What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

.....Post your DIY Cloner .............

B

Bubble Puppy

I figured i'd start a DIY cloner thread .I like seeing pictures of homemade stuff.I needed a cloner that would do a bunch of cuts at once,any size over like 10 ,was expensive.

So off to walmart i went .I used a rubbermaid tub,and 2 walmart deep ice cube trays,which make ice cubes able to fit into soda bottles .The tray tops were perfect blue cicles which worked for the lids.

Then a used high volume fishtank pump and a bubble bar,which are 10 times better than airstones.Everything cost about $30 bucks.

A circular hole saw bit made for wood ,was used to make the holes.It twas a bit time consuming .But in the end i can do 50 to 60 clones at once.

Please others post some pics of you DIY cloner....

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Way to save $300! The prices they want for premades are insane. I'll respectfully disagree on the bubble wands. Fastest clogging aerators I've ever owned. I'd go airstone free before buying another wand.

Bumble Buddy

This is what I used to do:

It worked well but I kept knocking the cups over and the foamboard doughnuts were a pain to make, so I made these:

Used a 1-1/4" hole saw (drill bit) to make the holes and pipe insulation made for 1/2" copper pipe for the doughnuts. Stuck a piece of the insulation in the hole to keep the cutting up. No bubbler yet as its been working great as is, put an aquarium thermometer and 25W fish tank heater in there to keep the temps ~72°F-80°F when its cold out.

B

Bubble Puppy

each cap has a slit cut from the outside to the center of the hole .It works great .i cab't see it ever wearing out in a lifetime

B

Bubble Puppy

The airstones i got worked ok/so /so .But the bubble wands put out 3 x the bubbles.Freezer Boy ,are you running a bunch of nutes through yer wand?

Nice design Bumble,i def gotta number mine like that .Then make an inventory list .Instead of my current nametags ,which seem to get lost or mixed up

Last edited:

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Ive tried them all.

First it was the bubble cloner, work fine but got tired of changing the water in the summer. Because of high temps.

Then was the perlite wick cloner, also worked great. but cant find perlite here in the winter, and damn that stuff can get all over the place.

3rd i made the DIY EZ cloner (a small version), and this one worked fast under the right temps, but i could not get the SOB to stop leaking for nothin. So i went to this.

Straight coco in a gatorade rain bottle. Very easy, no domes. I do mist every now and them, and since im gonna try to flower in these SOG style no transplanting.

Last edited:

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
My cloner! Prolly bigger than needed but no issues at all and has never leaked.

Outside with babys!

Used these $1.50 cups for the lids.

Painted the top black to block light and making nice roots!!

Save $300 and make your own like they said up above!! :rasta:

Last edited:

bud_me

Rainman big or not those roots say all.

My micro version:

Something was wrong with the container used, was slowing root growth so I switched containers, exact same dimensions, and full roots in 10 days again.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Bud - My next one will be a small one for sure. I am gonna keep the larger one for some tree grows in the future but I need a smaller one like yours normally. Really if you can keep the clones moist anything will work. Keep showin yours people!

007grow

lol I made the cheapest(free to me) aero ez-cloner possible

::begin edit::
4 days all cuts have lil bumps
6 days now a couple cuts have 1-2mm roots added a lil nute 1/10th strength
::end edit::

I had ez cloner pucks lying around from old bubble cloner projects, misters from an old aero project lying around aloing with a decent lil pump so I just rigged up a T with 2 misters its all inside a roughneck container stupid silly easy...

today i saw root bumps on the cuts allready lol this thing rocks all the clones look great too... had to pull 1 so far must not of been getting enough sprinkling at the bottom im going to make a nice pvc manifold but all i did was use plastic 1/2" and put the misters into it no leaks and works great i'll take better pics of the pump mister setup so everyone realises just how easily they could do this...

neon super skunk(nssk) on the left and grape ape on the right

Last edited:

Murphy

Most recently a bubble cloner

First Grow a wick system

Cloning is easy, keep it simple, ph the water and you should have sucess.

Murphy

BIG BOY said:
what size aquarium air pumps are most using for the air wand/stone/bar etc.?

I went with the second cheapest on Wally world had, a 2 outlet with a T to make it one line going to a 4 inch round air stone.

Grizz

Veteran
you guys amaze me with these machines, every one I have tried wont work so I go back to the ol rr and dome.

No equipment needed - Jiffy #7's hydrated then dried out, cut off the net, GreenLight rooting power from Loews - $6, 18oz. Solo cups with FF Planting Mix - $9. Counter sink the puck in the soil, poke with a nail for the hole, pop in the cutting, add plain old tap water & stick under a T12 fluoro.
So far - 95%.

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
cut off the net, eh? put right in soil... interesting method. might give this variation a whirl if the other 3 cloners i got (all diff styles) fail.

i wish cloning would be faster. haha

Latest posts

Latest posts