What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Haze x Skunk 1 Freebies flowering

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello, folks. :)

It's been quite a while since I popped some seeds, so when I did, I decided to do something exotic. I got these from seedbotique as a freebie, like many others in the community.

At first I was convinced I'd never grow them because sativas are sometimes a pain in the ass to grow alongside a roomfull of indica-dominant plants. My craving for something new got the best of me, though, and here we are a few weeks into 12/12. Smile:

Of course these ladies will take forever and a day to finish, probably like 213 months or somthing. :) My kids will grow up and finish college before I get to smoke any of this. Perhaps I will celebrate my 5 year old son's college graduation with him by sharing a joint of this stuff. Hell, it'll be fresh! :)

No, I'm just busting on sativas because it's been over 2 years since I grew anything THIS sativa-dominant, and the reality is setting in. But I think I can make them sing, I hope so anyway. ;)

An important key to growing sativas is to not let them dry out, or come close... Also, keep that Ph within range, too. They don't like swings in pH, even in the slightest. Sativas are challenging to grow indoors because pH, soil dryness, and many other factors MUST be kept in order for SOOOO long before harvest. The sheer length of time it takes to properly finish one of these increases the chances of something going wrong. So, not only are they picky about how you treat them, but they will remain picky AND alive for a lot longer than the average indica-dominant plant.

BUT!!! If you can pull it off -if you can provide near perfect indoor conditions for 10-14 weeks (whew!)- you'll be rewarded with a very rare and exotic smoking experience.

Let's hope these fine ladies can be kept happy for the next 213 months, eh? :)

cc

20t_hazexsk1_4.JPG

20t_hazexsk1_3.jpg

20t_hazexsk1_1.jpg

20t_hazexsk1_2.jpg

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kroter said:
Excellent work CC!

How long did you veg?

Vegged to about 4 inches. Can't let them go long before flipping!!! You live and learn. ;) Sativas have totally overwheled whole swathes of grow space in my garden in years past.

G

Crazy Composer said:
Vegged to about 4 inches. Can't let them go long before flipping!!! You live and learn. ;) Sativas have totally overwheled whole swathes of grow space in my garden in years past.

Good to know! Thanks! :headbange

...got me a 5 pack in the fridge ...waiting for the right time...soon...

Keep the info coming CC! I'm taking notes!

Elemental

ORGANIC its my WAY/KUSH AFICIONADO/FULL MELT gran'
Veteran
hi to all guys :wave: :wave:

such a great job you do Crazy Composer,i had growth this great Genetic so recently

one of the best Sativa ever,Sam is the MAN

truly congrats again Crazy C........good luck and be carrefull at the STRECH.....

good time to everyone :wave: :wave:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I should mention, too, that I top ALL my plants (indica or sativa) at the 4th or 5th internode (leaving 4-5 sets of leaves). For sativas, I make sure to get em at the 4th internode. After topping I let them go to the veg area for a couple of days (to let them recover from the surgery while in VEG), THEN put them into flower. That's why they all have two main branches. Imagine how tall they'd be if they weren't topped.

I'm about to germinate some soon, so this is all very exciting :)
I love topping also, the axial limbs burst out once initiated into 12/12
Great grow!

Oldpath

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those are looking wonderful, CC!
I've got a couple of my freebies going now, 11 days old.
Did you pop the whole bag looking for fems, or just get lucky?

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yo what up crazy composer-

i grew this strain out, but ran into some hermie problems on all of them late into flower because i didn't cut hours of light towards the end of the plants life....

anyways, they popped up so late into flowering, it didnt matter - and I harvested some bomb ass "Thunks"

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hoosierdaddy, I popped only 3 seeds and got 3 females. Lucky. :)

LiLWaynE, I haven't smoked any almost pure sativa in a couple of years, so I'm looking forward to burning up some "thunks" too. :)

AinSophAur

I've been growing out one thazexskunk1 since its all i have room for and found out last night that it's a girl! I let her veg for 3 months and still no pre flowers on her so i took some clones. Clones took 2 weeks to grow roots and another two weeks in 12/12 to show sex! In the two weeks of veg they grew from 5 inches to 15 inches i was able to tie a knot in the main stem :)

Last edited:
wow,I got these beans too as freebies,and got 2 girls.One I popped recently and is vegging,the other I had in Hydro with several other strains and the b#$ch took over!! I was warned,but went for it anyway.Unfortunately,60days into the 130+ blooming period,she got infested with mites(only her)and I was in Mexico.A buddy did what he could but when I returned I didn't want to risk infesting my whole garden plus i didn't have a spot to isolate so I chopped her.
BIG wispy buds with those little dread like knots. I smelled an electric lemon odor and didn't expect much since I pulled so early. I was gonna use her in butter or BHO.
Lo and behold,after drying I sampled some and was very,very surprised.The lemon smell definitely made it's way to the pallet and the high was great!
Now I know some of you are gonna huff and puff since it was so early,and what a waste but it's all true. Several friends agreed. I cannot imagine how nice she would've been if I let her go all the way.Luckily I saved one.
If anyone has a smoke report on the finished,cured product I'd love to read it!
Enjoy...

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If anyone has a smoke report on the finished,cured product I'd love to read it!
several folks on ICMag have started these seeds, so if you can wait another few years, some of them will be able to tell you how they smoked. :) hehehe

G

Perrrrrrrty cool buddy!!!

YOur doing better than me,although my plants
were at 7 feet tall when brought indoors this spring?
Gonna be tricky for me.......got Thai,Leda Uno,and a LATE afghan!
Sativas my man lovely girls for the summer hahaha!!!
Be back..

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Crazy Composer said:
several folks on ICMag have started these seeds, so if you can wait another few years, some of them will be able to tell you how they smoked. :) hehehe
You just broke my sarcasim meter :D