What's new

wild in punjab (india)

Ganja baba

Veteran
Hi guys , just sharing my trip to India ... I went to Delhi and Punjab up to shimla mountains , I was there for 2 weeks , going back soon .
Punjab is not like the rest of India , there are no tourists and ganja every where , and not many people smoking it , but the Sikhs love to drink and you can party and drink desi with the Punjabi boarder police , while smoking joints as long as you are not smoking a chillum you're ok , weird a ...
It was march when I went and the plants were just going into flower ....

if you are thinking about going to India then dont stay in the cities ... head out to any village walk around , some one will offer you tea , bang lassie , larger , whisky , food , all sorts of stuff , be prepared to stay for a lot longer than you think , because before you know it , there will be 20 people there with you , and a party will start lol ... every time .... i was drunk and stoned 24/7 lol , curry for breakfast
curry for lunch and for dinner , best food in the world ...
Stay for a few days , there houses are pretty big , people from the us ,Canada , England send money to make the houses bigger , but most people from families with money have moved abroad lol ... so they are more or less empty , marbled floor top to bottom , Jacuzzi , every thing lol , I was shocked …

i have seen many reports on India , most go to the tourist or the places others have been , they smoke fine hash and ganja , but dont really get to see them growing in large amounts , there are loads and loads of top hash producing places , never mentioned on cannacraphic . places have changed in the last 20 years , allot of ganja and hash is bought into the areas that were known before for top hash making , just cause the tourist keep coming , and thinking they still make hash their , well thats what i was told by many Indians who get about a fair bit … if you want to see loads and loads of ganja , make your own hash , then the Punjab is the place to be , it isn't a ganja producing state , after going to India i realise how impossible it would be to wipe out cannabis of the face of the earth , its impossible ...

The Punjab is the bread basket of India , water comes in from under ground streams , every part of land is farmed and every bit of land on the edges of the fields is full of ganja , it is a weed and grows every where , in the thousands and thousands ...

L

levant

Just Beautiful baba,
Can you talk some about the different types of grass/hashish you were smoking there?
How did you find the Shimla strain?
One day I hope to visit India...

Peace.

Ganja baba

Veteran
levant said:
Just Beautiful baba,
Can you talk some about the different types of grass/hashish you were smoking there?
How did you find the Shimla strain?
One day I hope to visit India...

Peace.

no probs , i have been baby sitting my kids while the wife went on some relaxing spa ting , will get back to you on all the details , ill edit the post and put relivent stuff in between the pictures ...
a bit busy , but will def get back to you ...
thanks levent

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Very nice pics Ganja Baba, thanks for sharing !

but...

It was march when I went and the plants were just going into flower ....

How strange it sounds, going into flower in March ? Where in Punjab have you seen that ? By this time of the year, most plants are still pretty young and small. That a small proportion is budding late March, for sure there is, but it's a minority, say 5%.

Punjab and Haryana are packed witht he green, one just have to hop in a train to Amritsar, railway sides are all green with gorgeous deep green trees (that in April/May) from the Start to the end.

if you want to see loads and loads of ganja , make your own hash , then the Punjab is the place to be , it isn't a ganja producing state

Actuall it is a ganja producing state, or maybe for the Bhang, I'mnot sure, will have to find back the article. Still there's one location in northern Punjab where it is grown legally.

Ganja Baba, you should go to Himachal Pradesh next time !

Irie !

Ganja baba

Veteran
mriko said:

but...

How strange it sounds, going into flower in March ? Where in Punjab have you seen that ? By this time of the year, most plants are still pretty young and small. That a small proportion is budding late March, for sure there is, but it's a minority, say 5%.

Punjab and Haryana are packed witht he green, one just have to hop in a train to Amritsar, railway sides are all green with gorgeous deep green trees (that in April/May) from the Start to the end.

Actuall it is a ganja producing state, or maybe for the Bhang, I'mnot sure, will have to find back the article. Still there's one location in northern Punjab where it is grown legally.

Irie !

it was def march , near jalunder.. i am sure even upto amritsar they were going into flower ... i was about 1 hour from jahlunder , there seemed to be 3 phenos
that looked dif to each other , a slight purple stem spare leaf , a long light green , and a mix of the two ... i think one may be sterile to the other , may be lol . the first set of pics are the ones from march , the others are from this year sent by a friend from chundigara ....
get back to you soon . irie

G

Great report mate, India is a place I must visit, and not just for the ganja! I wanna soak up the culture and keep off the tourist trail altogether.

I'll have to have a good chat with ya some time about India, see if I can retrace some of your steps and stay some of the same places, looks like (as you always seem to do!) you made some good friends over there and met some great people!

I was looking at a map of India:

india-map.gif

punjab-map_big.jpg

Looks to me like a flight to Delhi is the best option, then how should I travel up to the Punjab? A train to Chandigarh in the south Punjab or to Amritsar up in the north by the border? I notice both cities have airports, perhaps a connecting flight from Delhi? The train would be cool though, I reckon a nice introduction to Indian culture travelling by train and I like talking to people so I'm sure I'd meet a few interesting characters on such a train!

I could fly Heathrow to Amritsar or Manchester to Delhi, neither is cheap though, looking at 650 quid for a return flight with the huge Indian taxes!

Last edited:

Ganja baba

Veteran
thats a wicked map mate ... i will check see where we went , got to ask my bro see if he knows ,
where is the shimla mountains on the map ?
i got 200 seeds coming from chundigarh if you wanna pop any pasha

just smoking some caramella cream mixed with some stella blue , and la con coffee shop cut , ummm had to tell ya lol ... tasty stuff ...

bman has got your jamaican in the poly tunnel ...
gonna sex up the pineapple x punjabi , golden temple male on to her see what happens .
i all ways have male punjabi plants and pollen if you ever need any .let b know

Last edited:

Ganja baba

Veteran
mriko said:

but...

Irie !

just checked with the wife and i def went in march 2 years ago ...
and if you check the chundiara pics they are not in flower and they where taken last month , so the ones i got must be more indica , the ones i have at home have fat leaves when they are young then thin out , but still not full sativa .... interesting , untill icm i hadnt seen much on india ,.
the weed smells spicy fruity ... when crossed orange smells and skunks become prominat , i only got 2 plants both males from 60 seeds i was given . so i have never smoked the pure punjabi from where i went to , but im going back , and it will be hot as hell but worth it lol

G

I found a beteer map of Punjab:

Punjab-Travel-Map.jpg

Shimla (used to be called Simla) is the capital of Himachal Pradesh and is off to the west of that map, 75 miles NE of Chandigarh, no idea where the mountains extend to, but I'd say they would be in the eastern part of the Punjab. Shimla is a place I've always wanted to visit, it used to be the Summer Capital of the British Raj as it's climate in summer is beautifully temperate, a refuge from the 'burning plains of Hindustan' to the south (Delhi). This is the part of India I've always wanted to visit as I think the south would be too hot for me to really enjoy, I hate extreme heat!

Great news about the Jamaican in the tunnel - it's proper name is Kentish Creme, Elevator Man named it last year, true elite stuff if you ask me, really superb weed. I lost mine but it's good to know the cut is still around. I'd love to cross the Punjab to my Purple Afghan, I'll chat to ya about that in a couple of months when I have a PA lady ready.

Last edited:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
i am sure even upto amritsar they were going into flower

But they were just starting, right ?

A train to Chandigarh in the south Punjab or to Amritsar up in the north by the border? I notice both cities have airports, perhaps a connecting flight from Delhi? The train would be cool though, I reckon a nice introduction to Indian culture travelling by train and I like talking to people so I'm sure I'd meet a few interesting characters on such a train!

Nonsense to fly within such short distances. Amritsar is only a few hours from Delhi by train and you'll see thousands and thousands of plants along the way.

I could fly Heathrow to Amritsar or Manchester to Delhi, neither is cheap though, looking at 650 quid for a return flight with the huge Indian taxes!

650 pounds for a flight from UK to India ???? No waaaaaay ! That's terribly expensive, you can get it for half that rate ! Try Jet Airways, it's kickass recently created company. Cheap fares, brand new planes, excellent onboard service, I can't think of another company to go India even though I have to change in London.

and if you check the chundiara pics they are not in flower and they where taken last month , so the ones i got must be more indica , the ones i have at home have fat leaves when they are young then thin out , but still not full sativa .... interesting , untill icm i hadnt seen much on india ,.

Or maybe just some early & fast flowering strain ? Two years ago I crossed ttheborder, was first days of March,or very last of February. Most plants were below 1 foot tall, some where taller and in flowering, but they accounted for less than 1% of th eplants.
Very ncie Shimla crosses by the way, looks pretty yummy !

but I'd say they would be in the eastern part of the Punjab.

Punjab is all flat land, no mountain there (Historical Punjab was way bigger that todays, and encompassed large parts of Himachal Pradesh actually).

This is the part of India I've always wanted to visit as I think the south would be too hot for me to really enjoy, I hate extreme heat!

Depends which time of the year you go. from late October, temps get frendlier overthere.

Irie !

Ganja baba

Veteran
mriko said:
But they were just starting, right ?

Nonsense to fly within such short distances. Amritsar is only a few hours from Delhi by train and you'll see thousands and thousands of plants along the way.

650 pounds for a flight from UK to India ???? No waaaaaay ! That's terribly expensive, you can get it for half that rate ! Try Jet Airways, it's kickass recently created company. Cheap fares, brand new planes, excellent onboard service, I can't think of another company to go India even though I have to change in London.

Or maybe just some early & fast flowering strain ? Two years ago I crossed ttheborder, was first days of March,or very last of February. Most plants were below 1 foot tall, some where taller and in flowering, but they accounted for less than 1% of th eplants.
Very ncie Shimla crosses by the way, looks pretty yummy !

Punjab is all flat land, no mountain there (Historical Punjab was way bigger that todays, and encompassed large parts of Himachal Pradesh actually).

Depends which time of the year you go. from late October, temps get frendlier overthere.

Irie !

i was staying around the phagwara area .... all the plants were in flower around there .... the only thing i can think of is temps ...... their must be two strains , one that germs and sprouts later and finishes later , may be they are the ones that are small in the fofos ,
i am thinking , the ones that were flowering started sooner and germed in the colder temps , then it warms up for a while and the more sativa dom plants germ and being more sativa must take a few months to show ....
by which time the early plants have finished .... never thought of this possibility before , an until now never met any one else i can have a two way conversation with about it ...… much thanks for the info mriko ...
its strange to think that seeds taken from the march plants could be diff to the September plants , but it is quite possible ,
i am getting chundigara seeds this week , i wonder how diff to the phagwara seeds i got they will be ...

Hey mriko if you can remember what was the main smell and taste of the weed in Punjab ...?

i am sure it took me about 5 hours drive to get from delhi to amritsar or may be phagwara , but it took hours to get to amritsar from phagwara

punjabs land was so vast it covered afghanistan , one of the sikhs casts are called jhats , if you look um up in wiki they came from siberia ,, i all ways wondered why punjabis are lighter and very big people compared to the rest of india ..... may be lol

irie .

Last edited:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
i was staying around the phagwara area .... all the plants were in flower around there .... the only thing i can think of is temps ...... their must be two strains , one that germs and sprouts later and finishes later , may be they are the ones that are small in the fofos ,
i am thinking , the ones that were flowering started sooner and germed in the colder temps , then it warms up for a while and the more sativa dom plants germ and being more sativa must take a few months to show ....
by which time the early plants have finished .... never thought of this possibility before , an until now never met any one else i can have a two way conversation with about it ...… much thanks for the info mriko ...,

That's interesting, but how strange, there must be a particular pheno growing in phagwara area, because from what I've seen, plants budding in March were really a minority. At which point of their flowering where they ? start, middle, ripe ?
But well, whatever, you'll find phenos which are ready by April, May, June, July, August, September, October overthere, just go at the right month and pick those you want !

Hey mriko if you can remember what was the main smell and taste of the weed in Punjab ...?

Actually, shame on me but I've never sampled any Punjabi strain. As a matter of fact I've never stopped in Punjab as I'm always on my way to or back from Pakistan when going through. So I can only judge from what I've seen from the train, or from the rickshaw between Amritsar and the border. :bashhead:

am sure it took me about 5 hours drive to get from delhi to amritsar

5 hours ??? my, you must drive pretty fast (well, for India eheh) to do that in 5 hours !

punjabs land was so vast it covered afghanistan , one of the sikhs casts are called jhats , if you look um up in wiki they came from siberia ,, i all ways wondered why punjabis are lighter and very big people compared to the rest of india ..... may be lol

can't find anything about "jahts" did you spell it correctly ?
By the way, carefull with this wikipedia article, its full of mistakes actually. Punjab has never encompassed a single area of Afghanistan, neither seen Arab invaders and Alexander the great never settled there. Carefull also with the Aryan invasion theory, for it is only a theory (and those Aryans have no link at all with the Nazis version of Aryan people).

Irie !

G

i all ways wondered why punjabis are lighter and very big people compared to the rest of india

Alexander the Great is responsible for much of the caucasian genes in the N Indian population, his army reached the Gangetic plains and in northern india (now Pakistan) there are many people who claim to have ancestry from Alexander's army, there are still children born there today with blonde hair and blue eyes that are thought to be signs of the genes still lingering around.

I'm no expert on ancient Indo-asian cultures, but I have heard of the Jats, they have been around a very long time, like Gb mentions, since at least the time of the writing of the Mahabharata (700-400BC):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jat_people_in_Mahabharata_period

More info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jat_people

, Hindi: जाट, Punjabi: ਜੱਟ جٹ Jatt, Urdu: جاٹ), are an ethnic group of people[2][3] native to mainly the Punjab region[4] of Northern India and Pakistan that have attributes of an ethnic group, tribe and a people.[5][6]

The Jat people are considered by some to be the merged descendants of the original Indo-Aryans and a later addition of Indo-Scythian tribes of the region, merging to form the Jat people.[7] Others conclude a native Indo-Aryan lineage on the basis of ethnological, physical and linguistic standards[8][9][10][11][12][13]. The Jat people of India and Pakistan are not to be confused with the peripatetic Jats of Afghanistan, who are a distinct ethnic group.[14]

The Jat people have a discrete and distinct cultural history that can be historically traced back to ancient times.[15][16]

G

Very cool story and pics!!

BH buddy your always kickin the info out.....
Do i know Ganja baba from Bbay?

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Alexander the Great is responsible for much of the caucasian genes in the N Indian population, his army reached the Gangetic plains and in northern india (now Pakistan) there are many people who claim to have ancestry from Alexander's army, there are still children born there today with blonde hair and blue eyes that are thought to be signs of the genes still lingering around.

Actually Alexander the great didn't reach Gangetic plains as his soldiers refused to cross the Beas river in Punjab.

THere are indeed theories linking Malana people to Alexander's army, and the very same theory applies alos to the Kalash people who live in 3 valleys near Chitral, many blond and blue eyed people there. Afghanistan's Nuristan has also it's share of blond or red hairs and blue eyes.
In vast tracks of Northern Pakistan and Afghanistan you'll find people with european features, loads and loads of them.
Beside the possible influence of Alexanders army, shouldn't be forgotten the Sogdians who inhabited most part of central asia. They were tall, fair skinned, blond or red haired and their genes are most certainly surviving in the mountains of Afghanistan & Pakistan.

By the way, I've found back this article about Govt-Grown bhang in Punjab, here is is !

Punjab Govt also sells bhang
Sarbjit Dhaliwal
Tribune News Service

Chandigarh, March 20
It may sound incredible, but it is true. The Punjab Government sells bhang, a narcotic drug prepared from the leaves and flowers of the hemp plant also known as cannabis. However, in local parlance, hemp plants are called “sukha”. Hashish, a strong and costly drug, is also prepared from hemp plants.

Next week, the state government’s Excise Department will allocate liquor vends by draw of lots. It will also be allocating a wholesale vend of bhang, a soft drug which is chewed, smoked and drunk for its euphoric effect.

The bhang vend is to be allocated in Hoshiarpur. The Excise Department has fixed Rs 3.10 lakh as the reserve price of the vend this time. Last year, it fetched Rs 3.01 lakh, said a senior official of the department. There is a Delhi-based party which has been taking this vend. “We supply the bhang to Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and certain other states in the country”, the bhang vendor told The Tribune on the phone from Delhi.

“We have set up a huge infrastructure, including a cleansing system, to collect bhang from hemp plants in the Hoshiarpur belt and to supply it to MP, Rajasthan and other areas in the country”, he added.

He said it was supplied to certain pharmaceutical companies besides official excise warehouses maintained by the government authorities in Rajasthan and MP. From the warehouses, it is given to vends for sale, it is learnt.

Punjab and Himachal Pradesh are known for the wild growth of hemp plants. Even in City Beautiful, it grows in abundance at various places.

Recently, the Narcotics Control Bureau had destroyed large tracts of hemp plants in Kulu and Manali, areas frequented the most by foreign tourists, who have a great liking for bhang. Criminal cases were also registered against those who were found growing hemp illegally.

In India, bhang, which is otherwise banned in most states, is taken as an intoxicant in many states. During the Holi festival, it is used commonly in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and other states. Its use is also common during various religious melas in Punjab.

from http://www.tribuneindia.com/2006/20060321/main2.htm

Ganja Pasha, have you scored any ganja in Chandigarh ? checking news from there, seems there heaps of it going through or there !

Irie !

Ganja baba

Veteran
mriko said:
Actually Alexander the great didn't reach Gangetic plains as his soldiers refused to cross the Beas river in Punjab.

THere are indeed theories linking Malana people to Alexander's army, and the very same theory applies alos to the Kalash people who live in 3 valleys near Chitral, many blond and blue eyed people there. Afghanistan's Nuristan has also it's share of blond or red hairs and blue eyes.
In vast tracks of Northern Pakistan and Afghanistan you'll find people with european features, loads and loads of them.
Beside the possible influence of Alexanders army, shouldn't be forgotten the Sogdians who inhabited most part of central asia. They were tall, fair skinned, blond or red haired and their genes are most certainly surviving in the mountains of Afghanistan & Pakistan.

By the way, I've found back this article about Govt-Grown bhang in Punjab, here is is !

Ganja Pasha, have you scored any ganja in Chandigarh ? checking news from there, seems there heaps of it going through or there !

Irie !

i didnt get any , but i have a friend living there and he says there is loads of it , seedy , spicy , hes got an indoor grow on the go .. he had to chop all the males down near his house , he said it works for him ...
i didnt go looking for any cause i was baked on some good hash ...
got seeds on the way from chundigara , ill do a thread when i get them and compare them to the plants i have from punjab

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ganja baba Ive got seed from these locals listed below..Most of the seed looks quite normal Canna seed but 1 looks very racy and almost like a wheat grain..Any input or coments on what you think these will show is more than welcome..Great thread and very kewl..the comments made are my friends and not my own...
FOE20
-Punjab near Fridkot/Moga (where my friends ancestrial home is)

-Punjab near Amritsar - close to the Sikh Golden Temple

-Kerala - south India

-Manali (Kasol actually. it's a about 1hr hike before manali. IMO this is where the really dank hash comes from)

-Chandigarh ( Foothills of Shivalik mountains. the begining of the Himiliyan chain i believe)