What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YUKONS "GUMBY HASH"

NOKUY

Veteran
Ok...this is my first attempt at the hash game.

i dont have bubblebags, so i decided to go the "gumby hash" route.

i know there are a cpl threads on here about the process, but i decided to make my own thread so i could document it, and get advice.

i mostly am following the video posted here by "caligreen" of the hawaii guy doing this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8kbCtKE2Ghk&feature=related

only differences is i'm not using the drill and am mixing by hand w/ wooden spoons.

and im gonna dry it correctly (not w/ fans and wax paper), and i'm not gonna roll it up into a baseball when it's still 25% wet...lol.
....also wont let it sit in the bath for 4 hours.

...other than all that pretty much the same deal.

so any advice on this would be appreciated...as you can tell from the pics ive already started, and am right now letting it settle for a cpl hrs i guess.

i have a freezer full of fresh frozen trim. (blockhead, thunderfuckblockhead, ssh, kalimist, deepchunk, venomhead, venomberry, cherrychunk....etc...)

this run i am using as "practice" and am using a variety of trim from different strains (225 grams of trim from the start)

the next runs ill run the strains seperate....if i get good results.

heres a cpl pics up to where i am now:

225 grams of frozen trim on top of ice bath

after about 10 min. of hardcore stirring (i stirred for about 20 mins total)

just after removing ice and straining plant matter

after a cpl hrs ill syphon most water out and put the slurry into glass jar(s)the syphon again after it settles, then dry on cardboard ....right????

i wanna make 1 gram pucks w/ that clay press from "michaels"...at what point do i get to do that?

...and what would be the "per gram" retail value of this if it turns out right?? (just curious)

thanks for all advice/input guys :wave:

Last edited:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Just make sure you get as much water as possible out of it before putting it on the cardboard or you'll have a very soggy piece of cardboard.If the cardboard gets too wet it won't draw out the remaining moisture.
I've found best results after letting set out for a day or 2 is to put the hash and cardboard in the freezer for a while, overnight, etc, remove and let the resulting water crystals get absorbed into the cardboard. Then just set in a warm dry place until dried through. You eventually want it dry to avoid mold building up in it. The thicker the "chunk" the longer for it to dry and and higher the chance of developing the nasties;).

NOKUY

Veteran
thanks for the advice "resin" :wave:

here are (2) jars 5 mins. after i syphoned the bucket...im gonna syphon the bucket 1 more time after it sits a bit ...just to see if i get anything more.

once i remove all the water i can from the jars....would it hurt to use coffee filters to get rid of excess moisture before i put it on cardboard?

Last edited:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Would not hurt to use the coffee filters. You will need to get as much of the glands off the filters as possible, of course. But it would make draining the water alot easier!! Pour the drained off water into another container to see how it looks as far as capturing the glands go. That way you wou't loose them down the drain.

Last edited:
G

guest5703

This is awesome looks like you have a good amount of resin settling huh??? Sweet job nokuy!! Hope it works out well, I was thinking you could probably do even smaller batches in cups or something?? PEACE!

NOKUY

Veteran
caligreen said:
This is awesome looks like you have a good amount of resin settling huh??? Sweet job nokuy!! Hope it works out well, I was thinking you could probably do even smaller batches in cups or something?? PEACE!

oh yeah a small batch in small buckets would be easy.

i consider this a small amt. compared to the amount i have around to run if this works tho.

thanks again "caligreen" :wave:

NOKUY

Veteran
ok here is what i got so far after my initial "test run"

this is after i drained all the water i could, then put the slurry in a coffee filter.

then put the coffee filter onto newspaper for an hour or so to draw out all the moisture i could...the scraped it off the filter onto the cardboard.

now ill let it dry like this...

..........am i on the right track?

...and my question again is how long 'til i can press it into pucks?

..and what "might be" the value of it per gram? (i know it's not perfect, or "full melt", but i aint wasting it at least)

thanks again for all the help guys :wave:

Press it between two sheets of cardboard, then chop it up and spread it to dry on a big sheet of cardboard.

Save the water that you filtered through the strainer and dry it out, then use that as well.

dbuzz

Veteran
interesting dude. was it pretty easy to siphon without disturbing the bottom layer?

NOKUY

Veteran
dbuzz said:
interesting dude. was it pretty easy to siphon without disturbing the bottom layer?

oh yeah it was super easy....i just made sure to keep the hose right at the top of the water as it went down.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
careful pressing wet hash. it should be fully dry before processing into a lump sum to avoid spoilage/mold issues.

Nokuy, as per wanting to know value... i can provide a few figures to give you a ballpark. What really matters for price is the quality you've derived, certain quality levels can demand X price in a given region. for example, in my neck of the woods Full melt bubble is 35-40$ retail per g. unfortunately, buds are pretty much always are worth more than their extracted counterparts, just because in america this is a BUD culture, not a culture of extracts and hashes. we hashishins are the vast minority in the usa. (however you did use trim so party on!)

there is commonly talk of compassion clubs selling bubble at similar if not more expensive prices (50 a g). Rarity/desirability of the source material and its quality are a few factors that determine price point.

for hashes that lightly bubble or are still nice yet not full melt - a price tag of perhaps 25-30$ a g is seen.

Midwest USA prices

G

guest5703

Yea I think that would stand out in the westcoast as well papulz, good shit on the ball park ;)

Hows it coming nokuy??? I suppose you might have to wait a day or two more before fully dry???? I see in the video they mashed it together while wet, and thanks for letting me know not to do this or it will damage heads! (didn't quite know that) Thanks to you as well papulz for that info.

It looks a slight shade of green but still very good, and definitely a good amount for how much trim did you say you used? Is it possible you beat to long or too hard, and got more green?? Just wondering, I am saving everything I come across trim, stems, old nugs I just don't wanna smoke for this process. Peace bro!

acidfire

Johnny 5 said:
Nice!!!! i think i heard when its 75% dry you can roll it into a ball! :rasta:

Wow, horrible idea!

Make sure it sits on cardboard until its 100% dry before pressing, or it will mold.

NOKUY

Veteran
caligreen said:
yo yo nokuy whatttsss uuuup????

i havent tried it cuz i havent smoked in 3 weeks.

...instead i have gifted it to friends, and have been given MAD PROPS!

i still have about 10 grams, and will continue to gift it out...prolly wont ever get to try this batch myself.

Latest posts

Latest posts