What's new

ideal time to look for seeds

a6grow

Hey guys, I was reading up on some outdoor growing info to understand when would be the best time to collect seeds...but alas I could not figure it out.

Basically here is my question:
I will be exploring a mountainous region with what is said to be a typically mild climate. The latitude of the region ranges from 24.5°N to 27.0°N. I believe the landraces will be predominantly Indica, maybe some Sativa. Since I need to plan a week or two vacation to the region, when would be the best time to go so that I can just pick seeds off landrace plants I come across in the wild? Does this plan sound logical? I want to get some fresh genetics from landraces in a region that I have been hearing about and been itching to explore. How do yall landrace experts suggest I go about doing this? I am planning to document/photograph my findings and will definitely be posting about all this on the IC when I end up taking this adventure!

burningfire

Veteran
late september, mid october to november..
from indica to sativa.. I'd try and be there for the 3rd week of october

M

michael68

yeah i would say mid october to november.

what country/where do you plan on going if you don't mind me asking?

GoneRooty

A6grow, respect for collecting landrace seeds!! Something that needs to be done way more IMO. Very interested in what area you are going to.

luzione

Hi Im also collecting landraces :)
Now I have found some super fast landrace
Super fast? yes because is already cuted

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Hey guys, I was reading up on some outdoor growing info to understand when would be the best time to collect seeds...but alas I could not figure it out.

Basically here is my question:
I will be exploring a mountainous region with what is said to be a typically mild climate. The latitude of the region ranges from 24.5°N to 27.0°N. I believe the landraces will be predominantly Indica, maybe some Sativa. Since I need to plan a week or two vacation to the region, when would be the best time to go so that I can just pick seeds off landrace plants I come across in the wild? Does this plan sound logical? I want to get some fresh genetics from landraces in a region that I have been hearing about and been itching to explore. How do yall landrace experts suggest I go about doing this? I am planning to document/photograph my findings and will definitely be posting about all this on the IC when I end up taking this adventure!

That's a bit south for indica.. India will be more on the sativa side of things, so will northern Africa. Pakistan is where you might find real indicas on that latitude.