What's new

Golden Tiger, First attempt

LunaAndCharlie

20240425_101620.jpg

Sparkus_Maximus

With the small size you managed to keep her to you might have been able to continue with the natural light through covering to shorten the day maybe or placing her in a closet??
Looks like she was coming on good, a shame you had to pull pin 👌
I ruined my grow but it was still a very good smoke, I can only imagine it's potential :)
Yes, In the future I will plan better now that I know what to expect. Considering she ran the rest of the time inside in a small space under a LED flood-lamp she still produced some nice trichomes along with a fairly compact bud structure, and a uniquely spicy-peppery smell. Now she's going to get a Long Cure and will be getting a sampling session sometime this summer for sure :cool:

Sparkus_Maximus

Wow so glad to see other GT growers. New here but I have been trying to find information on this strain forever! We got 2 seeds from ACE, planting it not knowing what to expect. It outgrew my tent by a foot easily (24×24×48). I planted it in the middle of December and just harvested last week. The smells it has are very strange. It's the oddest strain I have ever grown. The smell is like peanut butter but has a funky undertone. The high is absolutely crippling. Very very powerful. I have always thought sativas were meant for getting stuff done.... lol the only thing that was done was me! This grow was a marathon. It seemed like it was growing FOREVER. I highly doubt I will be growing this one again. I was able to harvest 87 grams off my plant. The buds are very airy with absolutely no density. The flowers aren't really even bud looking if that makes sense. The buds are basically just calyxs' with no real flower formation. If the flower were desner I think the yield would have been in the LB range not OZ.
Good review, thanks! What type of light did you use for her indoors? Mine was under an old-fashioned 200w 6500K LED security flood-light and the main colas ended up a little more compact than I expected. Still quite a bit of fluffiness to them, but that doesn't concern me as she's for personal anyways. However, I'm hoping my phenotype which (looks different than yours) will be a bit more ''functional'' so I can get stuff done - while being done at the same time 😁. I have often heard G.T.'s effects Last a good long while, what was the duration of the effects on yours?

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow so glad to see other GT growers. New here but I have been trying to find information on this strain forever! We got 2 seeds from ACE, planting it not knowing what to expect. It outgrew my tent by a foot easily (24×24×48). I planted it in the middle of December and just harvested last week. The smells it has are very strange. It's the oddest strain I have ever grown. The smell is like peanut butter but has a funky undertone. The high is absolutely crippling. Very very powerful. I have always thought sativas were meant for getting stuff done.... lol the only thing that was done was me! This grow was a marathon. It seemed like it was growing FOREVER. I highly doubt I will be growing this one again. I was able to harvest 87 grams off my plant. The buds are very airy with absolutely no density. The flowers aren't really even bud looking if that makes sense. The buds are basically just calyxs' with no real flower formation. If the flower were desner I think the yield would have been in the LB range not OZ.

Welcome to ICMAg @LunaAndCharlie :) and thanks for sharing your adventure with GT!
Glad it turned out very strong hehehe maybe she overgrown the place and couldn't be flowered up to her best potential.

kordo

Here is my GT recently switched to a 10/14 cycle and placed under a 200w 6500K LED flood-lamp. By the end of the month, she will be around 16- weeks in, and (hopefully)... almost done. The bigger colas have developed nice trichomes and the pistils have mostly withered brown, so I am hoping she is finally getting close. The main colas look ''nearly'' there, while the others still have quite a few fresh pistils. Wish I could get a nice pic of the resin, but no such luck, nevertheless she is getting- sticky and the pistils / trichs are starting to let me know she doesn't have much longer to go. Been flushing her for around 2- weeks now, will update again by month's end and see how things are looking then.
looks like

LunaAndCharlie

Welcome to ICMAg @LunaAndCharlie :) and thanks for sharing your adventure with GT!
Glad it turned out very strong hehehe maybe she overgrown the place and couldn't be flowered up to her best potential.
thank you! happy to be here, and i think you're correct i let her veg too long. she was in a tent with other smaller plants which didnt grow as vigorous as the gt. i have another seed which ill try again and let her grow alone this time.