What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Champagne Dry Sift Macro's

bubbleman

Veteran
Here is some of the champagne aka bc hashplant dry sift.
Extremly melty and also incredible quality for dry sift.
YOu dont see many people posting pictures of full melt dry sift, so i figured i would share a few varieties here.

enjoy

Peace
Bubble man

bubbleman

Veteran
in this last shot you can clearly see how the capitate stalk or stem of the trichome, is not glandular by nature. It does not melt at all, as you can see in the picture. almost looks like little maggots.

Peace
Bubble man

One Love

Woah! I'd say just about any of those pics above would qualify for POTW. Do you think they used a tumbler for extraction to make sift this fine? Looks like some good medicine.

Stashed

Do you think they used a tumbler for extraction to make sift this fine? Looks like some good medicine.

full melt dry sifted resin made with a tumbler? - that's highly unlikely

tumblers are single screen automated systems, these cylinder machines are designed with ease in mind not the finest quality

very clean dry sift requires 2, 3 or 4 flat screen frames with meshes suited to the strain, good quality starting material, the right technique and conditions..tumblers are good for the first stage of knocking off the resin from the plant, but this rough kif needs to be carded over a flat screen with a fine mesh to purify it.....carding the kif to and fro over the screen actively forces the debris through the mesh while the resin heads stay on top.

tumbling or by solely using vibration on a flat screen won't do this..carding or vaccuming (from underneath the mesh) will.

check out Bubbleman's last few posts for more photos and explanations!

Last edited:

One Love

Stashed: thanks for the explaination man. I'm just getting into making quality extracts this go round. Did some QWISO before and it was ok, but doesn't do justice to the real deal melty stuff I've seen before. I'm contemplating the tumbler vs. bubble-bags, (have been doing some reading) but have yet to decide. Sorry, did not mean to hijack this thread!
I think "Champagne" is a fitting name for the pictured extracts. 'A bit o' the bubbly?'

Stashed

and really clean dry sifted resin has a much better high than contaminated resin from the same plant...it hits harder, sometimes it also warms your ears and forehead!

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Bubbleman any idea what those black specs are in the sift. Every sift I've made and seen in my entire life has those black/brown specs in it.Like salk and pepper for lack of a better description. It's not green like plant matter. I often wonder if it's just glands that have degraded and turned darker. Then other times it just looks like contaminant. Any idea?

bubbleman

Veteran
Well in this particular hash the only specs i see are over ripe gland heads. They are actualy more of a dark red than black> However i have seen the specs you are talking about on live plants lately and at first thought it was dirt, and then quickly realized it was actualy mite shit. The stuff is usualy suspended in webbing, and is almost perfectly round, black specs. I will try and find some of the mites shots i've taken that contain them and see if you can confirm this is what your seeing.

Bubble man

tequila_sunrise

Cool pics, never seen anyone do a macro of dry sift! And I was browsin through pics before reading and saw the "maggots" WOW! I almost jumped out of my chair lol

Nugz

Wow! how are these picures taken? Really nice close-up macro shots! What kind of equipment do you use?

Contrats!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Great Bubbleman,
It clearly shows what I have said for years, you only want the resin heads, nothing else. I think you have known this for years also. But this shows in a way words just can not do. Now you need photos of WW and other varieties that are frosty as hell, but when you look with a microscope they are mostly non glandular trichomes, which are not what you want. WW can still have a lot of THC but if all the resin was glandular trichomes, the THC would be 40%. As Clarke pointed out in his book Hashish, there are three types of glandular trichomes found on Cannabis, and they are what you want. I personally like the biggest resin heads I can find, assuming they are on a variety that has a lot of them and the resin has the THC% and terpenoids I love.
How was the hash made? What equipment used for the close up? Did you take them?
Amazing photos.......
All the best,
-SamS

C

Chamba

..."However i have seen the specs you are talking about on live plants lately and at first thought it was dirt, and then quickly realized it was actualy mite shit. The stuff is usualy suspended in webbing, and is almost perfectly round, black specs. I will try and find some of the mites shots i've taken that contain them and see if you can confirm this is what your seeing...."

Chiefsmokingbud read that and suddenly felt nauseous and lost his dinner..lol

another thing that you might see in dry sift with a magnifying glass is synthetic or natural fibers from clothing or carpet....so it's important not to grow or dry your plants on the same balcony or room where you hang dry your clothes or sweep with a broom....also, keep pets away from your plants when growing and drying or pet hairs will attach to the sticky buds and as short haired dog hairs are thin they will work themselves in with the dry sifted resin....make your grow and drying room a pet free zone.

in this area we have saw grass that sprews out thousands of seeds that float in the wind fo rhundreds of metres and readily attach to sticky buds....with some strains that are in full flower at the same time as the seeds are floating, usually in early Winter, it's a real problem when growing outdoors around here..not much you can do about other than grow plants that mature either before or after the seeds fly....or try to behead all the saw grass "heads" in the immediate area

I find that any plants that have mites are best manicured very close to the bud and the trim trashed as mites tend to concentrate on the leaves, not the bud, ..and it's just not the mites themselves or their shit that you have to worry about inhaling, these insects shed their outer shell several times during their various stages of growth that remain in the plant, their eggs and the webs are everywhere too.....

when the infestation is heavy, even the buds are infested with them, then the best thing to do is give them a close trim, soak the buds in water, then gently swish them several times in fresh water each time (slow arc flick the excess water then hang to dry) and check again with a mag glass

....bud with lots of clothing fiber on it is almost unsmokable so is best dry sifted then checked again with a magnifying glass....re-sifting will help separate the resin from the fibers as the resin drops through at a greater rate initially than the fibres

I live in mite central and I've found the best way to combat these bastards is simple : anicipate they will attack your plants during the hot months so prevent them from establishing themselves in the first place by using a miticide mixed to the recommended dose on every plant and the top and bottom of every leaf with a mister in your indoor or outdoor garden in late veg whether you see a mite or not, spray the floor, the pots and the top of the soil a well...one application is sufficient and you won't see mites for 6 months....miticides are nasty stuff, but the one I use is recommended with edible furit and veggies so long as you do not spray them several week prior to picking.....i think that's a bit close (since it's basically DTT and that may cause birth defects in strong doses!), but with preventative spraying as I do, the 3+ months between spraying and harvest makes me feel ok with it...i only spray plants in Spring or early Summer as mites aren't a major problem in the cooler months (on my little balcony)

btw BM I'd love to see macro photos of dry sift that is several years old if you have it....I once saw a B&W photo online somewhere (that wasn't a very high quality photo) of glandualr head trichomes and they were are all shrivelled up and wrinkly

Last edited:

dkmonk

I was also wondering about your photography equipment. Do you just have a bad ass camera, or do you set up lights and things or is this a picture taken under like a stereo microscope (i think these are the cool 3d ones).
Well whatever your procedure was, these are some of the best photos ive ever seen the krush ones were also amazing.