What's new

Just one more reason to use a 'Safe Address'.

Wingo Man Busted On Marijuana Charges

WINGO, KY - A Graves County man was arrested Tuesday after authorities found more than 46 marijuana plants growing on his property. Graves County Chief Deputy Sheriff DeWayne Redmond says 56-year old Samuel McCoy of Ray Road in Wingo is charged with cultivating marijuana over 5 plants, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. McCoy was charged after the U.S. Postal Service informed police that marijuana seeds were being shipped to his home. Drug detectives went to McCoy’s home where they found 46 marijuana plants growing on his property. They found a large amount of processed marijuana inside the home along with more than $100,000 cash. McCoy was lodged in the Graves County Jail. Redmon said the investigation is continuing and more arrests are possible.

melvin2

People say this doesn't happen. There's always gonna be a first time and never underestimate people with slow jobs in small towns. Finding marijuana seeds in a package might be the most excitement a postal worker has all year.

G

WOW!

THey shure fucked him well.......
Yah i though this would be comming down soon.
Seems the last days of BUSH are the worst ever?

BUSH just passed a LAW that keeps your internet provider
from being seud in any court cases......REAL NICE?

whodi

Veteran
Isn't it a federal offense for them to open your mail? How did they know they were 'marijuana seeds'

whodi

Veteran
so... even the DEA doesnt snitch if they find seeds.. still dont understand how that is enoguh for a search warrant.. unless they did a knock and talk and he let the cops in.

Well, it says they found plants 'on his property' so maybe it was an outdoor grow

But legally, how would this go down if they did notice mj seeds were going to his house?

Last edited:

boroboro

I've seen two stories out of Illinois in the past year similar to this. In those cases, though, it was U.S. Customs checking mail coming into the U.S., who then handed the info off to Illinois State Police.

Where this guy went wrong?
1. Sending seeds to the grow address
2. Growing outdoors on his property?
3. Growing at his main home address. $100k in cash? I think you can afford to rent/buy another place...
4. Cash, cannabis, and plants all at home?

Ajunta Pall

The guy lives in KY. ain't surprised, being that the Chicago Homeland Security fuckers are on to seeds in the mail. You might get away w/it elsewhere in the nation,but the midwest seems to be under heavy scrutiny.

Lougrew! said:
WOW!

THey shure fucked him well.......
Yah i though this would be comming down soon.
Seems the last days of BUSH are the worst ever?

BUSH just passed a LAW that keeps your internet provider
from being seud in any court cases......REAL NICE?

Umm- the president didnt' pass any laws.

let's not forget that a lot of bad shit happened under Klinton.
Did klinton even try to address decrim or relegalization?? NO!

hamstring

Veteran
I realize this is the guy’s back yard but I see more pressure on us outdoor MJ growers.

I have been reading this forum for 3 yrs and on OG for 2 more. It seems like we are seeing smaller outdoor bust than I have ever seen. Usually I hear of them ripping them out but taking the time stake out an outdoor crop takes some serious work if you are deep in the bush.
Maybe the press is just covering these better. 56 plants is nothing if you’re throwing out seedlings. 1/2 half are male so we could be looking at 23 females which seems small in the bigger picture.

PEACE

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
BoroBoro: are you sure it wasn't Indiana you were talking about? I don't recall any stories that the IL State Police were going after seed addresses. But there were 2 busts in Indiana earlier this year by Indiana State Police investigation seed addresses.

I doubt the police had a search warrant. They went, I bet the guy had outdoor plants (they probably went onto his property without permission and started snooping around, so maybe that will get suppressed) they smelled/found them, they confronted him, and the jig was up.
Even if they were indoor, they'll make something up like: I can smell them, I can get a warrant based on you blacking out your windows (that's what they told the Indiana lady), I know your power use, etc, so they might have pressured him to let them in.
Poor bastard, they didn't even let him put his shirt on... :rasta:

boroboro

Bababooey -- Indiana it was, you are correct.

I saw a TV news report recently, in another midwest U.S. state. The local sheriff was proud of his efforts at busting an outdoor grow on public land that was about 20 plants in a ten foot square. It appeared that they had a stake-out waiting for the guy to come to the plot. A stake-out? For a few plants obviously for personal use? With my tax dollars?

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
you poor, poor midwest growers....
come out here to cali where our mail dosent get pounded on....
i here about IL mail busts and surounding states, its terrible over there.

maryjanesdad

im not going to throw any stones.

i for one would NOT choose to have seeds dlvd to a location where marijuana is being grown.

if i had 100,000 in cash, i would have used some of that money and rented a po box (private) and that would have been the end of it.

never mind, i have to throw one big stone....HOW THE FUCK DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS LITTLE OF COMMON SENSE TO HAVE SEEDS DLVD TO HIS HOME WHERE PLANTS, WEEDS, CASH, AND PROBABLY SCALES ARE??? :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: