What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

black boxing info needed

D

dankbudz

this spring im going to build a completeley blacked out green house. that way i can have a harvest in june, july, august, september and october. if any one has any help tips/building instructions it would help alot.

peace
-DB

boroboro

Love the idea...

Are you planning on it being manual or automatic? Or plants on wheeled carts? I've seen a few grows here and elsewhere with plants wheeled out every day, and back inside every night. This could be done in a two-part greenhouse also (one end of the greenhouse blacked out with white-side-out-black-side-in plastic sheeting.)

I've also seen an automatically opening grow greenhouse, intended for just your purpose. I think it was european, and definitely expensive. The roof folded back every day, and closed up again 12 hours later. Don't think I've every seen a grow posted using one, though...

I like the 'hide in plain sight' idea of building the grow inside a standard greenhouse. Up here where there is a real winter and a short growing season many greenhouses are used primarily in the springtime to start summer flowers and miscellaneous 'plants you dont smoke'. It looks like they sit empty for a large part of the year. I wonder what one could do with all that space in the off season...

EDIT: Whoa, there's a whole 'Growing in Greenhouses' forum? Cool! Never been in here before...

Lot's of great ideas in here! http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=48772

there are commercial blackout systems availble for chrysamthemum growers.
in 1988 and 89 i blacked my 60 ft polytunnel crop from 1st july until 1st of sept.
i welded up a wheel system and staked rails into the ground .then used the black white mushroom tunnel cover to cover the frame and blacked out the crop by rolling the whole polytunnell over them 6pm until dark then rolling it back off.the plants where in pots and had been grown for 3 mnths in a normal poly tunnel .
definatley worth looking at chrysanthemum black out systems .

Last edited:
D

dankbudz

sorry forgot i posted this thread. i plan on building a completely blacked out 20x20x18 green house. ill wheel the plants out everyday for sun light.