What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if anybody know's what this is post away
cause i dont have a clue it only started
happening when i put these clones in my grow tent
the rest of my plants in the tent went like
this aswell i got rid of the tent and some
are getting better some look like there
about 2 die..my mate said maybe toxic fumes
from the plastic in the tent but maybe some
people on here know?

sick%20clones.jpg

Last edited:

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i put it down to toxic fumes let off by my tents plastic!!!!!

Tamalero

Hi, i dont know much about of this yellow color, but, it is a inmovil nutrient, because it deficiency is in the most of leaves.

Try a floliar fertilizer this inmovil nutrient can be , S, Fe or Zn.

Bye

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
It's the toxic fumes given off from the plastic on the huts. Have seen numerous reports like the problems you are having. You should not have a problem with mylar tents or even using the black/white panda plastic sheeting available in the grow shops that could be used over the tents frame. Just be glad you had the sense to remove the plants from the tents before they died.

A

alpinestar

DIGITALHIPPY said:
i dont get why the chinese clad everything they make with lead and poisen.....

hmm...
is it everything they make ?
or is it everything they make, that they send our way?

perhaps they're trying to poison the west as part of their long term global takeover plan... :nono:

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
resinryder said:
It's the toxic fumes given off from the plastic on the huts. Have seen numerous reports like the problems you are having. You should not have a problem with mylar tents or even using the black/white panda plastic sheeting available in the grow shops that could be used over the tents frame. Just be glad you had the sense to remove the plants from the tents before they died.

has there been any bad reports on the mylar tents??

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
things are looking better for the clones but all my northern light seedlings are looking bad leaf tips are starting to brown and im getting the yellowness through them aswell there isnt much air circulation in my room could that be a cause aswell?

Monad

Air circulation is more important than a lot of people think, I've had problems in my first years of growing with that, the more air you can get over em the better.

PandaFilm works great, I've used it for 3 years successfully (it isn't very opaque though - it tends to make the whole box glow through the film)

If you f'd up your nutes or pH your roots could be locked up. The first year I grew the pH was off and it looked a lot like what your plants do now.
Test the soil would be a good start.
Some types of nutrient deficiency can look this way as well, if the roots are locked up you'll need to foliar feed and adjust the pH back to normal.

What nutes have you been using?
Whats the pH of ur soil?

Hope the tent isn't the problem....what a waste of money that would be!

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
how do i test the soil ph?
I tested my exhaust fan and it was barely working no air circulation at all
so i bought a new fan theres heaps of fresh air in the room now, hopefully this will fix my problem i test my water ph and thats around 5.5 to 6.0 im using grean dream a+b nutes at 0.5 ml per liter of water plus im using rhizotonic..

phattybudz

That doesn't have anything to do with ph or circulation; it's HH syndrome.

That is caused by the material from the tent you bought.

I was in denial myself for a while, I had the (exact) same issue, and just like everybody else they recovered once I put them in a closet (with equal or even less circulation!)

Return the tent if you can. If you can't, chock it up as a loss and move on...don't waste anymore time troubleshooting this one!

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey phattybudz ive thrown the tent just got them in my spare room now how long did yours take to recover cause mine are taking a very long time...

Monad

Damn I'd be tryin to get my money back on that tent....
You'll needa buy a pH meter if you want to test, its good to have one anyways, I always end up needing to adjust the pH of the soil.....
You can get a cheap one on ebay for $30, theres also one time use kits with the strips you dip into the water.

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
moonymonkey said:
ph an or watering...
my ph is at 5.5 to 6.0 could it be over watering and bad air circulation im not sure they are starting to look better now..

hey monad i got my money back on that tent ive got a new mylar tent now havent put it up yet just waiting on a few more bits and pieces..

Last edited:

phattybudz

The yellowing stopped progressing immediately, everything that was yellow is fuct, but new growth in 1-2 weeks should be fine if you treat em right (though it's possible they're shocked too badly to recover, I think they should be alright.)

Joe Hawkins

Benji, i swapped my white tent for a mylar tent and the mylar tent works fine, but the stupid thing is they give you a white pvc base liner with the mylar tent that s toxic, just dont put the liner in it.

My new grow room was setback 9 months because of those friggin tents.

good luck

Latest posts

Latest posts