What's new

kick up those plain brownies...BAM!

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
kick up those plain brownies...BAM!

First the EASY recipe:

Sautee 1 gram finely ground cannabis in 2 TBL butter.
Once fully infused, deglaze pan with 1 oz of cannabis tincture (if not available, skip it). Add 1 half pint heavy cream, and 2 TBL sugar, and bring to a boil. Pour cream mixture over 12 oz of semisweet chocolate morsels(in a bowl please) and mix until smoothe. Cool mixture, then use to coat your regular weed brownies and cool further until set firm.
Gaurenteed to be your tastiest, strongest batch yet!

Now the blah blah behind the recipe...

Greetings cannacooks. If you want something more than plain brownies, don't like the taste of your current recipe, or just want more punch...boy have I got a treat for you.
I cook for a living, but am real weak on pastries. One of my old standbys is chocolate cake with chocolate ganache topping.
(standard ganache from Death by Chocolate book)
Always a slam dunk. Real chocolatey, real easy, even for a pastry hack like me. So one day I had some ganache left over, and decided I'd coat a few of my magic brownies, which are real tasty as it is...but this could only help

Heat 1 half pint heavy cream, 2 TBL of butter, and 2 TBL of sugar. Heat in saucepan until it just boils. Dump this over a 12 oz bag's worth of semisweet choclate morsels waiting in a mixing bowl. Start stirring. I know, it looks like hell, it'll never work....keep stirring...wait for it. When it comes together nice and smoothe, the ganache is ready and can be cooled. Great cake topping, etc.

Now, that was GREAT! But still not enough for the cook.
A while after that, I had a batch of magic brownies that came out kinda weak. Not as potent as usual, I had a friend bustin my chops over it, so I figured "I'll stone his bones, that'll teach em good" :firedevil:

So, I adapted the standard ganache recipe into a herbal recipe to make what I call "ganashish" (I only wish I had hash to make it with instead o weed)
I first sautee 1 gram of finely ground kind buds in the 2 TBL of butter, I then deglaze the pan with a half fluid oz of my weed tincture. Cook this for a minute, then add the cream and sugar, boil as normal, add to chips. Now the ganash has a punch, and when added to the weed brownies BAM! (that's right Emiril, copyright infringement!
Once the brownies are coated, I usually put them in the fridge so the ganache sets firm.

I tested these super unleaded ganashish covered brownies on several of my friends(and me of course) and comments ranged from my occasional weed smokin buddy's "I could eat half o one, and I was done for the day" to my heavy smoking buddy eating 2 and being absolutely stoned as hell for hours. The best part is the taste. Everyone that has tried them has RAVED about the taste. Even in the batches where I left the weed particles in(I do every time now) the weed taste is barely noticeable, and if anything is a pleasant accompanying flavor. Try it. You'll never eat plain weed brownies again. ENJOY!
cook

Last edited: