What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Today's Most Potent IBL's / Stablelized Seed Strains

G

Been wondering what the veteran growers & breeders think about this subject ?

Thanx, LBM

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
probly sams sk1....and for the best pheno of sk1... it its probbly our uk cheese clone

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I've heard kali mist is good, also Rez's sour d ibl, Romulan was the strongest bud I ever smoked.

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
generally the most potent strain doesn't exist if i can say so ...also in the highest true-breeding lines, some genetic combinations are just naturally better than others. it's all about numbers and hunting the most desired pheno. & even if you get a very potent plant, surely there is still something better waiting to be explored. just grow :D

G

Hi LBM.

Ive grown a number of strains that were very stable. I had a number of Mikado plants that were identical. Endless Sky is very consistent. Nirvanas Afghani is consistent, as is Maple Leaf indica.

A good start is to reference IBL strains, who are not so numerous.

For that you must contact each (targeted) breeders and ask with accuracy the information needed. And only after, ask growers opinions (with the obligation to show a picture).

Strain AB : Presumed IBL N generation, breeder say : blablabla....etc..etc...
Strain CD : Presumed IBL N generation, breeder say : blablabla....etc..etc...

Can be usefull for the entire community in my opinion.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
LittleBigMan said:
Been wondering what the veteran growers & breeders think about this subject ?

Thanx, LBM

Sour Diesel IBL gets a lot of people going and should breed pretty true, not a lot else out there that is super potent and not an F1 hybrid.... what do you want, a consistent crop from seed or to breed something ? If you just want a stable potent strain from seed, look at femaleseeds.nl ... they are pretty much the only people who publish genetic variance figures and even do one commercial strain partly selected for just this kind of uniformity.

englishrick said:
probly sams sk1....and for the best pheno of sk1... it its probbly our uk cheese clone

englishrick said:
hopefully someone will prove me wrong!!

Well, SK1 was never the most potent thing out there, the fact Cheese popped out of a pack shows the people working with Sam's creation were not as careful as he was, it is great, but not "most potent" nor is it "IBL's / Stablelized".... nor is it a "Seed Strain"....

HTH.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You definately have to look @ Charlies Taskenti , which is an IBL as well , its potent and very consistent ...

Fj

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think Sam would say that the most potent/electric plants on this planet can be found in the 0riginal Haze line :D

H

highsteppa

Green Fuel said:
A good start is to reference IBL strains, who are not so numerous.

For that you must contact each (targeted) breeders and ask with accuracy the information needed. And only after, ask growers opinions (with the obligation to show a picture).

Can be usefull for the entire community in my opinion.

I always thought this would be a good tool for the home breeders out here.

Afgani 1
Bubblegum
C99
Deep Chunk
Durban
Etc...

Maybe it is just me but I'd rather have a bunch of these in the fridge and be able to make my own F1's.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I got several weird phenos out of my Seedsman Skunk, one of which blew Cheese out of the water in terms of sheer potency and quality of high - the first plant pictured. This plant was sadly burnt, and better pics are now deleted, but this pheno was dangerous - 13-week flower, vey light, fluffy buds and a devastating sativa high. The more 'normal' 10-week pheno is pictured below. As for stability, it was consistent in plant strucuture, but as for buds, resin coverage, smell and flavour and flower-time, all over the place.

I crossed the 'normal' pheno with two Flo males, and the offspring have been extermely varied, something I haven't noticed with other crosses with the same males, so...I'm not sure. In my (limited) experience, Flo seems very stable indeed for breeding and incrossing...

DRorganic

Veteran
xyz is right is all in pheno huning.is all in the search .i think its prity cool huning for
phenos its like modernday treasure hunting.and you can be a nobody and find somthing you and only you have in the world .thats wher elite clonse come from
most are by compleat accidental pollination.i grew a pack of gno3 c99 that had
a pheno i did not catch at the time becouse of being a new grower.aand i try to not think of it Because i get depresed thinking about it.it was i think a one o a kind pheno devestating high unreal crystal production and strongest smelling pheno i have hade the opertunity to grow smoke. but now i have a keener eye and know what o look or in my plants.so i say lets go treasure hunting.
DAN

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Always thought the most potent IBLs came from S. America, SE Asia, and Africa. They are used to produce our most potent crosses so why wouldnt they be? Also wont there be such variation from plant to plant naturally that even IBLs of the same species will have different makeup. Basically, saying that even if you have a valley of the same ganja strain(ibl) growing naturally, wont they differ based on something as simple as geography. The plants higher in the valley will evolve different than the one growing next to the stream. Each the same species but growing and evolving in separate micro-climates and changing their characteristics like potency. Lastly, I agree with XYZ as well and believe it comes down to finding phenos. Also, your chances are going to be better to find a super potent pheno looking at crosses since we have spent the last 50 yrs breeding cannabis for this very specific trait. My 2 pennies. Peace.

Last edited:
G

All I can say is dont take the word of anyone that says rezs sour d ibl is true breeding for anything but hermies. so much weak info just getting regurgitated as truth.

not enough people working with solid old school lines in pure form anymore unfortunately..

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
englishrick - well, it was nothing like Cheese at all - not that dank/sweet/stinky thing - this was like turps, pear-drops and floor-polish/disinfectant all mixed together - very weird indeed. This is thread that documented it, but sadly all the pics were deleted long ago:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42360&page=5&pp=15

It wasn't resiny, and had lots of leafy clusters, but had an amazing psychedelic high - what I called 'nostril-flaring', if you can imagine that...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Also I forgot to mention (and I totally forgot myself until now), that I did get a few seeds from this monster 13-weeker - accidental pollenation from my two Flo males way back. Makes me think they might be an interesting cross to try out now. I wasn't that arsed about another Skunk X Flo, as the one we have is fine, but this was no ordinary Skunk (possibly some mad Colombian/Mexican-leaning pheno?), and the Flo would certainly bring down the flower time, and firm up those fluffy buds somewhat, whilst augmenting the high perfectly. Would be easy to tell them apart, too.

Hmm...:chin:

Latest posts

Latest posts