What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best critical and rhino seeds nowdays plz? Mr nice seeds version still good or not?

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

Just wanted peoples opinions and experiences with best regular seeds of critical and rhino nowdays as I was gonna order the originals from Mr nice seeds but then got reminded that there hazes arnt really hazing anymore with that intense spicy incensy stink n flavour anymore and 10 years ago I grew a whole 20 pack of Mr nice super silver haze myself and not one of them had any haze quality's to them.. so now I'm wondering if there critical skunk may av gone downhill now too same as there original rhino/ medicine man .. anyone had any experience lately with recently bought seeds of these 2 strains or nah? Thanks for any info that may be posted and keep it green guys! love to all! 👌💯💚🙏

kro-magnon

Veteran
Personally I've not seen anything good coming from MrNice in a very long time, decades I'd say. You'd better try something a bit newer because you won't be able to find a good representation of those old strains anywhere.

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

Personally I've not seen anything good coming from MrNice in a very long time, decades I'd say. You'd better try something a bit newer because you won't be able to find a good representation of those old strains anywhere.
Ah man.... iv got new school stuff man but I wanted them banging originals also from back in the day.. I miss em.. it was nice to have totally different greens back In the day instead of just sour d og and cookies crosses.. I mean there nice, but same as everything nowdays in the weed world, its like food, u eat the same food for too long u get bored of it.. that's why wanted some other originals again man without og or sour d or cookies in like blue cheese, critical or rhino, la confidential, afghan, shiva shanti, s5 haze, bubblegum, cali orange bud or pure tangie, master kush or Hindu kush... all had totally unique characteristics n buzzes n flavours n totally different to eachother instead of everything havin to have sour d, og or cookies gas n fuel to em nowdays.. its just nice to completely switch up the palate n effects every day or 2 u know?... 🙈🤷🏻‍♂️👌💯💚🙏

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

like blue cheese, critical or rhino, la confidential, afghan, shiva shanti, s5 haze, bubblegum, cali orange bud or pure tangie, master kush or Hindu kush... all had totally unique characteristics n buzzes n flavours n totally different to eachother instead of everything havin to have sour d, og or cookies gas n fuel to em nowdays.. its just nice to completely switch up the palate n effects every day or 2 u know?... 🙈🤷🏻‍♂️👌💯💚🙏

Also the yields of them oldschool bangers there in the post above compared to the yields of the new school stuff today that's all got og n cookies n sour d in.. they was massive compared to all the newschool stuff n alot more vigorous growing.. massive stacked nuggets bigger than you arm.. indoors.. n nowdays biggest u get is little og n gelato n cookies golf balls dotted up a stem.. see what I mean lol and yea the old stuff might not av been hitting 30%s thc like today's stuff but it was still hitting low to mid 20%s thc levels n had alot more cbn cbd n cbg naturally in em so it all was alot stronger feeling and alot more medical anyways..

what would u rather a plant that's gonna produce 3 or 4 zs of 30thc new school like some zkittles cross or runts Cross that don't don't even get u to sleep or help with yr stiff neck n shoulders n back n knee from bein inflamed from arthritis n click stiff knee n ankle from motorbike crashes like myself.. or wud u rather a oldschool that's yielding like 8 to 10 z in same veg time n environment that actually helps with the medi problems and still is hitting low to mid 20%thc but with alot more other medical cannabinoids that make it work better for reasons stated above.. and alot of the expensive new stuff nowdays classed as "flavours" n "exotics" don't actually work for all that.. might as well just vape that flavoured nicotine vape juice if all u want is flavours.. I want the flavours and the medical benefits from proper weed myself..

I will admit tho that u do get the odd bit of newschool stuff that does do the job for medical things like insomnia n anti inflammation of arthritis etc n I'm already smoking n growing them now lol like the exodus valley and the dohreoz bred by trucannabliss.. just a shame the lil tester first pheno of dohreoz so far ain't got the same yields as the oldschool.. il make em yield somehow tho when she this bangin.. n hoping to find a more vigorous pheno as this is the first but very impressive medical effects like sleep n anti inflammation n lovely hashy sweet creamy fuel terps. . the exodus valley is gonna yield nicely tho with a veg I can tell from the size of the testers.. and whys that.. coz it's got them oldschool cheese genetics in there mixed with the newschool chem valley cookies.. see what I mean.. peeps need to start crossing there new school to some of them original bangin oldschools again like truecannabliss has.. n like ojd has.. 😁👌💯💚🙏

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
You still a lot of options out of Sour D, OG or Cookie, you could try something from Crockett Farms they have many interesting stuff. I've been tempted to try the new release of Jillybean by MizzJill, I had some great plants in my first pack of this cross so I'im curious to see if there is still some magic in those beans. There is ACE seeds also who has some very interesting crosses who are very different than the typical indica/sativa crosses, the options are endless if you want original crosses today.

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

You still a lot of options out of Sour D, OG or Cookie, you could try something from Crockett Farms they have many interesting stuff. I've been tempted to try the new release of Jillybean by MizzJill, I had some great plants in my first pack of this cross so I'im curious to see if there is still some magic in those beans. There is ACE seeds also who has some very interesting crosses who are very different than the typical indica/sativa crosses, the options are endless if you want original crosses today.
The options may be endless but I'm a very fussy smoker and only like certain terp profiles n effects.. I hate lemon terps or sharp sour terps, I need sweet n cream or hashy or just super sweet or spicy or fuely or all those mixed, but without og lemon aftertaste or without sour d sour fuel aftertaste.. there's only a few strains nowdays that I actually like.. i hate most weed nowdays coz most av got the sour or lemony flavour in there or a sweet n bitter cherry terp everyone seems to be goin for nowdays too which I also hate.. anythin bitter or sharp or sour tasting aftertaste just reminds me of afterpuke or acid reflux taste.. also I have extreme adhd n extreme insomnia and also very bad neck n back n shoulders from arthritis n motorbike injurys in knee n ankle that makes them stiff and click without indicas, so I need specificly indica doms n pure indicas only for the body anti inflammation benefits that indicas do such a good job with.. also need indicas for my extreme insomnia or even one joint of sativary weed or hi limonene weed(limonene has stimulating effects n I need sedating, explains why I don't like sour or lemony weed) n il be up all night or even days sometimes.. so yea.. I have to be very picky with the right terps and effects of the right bud for me nowdays.. I don't just smoke any old stuff.. n when there ain't what bud I need, then I have to smoke top grade morrocan hash coz it does have the terps n medical relief I need from weed.. 👌💯💚🙏

Last edited:

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

Bro if crocket still had tangie instock at attitude seedbank or anywhere I'd buy that as its super sweet no sharp terps at all the ones I did before.. but crocket farms again alot of there stuff available nowdays is sour this n sour that.. I can't do sour.. its a no no for me..

kro-magnon

Veteran
In their last release they had mainly some crosses with the Strawnana Juice, I don't think there is any Sour in this but I don't know what their Juice is made of.
On the Tide they still have some seeds of Crockett Confidential, I don't know what's their secret plant but it's half LA Confidential.
You can check Bodhi seeds and his 88G13HP crosses, he has some very interesting heavy indicas like Heavenly Hashplant, a cross of Bubba Kush x 88G13HP, one I"d like to try is his Blueberry Hashplant, a cross of Blue Dream and 88G13HP. Any cross with this male will deliver some old school vibe and depending on the mother some more or less pure indicas

Last edited:

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

The jilly bean is one iv been wanting to try for years my friend! Will defo follow along for that one n see how u get on with em! Meant to be super sweet terps right?💯💚🙏

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

In their last release they had mainly some crosses with the Strawnana Juice, I don't think there is any Sour in this but I don't know what their Juice is made of.
On the Tide they still have some seeds of Crockett Confidential, I don't know what's their secret plant but it's half LA Confidential.
Defo Have to check there crocket confidential out man.. also iv tried pure strawb nana before n I can't say I liked it man it was sweet n slightly creamy but again a bit of a sharp sour berry flavour to it also the bit I tried.. obs the strawb part of the cross..

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

You can check Bodhi seeds and his 88G13HP crosses, he has some very interesting heavy indicas like Heavenly Hashplant, a cross of Bubba Kush x 88G13HP, one I"d like to try is his Blueberry Hashplant, a cross of Blue Dream and 88G13HP. Any cross with this male will deliver some old school vibe and depending on the mother some more or less pure indicas
Also what site is the tide?? Il have to look that seedbank site up man never even knew about it before.. take it they get some good beans in then yea?

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

Anyways back on topic tho is there anyone out there that can recommend the best critical seeds at current date plz or rhino seeds plz? Still on the hunt for them like this thread was made for haha

What about sensi seeds original big bud? Critical was meant to just be a reworked big bud apparently? Is that worth more of a shot than Mr nice critical???

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

Can anyone plz tell me when and why Mr nice seeds haze started to not really have much haze incense spice anymore? Was it when nevele died bless that legend of the hazes soul?

And is shantibaba still part owner and breeder at Mr nice seeds? If so, surely he will have all the other strains on point still like the critical skunk n medicine man etc bein the original creator of those strains n such a knowledgeable top breeder that bred some of the best n original strains that there ever was???

Im Just tryna work out if it's a good idea to go with them for the original rhino/medicine man and critical skunk that I remember n used to love?? 🤷🏻‍♂️💯💚🙏

goingrey

Im actually only looking for regs if I can help it mate.. no fems for me.. don't wana risk no hermys from to strong feeds or power cuts.. n all I see on attitude is fems of these..
I don't think anyone except MNS does a reg Crit.

Nirvana did do a limited release a couple ago for their 25th anniversary of some regs including Critical Mass and some shops might still have stock but I wouldn't be surprised if those were actually also made by Shanti/MNS.

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

Nirvana did do a limited release a couple ago for their 25th anniversary of some regs including Critical Mass and some shops might still have stock but I wouldn't be surprised if those were actually also made by Shanti/MNS.
Ain't the rest of the stuff still good by shanti tho? Surely he was the one that made all the other stuff n I'm starting to wonder if maybe the hazes went down hill after nevele died bless him n shanti maybe didn't av the knowledge or passion for haze like nevele did maybe? But haze aside, no one has ever had a bad word to say about Mr nice seeds other stuff have they? I think it's worth a go to just try the med man and critical skunk by shanti as I'm thinkin that side of the strains was he's expertise anyways? N nevele was in charge of the haze projects before he passed on maybe 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

Also I think I'm actually after the critical skunk not the critical mass mate, as I thought along with all our other grow heads around my way years ago that we was all growing critical mass but everyone used to just call it critical, so when the cut was gone n no one had it anymore I got a pack seeds of Mr nice critical mass and they was similar but alot more bubblegum n deep rotten fruit sorta terps n less skunky as the cut I remember then I went on there website and see that the cut we all used to grow looks alot more like there critical skunk pics and It looked identical to the cut we used to all grow.. remember it bein sweet n fruity like bubblegum but alot more skunky n it defo was more skunky than the mass that I got beans of years ago.. so yea I'm like 99% sure it's the critical SKUNK that I'm after mate.. not the MASS 👌💯💚🙏

goingrey

Ain't the rest of the stuff still good by shanti tho? Surely he was the one that made all the other stuff n I'm starting to wonder if maybe the hazes went down hill after nevele died bless him n shanti maybe didn't av the knowledge or passion for haze like nevele did maybe? But haze aside, no one has ever had a bad word to say about Mr nice seeds other stuff have they? I think it's worth a go to just try the med man and critical skunk by shanti as I'm thinkin that side of the strains was he's expertise anyways? N nevele was in charge of the haze projects maybe 🤷🏻‍♂️
Nevil was not involved with MNS apart from selling Shanti some stock when MNS was established, as we found out when he joined the MNS forums that he was later banned from. But in general I try to avoid the "not what it used to be" debates because usually it's a bunch of parrots repeating what someone else has said and even that someone else often hasn't grown what they are speaking on, especially not in the past and now, or if they have in small numbers and changing environments.

MNS Critical Mass sells for about 70e for 15 seeds. I think that's a fair enough price and worth a try.

Also I think I'm actually after the critical skunk not the critical mass mate, as I thought along with all our other grow heads around my way years ago that we was all growing critical mass but everyone used to just call it critical, so when the cut was gone n no one had it anymore I got a pack seeds of Mr nice critical mass and they was similar but alot more bubblegum n deep rotten fruit sorta terps n less skunky as the cut I remember then I went on there website and see that the cut we all used to grow looks alot more like there critical skunk pics and It looked identical to the cut we used to all grow.. remember it bein sweet n fruity like bubblegum but alot more skunky n it defo was more skunky than the mass that I got beans of years ago.. so yea I'm like 99% sure it's the critical SKUNK that I'm after mate.. not the MASS 👌💯💚🙏

Critical Skunk is an even better deal about 60e for 15 seeds.

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

Nevil was not involved with MNS apart from selling Shanti some stock when MNS was established, as we found out when he joined the MNS forums that he was later banned from. But in general I try to avoid the "not what it used to be" debates because usually it's a bunch of parrots repeating what someone else has said and even that someone else often hasn't grown what they are speaking on, especially not in the past and now, or if they have in small numbers and changing environments.

MNS Critical Mass sells for about 70e for 15 seeds. I think that's a fair enough price and worth a try.

Critical Skunk is an even better deal about 60e for 15 seeds.
Yep exactly mate was just what I was thinking.. the yields where always absolutely incredible on the critical cut we all used to get and pretty nice banging bud was like a really skunky bubblegum basically n massive donkeydik main buds.. even see 1st time growers absolutely smash it with bangin crops in hydro shop bagged bat mix soil n still was so forgiving n didn't give a fuck what u did to it.. still dank donkydiks every time.. so 60 or 70 quid for a tester pack is well worth it I'd say.. same as the medicine man.. and ah ok I always thought nevele and shanti left ghs and went to mns? 🤷🏻‍♂️💯💚🙏

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts