What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EMCDDA released a massive 742 pages cannabis related study!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
If this thread must be moved anywhere else moderators should do this.
I searched the forum to see if anybody posted this before me but I didn't find anything. Hope isn't posted allready.

So... the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA) is one of the European Union's decentralised agencies. Established in 1993 and based in Lisbon, it is the central source of comprehensive information on drugs and drug addiction in Europe.

This is link to a 2 page flyer about the published study:
http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/attachements.cfm/att_54180_EN_Flyer_Cannabis.pdf

This is the link to the full 742 pages study:
http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/attachements.cfm/att_53355_EN_emcdda-cannabis-mon-full-2vols-web.pdf

For details and other releases you can visit their site:
http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/

Hope this helps! Good luck everybody. :joint:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
There are so many interesting things in it, I can't decide what to say.. but I think it worths a fast browsing. I only read 50 pages till now and I found many interesting things.

Just something that I find interesting:
‘The Indian hemp is, among the known anaesthetic drugs, the narcosis which
most perfectly achieves a replacement of natural sleep, without particular repression of
expulsions, without bad repercussions, without paralyses’ (Fronmüller, 1869).

Last edited:
G

I'm trying to scan the report. I noticed that at one point they were pointing to medical applications.

Most of the report seems to deal with the "problem" of cannabis consumption.

Makes it hard to spot the information about medical applications.

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
thanks man, I think it's important for private citizens to keep copies of important information as this is

B

Blue Dot

If it takes 742 pages to say something it means:

A) The authors don't really know what they are talking about because if they did they would have been able to use a little self editing and parse it down to a few pages.

B) they are "paid" (hourly it would appear) by the gov (or someone with money, special interest, private corp, doesn't really matter) and thus the longer the study and report the more they get paid.

Pot has been smoked for over 2000 years. I don't need to read 742 pages to come to the conclusion that it's not harmful.

love?

Hey Blue Dot.

This is a compilation of articles about various subjects (related to cannabis) by top scientists in their field (some of whom disagree with each other - as do the articles here).

That's why it's so big, not just for the sake of being big.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Pot has been smoked for over 2000 years. I don't need to read 742 pages to come to the conclusion that it's not harmful.

Actually, pot has been smoked for more than 5000 years. And considered a potent medicine for many ailments for at least that long.

(Not disagreeing with you... just enhancing your argument.)

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Actually., pot was much more frequently eaten up until about 100 years or so ago, though there was a fad of smoke enemas in the late 1800s. Yes they blew smoke up their asses to get high. Booty bumps are nothing new.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hasheesh_Eater

Well, the government has been blowing smoke up our ass about cannabis for over 70 years, but they weren't using pot smoke!

From 1850 to 1942, cannabis and alcohol tinctures were a major analgesic here in the U.S., put out by diverse groups like Parke Davis,Eli Lilly and snake oil salesmen. Prior to 1900,when aspirin was invented, cannabis and opium were the major analgesics used in this country. Opium is still the basis for many legal analgesics in this country, because Big Pharma has a lock on importing it into this country and make billions off it.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
I'll bet that we could break that lock if there were any motivation to do so. Poppies aren't that hard to cultivate.

Pot has been smoked for over 2000 years. I don't need to read 742 pages to come to the conclusion that it's not harmful.[/quote]

right on