What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to beat a drug test. (From the mouth of a toxicoligist)

So...eye drops actually work for THC! What a cool toxicoligist! :jump:

Drug-Test Cheats Try New Tricks
Experts Say Internet And Household Products Bring New Challenges To Drug Testing​

July 29, 2008

(WebMD) Vinegar. Lemon juice. Drain-cleaning products. At least one of these items is probably in your kitchen. And any of them can be used to beat a drug test.

For about 20 years, people have been using a long list of very ordinary household items to confuse prospective employers and drug labs hoping to catch them in the act of using or abusing illegal drugs.

Add to the list laundry detergent, baking soda, and ordinary salt.

"Does it work? Yes, it does," says Amitava Dasgupta, PhD, a professor of pathology and drug testing expert from the University of Texas-Houston Medical Center. "It's a cat and mouse game."

Employer drug testing became popular in the late 1980s after President Ronald Reagan instituted drug testing as a requirement for federal jobs. Lots of private companies followed suit, and today thousands run drug tests on people applying for jobs.

Many schools also conduct drug tests on students trying to join sports teams, or, more controversially, sometimes conduct tests on a random basis.

Many household items change urine's pH, or acidity, when they're added to it; most of the time that renders a sample useless for testing. But these are not the cheating methods that worry testers like Dasgupta.

That's because labs can easily tell when urine has been adulterated with household items. Usually they just disqualify the applicant without even bothering to test for specific drugs.

Online Test-Cheating Industry

That's what happens with most of the so-called "detoxifying" drinks that can be found online. Most of the drinks are simply loaded with caffeine and come with directions to drink lots and lots of water. That dilutes the urine, which can sully a drug test.

But testers are prepared for dilution, Dasgupta says. Any sample below a certain concentration is automatically rejected, regardless of whether it has evidence of illegal drugs in it.

"There is no magic formulation which can take drugs out of your body," Dasgupta says.

Chris Faught, who heads chemical testing at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, says his lab routinely sees dilution as a strategy to fool drug tests in the emergency room. "We get results that are simply suppressed so there's obviously an interfering substance. The old classic way is to drink lots and lots of water," he tells WebMD.

But the gigantic test-cheating industry, found mostly online, has given toxicologists like Dasgupta new problems to contend with. One popular formulation is called pyridinium chlorochromate (PCC). It destroys drug molecules in urine, potentially fooling drug tests.

But there's a catch: the simple addition of some hydrogen peroxide will turn a PCC-containing urine sample dark brown.

Testing for Marijuana Use

"The bottom line is toxicologists are smarter than drug abusers," Dasgupta told reporters at a meeting of the American Association for Clinical Chemistry in Washington. "If try to cheat on a drug test, we will catch you."

That's usually true. But even Dasgupta concedes there are some holes in his drug-testing net. He says parents should be on the lookout for over-the counter eyedrops. A full vial of the easy-to-buy product can successfully mask THC -- marijuana's active ingredient -- if it's added to a urine sample.

This cheating method doesn't work for heavy marijuana users. But for "borderline" tests, some eyedrops can envelop THC molecules, effectively hiding them from chemical detection, adds Dasgupta.

^I always thought that was a myth!

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Seems kind of silly if your going to the trouble of bringing in a full vial of anything why not have it be a vial full of clean urine?

Verite said:
Seems kind of silly if your going to the trouble of bringing in a full vial of anything why not have it be a vial full of clean urine?

True, but a "a full vial" could only mean a few ml. Also, the toxicologists didn't even want to touch that subject. :rasta:

If my employers did random drug testing, it would offer some peace of mind to carry a small bottle of eye drops in my pocket. Personally, I'd prefer carrying the eye drops over the urine.

For a planned test, Verite is absolutely correct: There is no worrying when you use someone else's clean pee.

...And I always heard about people using things like bleach, vinegar, and eye drops, but I always assumed it just voided the test. How interesting is it that something actually hides THC (and only THC) from the tests???

johnbobit

So all the drinks you see in the mags and on the internet are complete bullshit? or do some work? You'd think if simple over the counter eyedrops can help then I would assume that someone with some time and money could develope a thc masking chemical.
There is definatly a market out there of people not wanting to carry around someone elses piss and a dildopisspump.

johnbobit said:
So all the drinks you see in the mags and on the internet are complete bullshit? or do some work? You'd think if simple over the counter eyedrops can help then I would assume that someone with some time and money could develope a thc masking chemical.
There is definatly a market out there of people not wanting to carry around someone elses piss and a dildopisspump.

Keep in mind, that toxicologist has an agenda. So, while they were implying that those drinks were bullshit, they admitted that many do work. Like they say, it's become a cat and mouse game. It becomes very expensive for the companies which make drug-masking agents to keep up with these major research institutions.

That's why they won't even talk about using another person's urine. There's currently no way they can detect that.

Turducken

Its easy to beat. Go buy some vitamin B complex and some creatine. Drink a ton of water and take those supplements. Vit B turns your piss yellow and creatine metabolises into creatinine which is tested for to ensure the piss wasn't diluted which of course it is because you drank alot of water.

ExEcutioner

Turducken said:
Its easy to beat. Go buy some vitamin B complex and some creatine. Drink a ton of water and take those supplements. Vit B turns your piss yellow and creatine metabolises into creatinine which is tested for to ensure the piss wasn't diluted which of course it is because you drank alot of water.

How Heavy did you smoke though and how long ago before the test did you quit?

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Or you could just get a bottle of Quick Fix for $25.

I swear by the shit, because it works. Detox products can be scammy, promising much more than they could possibly deliver. The best method, meaning the nearest to fool-proof, is substitution.

Whether that's someone else's piss or a synthetic (which is what Quick Fix is), only by swapping out your dirty piss for a clean alternative can you guarantee that your sample is THC free.

My girlfriend was losing her shit a few months ago because she aced a job interview and was offered a kush position that required a drug screening. She did some research and placed an order with Quick Fix. The package was shipped out the next day and arrived shortly after. She followed the preparation instructions to the letter and took her test.

Two days later, she received a call saying that she was clean and ready to start. Now she's making a decent salary with benefits, and didn't have to stop smoking.

Dilution, vitamins, and detox agents seem like reasonable methods to mask a urine sample, but any reasonable lab will spot inconsistencies in a heartbeat. The only safe way to drug test is to remove your piss from the equation entirely.

J

James-Bong

Turducken said:

^^ive heard of this as well....

melvin2

cannabis dot com drug testing forum. read the stickys on dilution and substitution for extensive info.

J

jipedestran

all the drink mixes they sell are bullshit.

only two ways to beat a urine test for sure.

1. piss clean

2. substitute clean piss

(number 2 you still run the risk of detection)

peace
jip

chronicdoc316

I have beat 50 piss tests and I am a heavy smoker smoked up to the day of the test and been clean every time thats right 100% success the gnc drinks work great

they taste like crap and you piss out your ass but they work.