What's new

I need REVEG ADVICE!

spicecowboy

Hello, all you experienced growers out there!

I have a plant finishing indoors, that I would really like to reveg in order to take some clones and keep this particular phenotype alive.

From what I heard and read, one should let the lowest part of the plant intact, icluding some of the popcorn buds.

Is that right?

I have a few flouros, warm white and cool white, would that be enough light for one single plant?

Guess I should give her 24 hours of light and keep the soil pretty dry,- but what do I know?

Would the clones taken from a revegged plant be of equal quality as the ones regularly taken during veg?

Please,- maybe someone out there can help me with a few tips...

spice

Last edited:
pull her out of the pot and cut 1/2 the soil mass off....usually vertically around the plant and re-pot with fresh soil...give it 1/2 strength veg nutes and put her under 18/6 or 24 veg light and wait a month lol

Leave at least the bottom few nugs on.....give it a bit of leaves or bud to catch light and give it some energy to reveg....the leaves will; look funky then be single blade and finally it will grow normal and the smoke should be the same if you clone it.

R

rule35sub1

Depending on the strain, it could take 1 to 2 months or longer to reveg. I reveg plants every now and then. I just leave them in the same pot under 24 hours of light then once they revert, i go to 18/6 until I get some decent growth. I take cuts after that.

thehammer85

quick question on this,

i took clones (well i cut off lower branches and put them in perlite) in flowering because i needed a next generation of quality plants. now this was a few weeks into flower. the clones came through but they got 1-3 leaves on em and they look mutant. however, their only about 3 inches tall with 5-7 nodes on it and their are multiple nodes off those, its fucking ridiculous. now my question is are they gonna be healthy down the line in flowering or are they fucked? im giving them 1/4 to 1/2 strength veg nutes.

excalibud7

THE PLANT ON THE RIGHT(jockhorror) WAS REVEGED FROM LOWER SMALL BUD THAT I RIPPED OFF THE PLANT AND I PUT THAT BUD IN THE CLONER AND THATS THAT

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
When taking them out of the pot and then cutting the root ball up, it can be very messy and things get dislodged so much more.
I find it much better to leave them in the pots and use a long knife to cut the plant out in a square. Once out of the pot then I make one more cut at the bottom for the length I want.

spicecowboy

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thank you all for stopping by and giving me advice.

Do I necessarily have to cut half the roots off?

Another thing I´d like to know is:

If I cut some clones, they normally have the same growth pattern like the motherplant.

I mean not only smell and taste, but a certain habitus like a big fat Top Cola, or massive sidebranching.

Would that be the same with a revegged plant?

The reason I ask is: The girl I want to reveg has the most amazing fat dense Top Cola a grower can imagine(and she is a landrcae from Laos).

Wouldn´t be bad to harvest a whole growroom full of Colas like this one...

Once again: thank you all for taking the time to stop by.

By the way: I´m almost 100% sure that this line was used in the Kali Mist somewhere along it´s breeding history.

I grew quite a lot of KM, and the similarities between my Laos, and some Kali phenos are obvious.

spice

Burt

Veteran
i don't feel its necessary to cut the root ball or touch it at all-what this does is fastrack the plant back into veg since it's got space to throw the roots into
i don't mind waiting a few extra weeks so what i do is leave some popcorn buds/stems and larger leaves if possible and place it back into veg light regimen-ramp up the veg nutes slowly and remember-all the new growth will burst out from the popcorn bud sites so its good to leave them be
i've also had good luck like the above poster with flowering tops-as late as 7 weeks into flower, i've pulled afghani buds and cloned them-just watch the humidity though-a bubble cloner wasn't around when i was getting my thumb dirty so its waaay easier these days to sucessfully propogate
as for the cuttings that only show 3 blades-this happens frequently if the cut was taken when plant went into flower so it takes additional time to grow out of this stage-sometimes as long as 4-6 weeks-it will flower fine as is
good luck!

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO it is best to keep them contained during reveg. By cutting the root mass down you can pot to smaller size, and it seems that the stress of the cut seems to make the plant go into reveg better. Not sure about that, it just seems that way, having reveged both cutting roots and not.
Also, if I reveg one, it will probably be for mom cuts. If you keep reveged for moms, it is best to keep them potted small. Take it out every 6 months or so and cut the roots like you did the first time, add soil, repeat. Bonsai!

I just re-vegged my first mother from an exceptional Satori.

After harvesting, I just stuck it under 24/24 fluros, in the same pot, watered when required and, now two months later BINGO! I now have a whole bush of potential clones!

I've not cloned yet, but I think I'm about to learn... LOL

I got my plants mixed up, and had to know which of the 2 was which, as I want to keep the african, and do away with the thai.I'm in DWC.I revegged 3 of em.I had lollipopped most of em.They all three had growth in 3 weeks.The ones that had buds left high, didn't do to good.Not enough anchor.First one I did away with.Had 2 left.Both looked good, with lower buds left on these.I did an experiment.I took all the crap off one of em, left it on the other.The one left with alot of veggy stuff is still in the garden.Got clones off her.She's six weeks old now, and just flipped the light yesterday.The cleaned up one didn't like it.The veggy one, and the other 3 her same age and height, should really produce in 5 gal. DWC.I just left a 1000watt MH for a revegg light.Kept it at about 4 feet.Probably could have done the same with a 4 foot floro, for cheaper, but I went with the best light I have for vegg, because I didn't want to loose the strain.45 years old, from one seed, sent from Africa, in a pack of 3.One male, one died, one female.Old caregiver has had it for 45 years, in clone.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well I started a Reveg thread in Micro I left the lower buds on my girls when I harvested and they are now starting to pop out the beginning of branches and looks fucking weird feel free to post pics in there or any tips or tricks you learn a long the way... Happy Growing bro

joe guy

2012-03-19 18.53.48.jpg
If u look close u can see a brown mass in the middle of the new growth I waited way too long to try the clone deal ( bit scared I guess) I was way into flower I mean damn near done to start takin them this was few days shy of a month to start anything new.. just couldn't let my first love uuuhhhh I mean strain go... lol but yeh just take them and wait what seems like for ever but its really not when u look at the calender.
Time time time they will turn out just like ur former ladies... any way hope it made at least a little sence
2012-03-19 18.53.48.jpg

2012-04-13 19.18.44.jpg
There she is a nother week maybe 2 after she showed new growth so yeh if u wana save her just take a few more than u need sum root up faster than others and the extras make really good gifts

joe guy

Here's. A pic to show the diffrent growth rates the same plant can give
2012-03-18 19.26.14.jpg
As u can see a lot have new growth but quite the oppsite of few others lol same mom same time same everything only time will tell the real troopers