post cut back. Being someone else's seeds, I obviously don't know this line or how to get the best of it. I've done ojds ecsdxsssdh before, but these are very different. I'm going to have to get creative with these.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah me too 😁. I'm going to have to take clones from the top though rather than side shoots as I normally would. Try and open them up more than I was hoping to.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 19010150
2 huge plants whose stretch is out of control and a slightly shorter one. I'm going to have to cut these right back before flowering, I guess they lean to the oriental express side of the Casey and the haze side of the sssdh.
Internodal distancing is a nightmare and really quite thin stems. I would have repotted these before now, but I'm afraid of the following growth. I'll repot at onset of flowering, post cut back. Being someone else's seeds, I obviously don't know this line or how to get the best of it. I've done ojds ecsdxsssdh before, but these are very different. I'm going to have to get creative with these.
Casey Jones is very vigorous growing and stretches a few weeks into flowering, SSSDH is even more vigorous and more Sativa so a wild Sativa is expected when growing the Lemon N Lime Jones ?.

SSSDH if grown large before flowering i normally top a week or so before flowering.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Well I knew the risks, I'm just hoping to find something similar to the ecsdxsssdh that I lost. There's somewhere between 0% and 50% (average 25%) genetic diff between the two lines. So yeah I did know this could be the case, and I'm in no way slating the line, but I have to report honestly on what the plants are doing, not for my sake, but so people can plan ahead when they grow it. I know I would do it differently next time. At the end of the day though, once warned, these things can be managed, it's the taste and effect that matters. Something I can't comment on for around 80-90 days yet. So all I can really show right now, is their nature in veg, which is to grow grow grow. In fact if someone grows with netting, this strain would fill it out very quickly.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Lovely stuff mate 👍👍

Just in case it’s helpful, the smaller compost suppliers are still allowed to sell the peat based compost… I went to the compost centre Woking, they have a website (I believe there are other outlets) and got their evergreen compost which is peat based and only £6 for 60L … they deliver too.
They also sell 100L bags of straight peat for about £8 but you have to mix that with other compost.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oh I didn't know that. Peat is brilliant for water only or minimal nutes grows, but now I've paid through the nose for the bottles, and found a compost that works well with them, I'll probably stick with what I've got. I'm starting to think it's less about that perfect medium, and more about the selected clones compatibility with what it's grown in. One sibling may do better in one set up and another in another. So the chosen girls I have now, are probably better suited to this, than the girls I used to run in peat.
For instance, my chemmy Jones loved peat, but it wasn't great in the stuff I use now. My Hamlet clone that I still have, isn't performing that well in this stuff, but all the G13 crosses I run love it.
So I may let the Hamlet go too.
So I guess I'm not looking for "the best cut" from these seeds, but rather one that does the best in my set up, if that makes sense.

Latest posts

Latest posts