What's new

FLUOREX LIGHTS

Has anyone used these lights? If so, I'd like some feedback on them. A friend of mine has some she was gonna give to me, but I don't know that much about them. I've heard that they were good, but then I've heard that they blowout and I'm not sure about using them or not. Here are the specs:

Watts Used 65
Incandescent Wattage Equivalent 500
Size (H x D) 4.25 x 3.5
Color White
Lumens 4550
Efficiency 87%
Life 10,000
CRI 82
Color Temp 6,500
Op. Voltage 120V
Op. Freq (Hz) 50/60
3-Way NO
Dimmable NO
Outdoor Use (damp) YES
UL YES
CSA YES
Energy Star YES
Replacement Lamp 9166B

CAUTION:
This product may cause interference with radios, TV's, telephones, or remote controls. If interference occurs, move this product away from device or plug into another outlet. This device is not intended for use with emergency exit lights. Not for use with dimmer circuits or recessed fixtures. Not recommended for use with timers, photocells and motion control devices. Minimum starting temperature is -28 degrees F.

badmf

I tried to use them but they produced more heat then I liked for clones and vegging cuttings. The footprint was too small for multiple trays too.I went with the 48" flurs which have a more even lite spread. With 4 footers you should replace the tubes often too as they lose lumens rather quickly.The Fluorex do have good intense lite for Mothers or a way could be designed to use them for clones with a small fan. Hope this gives you some ideas.

Thanks Badmf... I would be using one fluorex with on 10 gallon tub so I'd have one light for each tub... I heard if I took the plastic cover off it reduced some of the heat output...
:smile:

G

buddy bought two off ebay, they wont bud a plant for spit, and in veg they work fine, just need ventilation/fan. dont put um on a plant like ya would a fluro, you will fry um.

CBF

I have 1 now.

I have 1 now.

I have a Flood Light w/ flourex technology or something 2 that effect on the box....I used the like do boost my seeding a little so i wouldnt half bake them under my 400w MH. But the Growth took of so greaT I left them under that for a month or so b4 i had 2 scrap the grow...but honestly it was 1 of the best starts i've ever had. Also I had my linked a remote 2 its outlet b/c it was set up in a corner in my bedroom (aprox. 10'x8') w/ no remote or heat issue. I dropped it once (bout a 2.5ft) and now only 1/2 of the bulb seems 2 light up, so be careful they're cheap.

P.S. If you dont take tell your gal pal i would glady except them...oh yeah make sure u add a ground wire if necessary of you should have a flickering light.

G

I have one for starting seedlings and it works great, but for the price it isnt worth it. I use 4' fluros for my seedlings and they do fine, but some people dont have room for a 4' fixture so they can be useful, but dont put them to close or they will fry your plants.

They run hotter than hell. It is a must that you take the plastic cover off. The blue light spectrum is good and there size is good too but don't forget about the heat...if you got the cash and want a good cfl setup go for the envirolite or one of the other 125 watt knock-offs a hell of a lot cooler.

I agree about the 4ft-ers they are good but if you don't have the space they are a bit clunky. I have them on the sides of my grow like a homemade phototron setup for side lighting.

Last edited:

Roscoe

I use two for veg sometimes. But the bulbs burn out (or go dim) rather quickly. They cost about $15 at Casa DePot. And as mentioned, they are hot. I had to cut a hole in the fixture and mount fans to blow out the heat. The color temp is great (6500k), so its good for veg.

racketeer

Great for veg, i use them.

Costco has sales on them once in a while so watch for them. I bought 10 of them for 9.99 each, cheaper than the replacement bulbs! LOL

For clones I only use a 26w cfl - that's it.

Thanks for all the helpful posts... I'm still figuring out which way to go, but I'll make my final decision by the end of the week!!!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I love this site man. I'm going with my 42W CFL's and I'm going to be upgrading to some HPS and MH within the next 10 days!!!
Just trying to figure out exactly what I need to not waste money in the space I'm using!!!

G

I am going to use 2- 75 w flourex bought at wally world. for $4.95 ea i believe. Then i bought a double flood light fixture. $5.00 or so. some reflective 2' insulation, with 3 small clip on fans. in a 35 gallon sized rubber bin. It's the tallest one i could find. Used coke cans as reflective hoods for the bulbs.. this is my veg box as of now..i also drilled holes at the bottom
for intake. across the other side drilled hole at top for exhaust out. sorry i dont have pics. but as most of you know ima broke as& mofo.. and dont have a digi cam. o btw im high on some actual pretty good shwag pretty limey taste & smells kinda like green apples only like over ripe though. good body high with some head to it. ok yea ill shaddup now... peace

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts