What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning Made Simple

JohnnyToke

here is a quick simple cloning method that has worked for me.

I hope it helps someone who needs a couple clones every couple months without much effort. just keep the pellet watered just enough it stays moist but isnt sitting in water. you dont need much light. Ive placed them in the back corner of my veg cab, my computer desk top and the window seal. they rooted in all 3 places. They aren't real picky as long as the temps stay 72f - 85f where they are sitting.

Needed Items:
jiffy peat pellet - $2 for a pack @ Walmart
6oz cup - cheap - I use clear for ease of seeing roots when they pop
razor blade - cheap
scissors - find a pr lying around the house
cloning gel or powder - $4 for Schultz's @ Walmart

regards,
JT

jiffy peat pellet

small clear cup to soak pellet in tap water for 15 minutes

prepare pellet for cutting

A donor mom

Razor Blade to take cutting

Place cutting in clone gel or powder

Trim fan leaves in half with scissors

Place cutting in prepared peat pellet & pinch soil around stem at top

Place pellet with cutting into cup

Keep moist under low light and you have roots - this NL clone took 12 days

Ready to be transplanted to grow medium (soil or hydro)

dirkdaddy

awesome. exactly what I need. not planning on keeping a whole tray of clones around and this looks like a great inexpensive way to do it! much appreciated.

JohnnyToke

Wildlifer69 said:
No Humidity Dome?

Whats your success rate ?

no humidity dome, nothing over the cup. no misting. I have taken about 30-35 clones over the last year this way and only had two not root. when I gave up on them, they were still alive and green.

I also have a diy aero mister cloner I built out of an empty kitty litter bucket that works good too. I get about 90% root ratio with it. The few that didnt root using the aero was due to stem rot. the water pump im using heats up the water in the pail to the high 80's. I need a smaller pump...lol

regards,
JT

Latest posts

Latest posts