What's new

Rubbermaid Ideas!

soulflyx2k

Hey guys, Im starting to setup my rubbermaids for growing. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome. I will be updating this throughout the day with more pics as I decide what to do.

Im thinking probably this form of stacking
img_0125208.jpg

or maybe This form of stacking
img_0126739.jpg

But most likly the first.

I will nail a 3-Light-Fixture to the top with 3x Y connecters and 6x 26w CFLs, and 6500s for Veg, 3,000 for Flower
img_0127504.jpg

I will put PVC intake on bottom for air intake
img_0128976.jpg

I will have a Exaust fan nailed to the rubbermaid, and attach a 6inch Duct which has Carbon filter attached to it to the rubbermaid. Please give me ideas on what to do for how to setup the filter. As of now, I will duct tape some of those pouches to the end of the duct. This will be right near the lights on the back of the box for good cooling<br>
img_0131519.jpg

img_0132475.jpg

I will put Mylar all over the insides. I cut up 12 huge double sided balloons, which should cover like 4-5 full rubbermaid setups...Should I put mylar on the bottom floor???
img_0123159.jpg

So tell me what you think about the general setup, any suggestions??

Last edited:

soulflyx2k

they are 22gal btw.
I would cut a hole in the lid of the lower one, if i choose option 1

Last edited:

soulflyx2k

i was thinking about putting like 3 pots in there alternating positions at the beginning...
Like a V where a pot is at each point

I would grow them with LST, at end of week 1, or when they are big enough I would start to tie them down with strings or rubber paperclips, and train them across the extent of the area infront of them, and then when it reaches end let the cola grow up. Should have plenty of tops per plant by then.

I think i will put the exhaust on the top definitely best location, depending on how stealth i want it.

Also check this out, kinda weird maybe kinda cool =D
transplant maybe like 1-3 times, and end up with 3 rectangular trashcans that fit perfectly together. That would let them get a great root system, might need more water a nutes, but these Expert Gardener nutes I might be using are Very cheap
Again thanks for the feedback!
Leme know what you guys think about it

soulflyx2k

Ok guys, what do you think about this.
I will get 3 long rectangular pots to fit perfectly inside. Then i will either lst around the area, top them forming a Y on each, or grow them normally.

Which will give the best yield do you guys think?
heres pic of inside of rubbermaid

method942.jpg

Any other suggestions or comments welcomed on anything.

M

MDsmoke

I'd say use 1 liter bottles, and do a sog. That would allow up to 15+ plants. Also just go with your method of stacking. As far as the ventilation, and etc..... I would say try redgreenery's acrylic sheild method. You basically put a sheet of acrylic under the lights, and make it a separate chamber which you can ventilate separately from the plant chamber. This will allow you to actually take care of heat aside from having to take care of smell (you wont need as big of a fan or scrubber).

DUCK TAPE!