What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Warden is pulling the plug.....

Murphy

I agreed with her in the begining, growing would just be temporary for me. I built my cabinet's and had a blast. The 2 main strains I chose to grow in the beginning were DJ's Grape Krush and Serious' AK-47. I wanted my short term growing experience to be rewarding and I wanted something special. With a few extars bucks, I also threw in a bag of Mandalas Safari Mix and Seedmans Ata Tundra.

The cabinet is dialed in, things are running great, then she hit me with it, TIME TO STOP GROWING. My heart dropped. I love growing, I love building, tuning, posting and learning here on IC, having my space and my time to do my thing. It became a passion and now it has to come to an end. The Warden isn't heartless, she knows I love it, but it makes her nervous so it's time to throw in the towel......right after I do 1 last thing! I have to satisify the itch for a while so she agreed to let me slap a door up and gave me the ok to do whatever I wanted to in an unfinished bathroom. It's not big and it's oddly shaped, but it's what I have to work with and I'm thankfull for it. To add to the challenge I was working with about a $600 budget. I'm not complaining about any of it, I can build just about anything out of scrapes and typical stuff.

It's tuff to get a good over all picture, there isn't any room to get back far enough. Here's what you're seeing, 1000 watt HPS light, 6 inch inline fan, 2 tubs, 2 res' set up to run independantly. I have 2 circiuts in the room, a 15 amp and a 20 amp. Everything on the rack is on the power strip and plugged into the 20 amp, the 15 amp is just going to be for small pumps, and fans. There is no light rail but, the light is set up to slide to either slide by about 8 inches.

Keep hold of your seats kids, This is going to be a non-stop flight, the grow is already well under way, clones are up to about 6 inches and seedling are just getting thier second set of leaves.

My first trip to Lowes

It's tight in there! To get the most out of the space, I had to use the largest square so it's a bit tricky getting in and out of there.

This is my last round guys, if you like what you see, hit me with some rep points, it's going to be my last chance to get them as a grower.

The tubs won't be at the same stage of flower at the same time so I made it so I can slide the light to focus better of one tub or another. Here's some pics to show you what I mean. There is a Center Line on Everything.

Last night I popped in the breakers and put power to everything. It's all running fine, the res tanks are filled, The system has been tested and we're ready to get started. There's the Dirt Thunk still hanging around, it's been in flower since 3/10 under a 400 watt CMH always pushed off to the side, last night, it the 1000 watt light all to itself.

Feedback is always welcome on my threads! The good, the bad and the ugly, I'm not here to get my ego stroked, I'm here to grow the best weed I can. All questions and comments are welcome.

Last edited:
well that sux one last grow.but shes right kids in the house isnt the right place to grow especially if u own the house .looks like its time for some guerilla growing outdoors lol.best of luck with your final grow.

ConceptOfSleep

Ouch man... Sorry to hear about the Warden's decision. I can understand it though with kids, and it making her nervous...

Miss Concept had a little bit of paranoia during our first few runs, but now she loves it... I think she may be more into it than I am... Its too bad when ya have to give up something that you love...I feel the same way you do about growing...Its the love of watching it grow along with putting the work into it all... Its the sweat and heart and soul that goes into all the grows that just makes it something special.

Im glad that you get to do this one more run in the extra room.:woohoo: With 1000 watts you should be pulling down some serious dank! Thats a great setup you have gotten there, especially for your budget:yes:

So which strains are you running? Still got Grape Krush and the AK? Those are definitely winners.

Ill be tuned into this one! :lurk:

:joint:

Murphy

Here's a few pics from a couple of days ago for ya. These are all confirmed female AK-47's from Serious Seeds except one, a Mandala Safari Mix that's sure to entertain. I have one in the cab, it's a monster with a 90 day flower time. I also have some of DJ's Grape Krush seeds from my first grow and a couple of SeedMan's Ata Tundra.

All of this is being moved over to the 1000 watt room to finish. Like I said, this grow is already well under way. The Mandala SM as you can see was up in the reflector, I bent that stem over, now I have 2 more up in the reflector.

T.Baggins

maybe you can grow something other than cannabis in your room, maybe strawberries or tomatoes or something, then you can get the whole family involved. kids love to garden!

Murphy

Chomas said:
what is your method of cloning Murphy? give details please!

It's just a tub with an air stone in it. I snapped a piece of plexi glass to fit, drilled some holes. The stripped tape you see was what I used to mark each plant the clones came from. The Mothers in the cab are makered with the same color tape. As for details, there isn't really any to give, PH'ed tap water, an air stone and some collars. Check 'em in a week, you'll have roots. I started them under 40 watts CFL and moved them up to about 100 watts. I hit 'em with Liquid Light a few times and they exploded. They are in diluted neut water from the res (flower, not grow), currently the clones are at about 750 ppms.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Nice looking setup you put together Murphy. The light rail is a great idea for your space. Ill be watching.

est1977

at least you are stopping on your own and not forced to i've had to quit for a while and its hard because you become passionate about what you love Good luck and maybe in the future you can go back

OgreSeeker

Man I feel ya. I had to give up my true passion several times. Two good points have been made though...

1. Good thing your quitting on your own and not forced (BY THE COPS) to quit.

2. Maybe you can grow peppers or something else indoors with the family. That's what I've been growing for the past couple of years now. It's not as rewarding as growing 8 or 10 pounds of da ChebaCheba but it quenches my thirst for growing (at the moment).
Won't be long and I'll be hard at it again...til then I'm eatin a lot of hot peppers and tomatoes.

C

cellardweller

Sorry to hear that Murph...but ya got kids in that house too? :cuss: :nono: BE CAREFUL. You definately have the skills you need to go out with a bang though! Best of luck to ya bro!

Atari007

Good luck on the last grow! My ex-wife would never have let me grow... hell... she didnt even let me smoke! (ha!) So at least she let you do SOME growin, ya know? :) Anyway... Ill be watching!

Dramajic

Looks great. You definitely seem to know what you're doing.

What is your ppm for the Mandala? Do you use additives such as Hygrozyme, Cal-Mag
etc.

I'm doing a grow of Satori and they seem to like a low EC of about 1.4. Over ferting has been a problem for me.

What s the ambient temp. of the grow room? Here in Houston it would be tough to do what you're doing because of the heat.

Murphy

Dutch Master Neutrients
I'll be using the Liquid Light, if you guys have any questions on it, shoot them out. I've seen plenty of opinions on it but, I think they are more so from people that never tried the stuff. A non-advertised function of the stuff is that it's great to burn off pistals if you take clones from flowering plants. Just don't let it hit your plants in flower.

I started trans planting last night. The plants will be put in 10" square mesh pots. I was going to just toss the hydrotron in the tubs but, I decided to use these to make sure things stay in place. More pics will be taken tonight!

Murphy

I'm finishing a few things up here and there and there but, here's where things are today.
First the cloning cab, I moved 6 Grape Krush seedlings in, I'm out of net pots so I put holes in some plastic Dixie cups. There are still 2 outside, 2 Ata Tundras went in, 2 are still outside of the cab.

In the 400 watt CMh cab we have 8 AK-47 clones taken from the plants in flower now. One of them in a SOG clone that's been in there a couple of weeks. The later clones were taken on 6/11 and just put in the cab this week under 12/12.

Here is the first tub with the 5 plants I cut out of the SOG screen. I transplanted all of them into 10" square netpots so there is plenty of room for root growth. I figure they will stall growth for a few days then jump back into action. All 4 of the Ak-47's look differently. I'll get some pics with the light out.

Latest posts

Latest posts