What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sour bubble twins

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
hello everyone at IC,
First off thanks to tha grindhouse for making such great beans available.
I received 2 packs of sour bubble bx1-1IX and 1 pack of blue sonja, first to go was a pack of sour bubble poped 11 seeds of which 10 germed planted in coco of which 9 came up lovly jubly..

One seed was a twin

please check my gallery pic not working

here is the twin 21days

please check my gallery pic not working

i have a question :i know inbreeding is acceptable and a regular technique in breeding but what would happen if they were bred to each other considering that one is male and one is female when sexed , and also that the runt is not breeding quality??

little bit of back ground info:
spouted with two tap roots.
the healthier plant grew through the runts seed leaf and had to be seperated
by tearing the leaf.
thanks mr biggs

whut up mrbiggs, off to a good start... i too had one of these sour bubble twins pop out one seed, but mine seperated by it self before i took it out the moist paper towel, planted the one in the seed and carefully planted the other that had white leaves already and put it outside to see if it still good.. guess i find out in a few days. good luck grow.. Rounders

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
hey rounder, howz things.. just checked out your grow looking sweet.
not to rare getting twins then, i wonder if you cross a twin with twin (sour bub twin X snowdog twin) will the offsping contain higher numers of twins ?? never a bad thing .
Thanks for the reply rounders, might be tapping you up for some info on the sour bubs in the future.
stay safe.

Z

zoolander

Cool Mrbiggs , Also lookin good in veg so far . Be back soon to see how they come along :wave:

G

guest3854

Can't say I've done any testing with twins , however there is another member (GMT) here that has done some breeding with triploids with some success . We recently germed some DMT beans with 2 sets of twins ; I recommend separating at "birth" , so as not to damage tha young uns .

Keep us posted ,
Steele

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
Thanks for the reply steele, i separated them yesterday the runt is a little fragile but she (wishful thinging) will pull through, i would have separated at birth but they were connected, the stronger plant grew through the runts seed leaf had to let them grow for a bit and then tear the leaf.Thanks for the genetics.

Thanks zoo, your grows always look great mate, i will post some updates on the weekend.

stay safe.

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
Update:Should have kept this updated considering how much im loving these plants, but thats stoners for ya. :rasta:

Grown in 7.5l/2 gal rose pots of coco/perlite 70/40% with Heads modified lucas formula teaked for euro bottle use.

Flowering under 250w cmh (6 plant wardrobe selection run)

Found 2 ladies so far and the rest are vegging away.So thats 10/10 germ 9/10 came up but had a set of twins so thats back up to 10 :jump:

sb1: female 15/09/2008

sb2: unsexed(pre flowers showing female)

sb3: male 10/10/2008

sb4: unsexed(pre flowers showing female)

sb5(a)twin: male 15/09/2008

sb5(b)twin: vegging

sb6: female 10/10/2008

sb7: male 21/09/2008

sb8:unsexed(pre flowers showing female)

sb9:unsexed(pre flowers showing female)

sb1 day 50 12/12 (14 days to show first hairs.)

sb6 day 30 (15 days to show)

sb6 day 15

sorry about some of the shity pics, need to get a better cam.

stay safe

Last edited:
G

guest3854

Biggs , they don't look like they're gonna yield much this round , but damn , them girls are frosty . Almost lookin' like you could end up with some pink hash from 'em ! They look very similar to tha parents of 'em ...

Check these fer comparison ......

But especially this girl ..... Check out tha cone action and how tha calyx' is just exploding .

Nice job Biggs , lookin' ahead to yer opinion on 'em ....
Be well ,
Steele

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
Steele,not much yield this time,as shes only under a 250 cmh with 5 other plants crammed in to a 2.5'x1.5' wardrobe,pure selection run, but shes made the next round .The other pheno sb6(bubba)looks,smells nice but not a keeper.
So far i am happy as larry with these genes, still got 5 confirmed fems in veg, with one plant that i am very intrigued about,twisty leaves from the start, slow vegger, just never looks very happy but i know(hope) shes special.what do you think steele.?she is going 12/12 tomorrow
sb4

cheers steele..

stay safe

G

guest3854

Yeep , she does look twisty . You may just have tha DMT on yer hands , only time will tell , growing 'em out .... I look forward to seeing what she brings !

Steele

B

bagseed77

hey mr big, do you cut the bottoms of your pots or what please,then sit them in bigger containers to save on shock or what, and nice plants, im hoping to see some pics of the sonyas.

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
bagseed77,
I bought 20 of them smaller pots, when they arrived 4or5 were broken at the bottom, so i had a few spare collers(4" collers resting on the soil), otherwise i proberly would have just potted her up normally.

Also she is a less strechy girl so made use of the extra height and as you can see from this pic that most of the root growth starts from that point.

got a little pot bound

ps.sonyas have not been pooped yet hopfully soon tho.

Your proberly right about the less stress,never ocured to me,thanks for stopping in..

stay safe

Last edited:

eskimo

Veteran
soo how does soor B smell ?? dosse it realy smell and teast like sour blubble ??

thanks

wishes towards

:wave:

btw these girls look wonderfull

B

bagseed77

nice biggs, that rootball looks round from a square pot,lol, i have seen other grows where they set a pot in a pot like that, even burying pots outdoors i hear works where the roots grow out the drain holes,im just trying to learn as much as i can. keep up the green thumb.