What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How's my no pH grow doing?

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Thanks for dropping in on my no pH grow.

Sphagnum peat is an ideal growing medium because it has:
1. a homogenous composition
2. high structural stability
3. high water and air capacity
4. low pH (3.5-4.5) which is easily adjustable
5. low salt content
6. low nutrient status which is easily adjustable
7. no pathogens, insect pests
8. free from weed seeds

Pro-Mix HP
Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss
(65-75%/vol.)
Dolomitic & Calcitic Limestone
Endomycorrhize (Mycorise® Pro)
Macronutrients
Extra Perlite — horticultural coarse grade
Micronutrients
Wetting Agent

Since perlite is a form of natural glass, it is classified as chemically inert and has a pH of approximately 7.

My pH range for veg will be 6.0 - 6.8 & bloom will swing from 5.2 - 6.0

I've had a perpetual growing for 6 years now. I'm not the perfect grower & I don't have the Blue Peter Garden. I've grown a few strains in the past what I have here is clones of a clone of a Juicy Fruit X Northern Lights X Skunk. I have a few new seedlings growing of a Shiskaberry flavour.

I use regular potting soil with Perlite - sometimes mixed with Pro-Mix or straight Pro-Mix HP or BX & add some Epsom's salts to the mix. I'm reusing all of it this grow with the exception of the newest Veggers & the latest Bloomer are in straight Pro-Mix HP.

I feed with Muskie Fish Emulsion & PBP Bloom with PK 13/14 also use Molasses. I have some DNF Fortifier I'm going to start using on one to see how it performs, I've heard very good things about it. In straight Pro-Mix I feed every watering, soil every other watering. My water never sits and the pH straight from the tap is 7 - I've never pH'd anything in my grows. I consider myself very fortunate that everything is tuned in & away I grow with minimum effort. I'm also terrible about writing anything down so the ages of my girls are often sketchy. I was taught if you're using Pro-Mix there's No need to pH - So check it out. Compliments of Ontario Bikers the simplest way to grow.

I have an open veg area & use 1 400 MH parabolic, the flowering takes place in a metal shed decked out with 1 in line 445cfm fan, another muffin fan blowing in just above a lower vent for fresh air. My bloom lights are 1 A/C 400 MH along with a sm. fan cooled parabolic 400 HPS. I also split the inline fan & have an intake duct sitting over the HPS sucking the heat & aromas out into a can filter. I use fluorescents for clones & new sprouts.

Here's the recent gals.

The Veggers are just about ready to bloom I just need to harvest for room.
38360z5.jpg

No nothing in that shed the duct work is connected to a fan that vents
my airbrushing fumes into a can filter, it's a hobby.
38360shed-med.jpg

The shed is divided into two sections. I once did it all inside but needed to expand the operation due to myself being a Viper.

This is the HPS side - There's 3 plants, the top back plant has just entered bloom than to the right she's moving right along around 4-5 weeks, the other is in flush mode & ready in within a week. I'm smoking an early bird so I'll be able to let her go as long as I have smokables on hand. She may even see a jar, some of her anyway. I tied her into a knot when she was vegging & the leaves never did grow as large as the other plants. :spank:

38360x4.jpg

****Fan Cooled****
38360x6.jpg

38360jf.jpg
MMMM Juicy Fruit....
38360z9.jpg

This is the bud off the right hand side plant in the HPS - she's getting much denser than any of the Buds on the MH side.
38360x1.jpg

Now we have the A/C 400 MH side filled with 2 plants the top is older by a couple weeks & my largest plant. They're both leaning into the centre, it's time to wake up.
38360x7.jpg

38360x3.jpg

I'd say although the Buds are smaller they get frostier than the HPS!
38360z2.jpg

Nice long buds getting a little of both spectrum's.
The twisted leaves are from the muffin fan that's
built into the wall it's beside & it's blowing upwards.
38360z1.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Last edited:
B

Bigtimer7

WOW~~

Great job specially with no PH pen. I havnt used one on any of my grows either but they dont look this nice. My new soil that im using is str8 tap water thru the hole thing!

I enjoy growing and its a talent deff if you can grow as well as you with no PH pen. Thats wonderful man!!

KEep the pics comming man! HAve you harvested that one up there yet?

GOod job buddy +++

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Here's the one I've been smoking lately I had to chop a little early trichs were 99% cloudy. I took a branch a day off her. This Juicy Fruit blend has a very sweet, smooth taste & a very energetic high which is good since I'm smoking all the time. It smells in bloom like cabbage & when cured it takes on a lemony scent. I'll start taking some pictures of my harvests now that I have somewhere to post them. I'll have to hone my photography skills it's been a while.

38360nug2.jpg

38360nug1.jpg

Last edited:

nano

So juicy fruit is an energic high, good to know since I was just looking for a new strain to grow. I dont smoke right now because everything I grow always gives me the couch lock feeling and I personnaly do not like that. Thanks for the pictures

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
nano they're a Juicy Fruit/Northern Lights/Skunk

http://www.canadianseedexchange.com/?pageid=12671&CatID=9D79B0CA-B6C0-42D2-990D-6D524E46F57B

Here's the blurb...

Juicy Fruit x Northern Lights x Skunk This strain does best Indoors. It can be cultivated Outdoors as well but with extra care. It has a 7 to 9 weeks flowering period.

Juicy Fruit gives this strain the stinky smell and the Northern Lights give it a heavy Indica kick. This is a very potent plant and the best Indica strain we have. You will see very little branching unless you prune the tops: long, tall colas which keep growing and getting stickier until harvest. A distinctive fragrance of lemon and mint with lots of ‘skunky’ odours. A very energetic ‘up’ high for the daytime use or active lifestyles. High potency and a quick acting Sativa feeling. 1st Generation seed (F1).

Three parents? We’ve bred the best qualities from THREE strains to produce these potent seeds. You’ll grow heavy Indica-influenced plants from its Northern Lights & Skunk parentage, with an excellent Sativa finish from the cross-strain Juicy Fruit. These seeds are noted for big, big yield, sticky buds, and wonderfully smooth smoke. These plants bush out very well. All of the three strains are cross-pollinated so you are getting the best of three worlds!

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Here's the shed's doorway openings. To block out the light & keep in the odours I have a second removable vinyl door inside of the sliding doors that has Velcro around the edges & on the door frame. Similar to the one you see rolled up. That one will block out the two flowering chambers if I want to vegetate on the one side. If you open the shed doors you won't see much.
.............Para 400 HPS....................................................................A/C 400 MH...............
38360S1.jpg

A few more shots of the girls.
38360S2.jpg

It looks like she'll be getting cut tomorrow.
38360S4.jpg

I've been getting rid of my trim via ISO wash. This is 70% so it takes a while to evaporate I hit it with the heat gun once in a while. I've let it go all by itself with no help. It should turn out fairly golden & hard but sticky to the touch. Very nice way of using the trimmings.
38360S3.jpg

Stay tuned...

Last edited:

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
This is the second wash pictured above ^^^^ I consumed the first batch yesterday.
It was delicious & golden slumbers soon filled my eyes. Honey honey honey.

I do three quick washes the middle jar contains the third then we have the
scraped cleaned lid & my tin of rock candy.
38360h10.jpg

I sped up the process for tonights entries. I like to let it sit overnight to continue any purging.
I also find the less heat the better my end results.
Now it's ready to be collected
38360h8.jpg

Here you can see the first scraping of the second wash.
38360h11.jpg

Looking very very tasty & a nice colour.
38360h6.jpg

38360h7.jpg

I spin the lid keeping the heat dispersed most contaminates collect on the outer edge.
38360h4.jpg

Black Hash - Tar for the spliffs very potent stuff my friends
38360h3.jpg

38360h2.jpg

Waste not want not. :rasta:

Last edited:

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
I cut the runt tonight here she is getting ready for the chop. I want to get something good under the HPS.
38360h41.jpg

38360h31.jpg

Here's some Bud Shots these have a more rounded tip they never developed the long nipple like tips the others have. She's still got some charm around here.
38360h21.jpg

38360h1.jpg

38360h101.jpg

Here's todays take....
38360h9.jpg

Next harvests are coming along I'll have the two largest plants next. This one & the largest under the MH. Than in another two weeks later the other MH plant. All my other plants buds are dwarfing this crop so we're in for bigger & better things.
38360h61.jpg

38360h5.jpg

Who's up, get in there & do it. Out with the old & in with the new.
38360h71.jpg

I have two new flavours coming up from seed. So stay tuned we have lots of growing & photos to come.

Last edited:
Great shots man!!
Hope you got them scissors sharp,
Got some work ahead for yourself!
Sure don't waste any time huh? whats the new flavor's? JS

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Jochsmokes thanks for coming by the grow. I have some Shiskaberry x Buddha & Blueberry X Skunk aka Blue Mystic I believe. It's going to get interesting.

Pig-Pen

Gorgeous! :kos:

I havn't pH'd in years myself. Let those microbes and fungi and bacteria do their thing. :yes:

Always had a soft spot for Juicy Fruit.

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Hey thank you All for dropping by I hope you're enjoying the grow.

She's dried enough for the jars & smokes well. Trichomes are 75cloudy/25amber This hits a little harder than the early bird last month. She's stunted but the quality is still there. Conky is ripped at the moment. I got a little buggy after puffing her myself...

I got bugs on my picture tube #%*#[in my best Ringo scream]

38360buggie.jpg

38360bugeyed1.jpg

38360buggy1.jpg

I'll try & get in before lights on today & see if anyones up for a photo shoot.

Last edited:

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Looks like someone's put on the high heels towering over the others.
38360sweety.jpg

Featured Bud...
38360sweet.jpg

So much so that I'll have to lift the lamp. I'll need some shimmies for the others.
That's a sweet spot for big buds in that far corner. A brand new bulb to boot
38360sweettop.jpg

I'm almost at my height limit on this side due to the in line duct splitter is extremely bulky, I designed without the part in front of me. I can DIY up some less cumbersome & height restricting system. I've inserted cut javex bottles as liner sleeves in some places to make the duct work rigid. Something like that may be in order.
38360sweetgbus.jpg

Here's the back of the newest to enter bloom.
38360sweettoo.jpg

This is the dividing wall you don't get a good look at from a front view.
It's the plant with the feature bud above that is just out of view to the left top side.
38360sweetie.jpg

:dueling:

Here's the MH side
38360sweetmh.jpg

38360sweet1.jpg

You can see the JF/NL/S trademark nipple like tips on these buds.
All the buds show these excluding the last chop.
38360sweettwo-med.jpg

Well there you have it in a bud site....

Man, Those things are gettin crazy lookin!
I was gonna say happy 4/20
But after lookin at those tasty treats i know it will be:)
Buds are lookin great! Those "nips" are sweet hopefully mine will start filling out so i can stop drooling over everybody else's girls! JS

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
When I started I never used any bud boosters & my buds were very airy now with the PK-13/14 they get very dense. I'm going to use the DNF fortifier with the babe with the long legs. I guess I topped that one somewhere along the way.

What do you have growing JS?

A very distinctive & delicious trait these tips.
38360tipsoflove.jpg

Hey sir,
I'm just starting third wk flowering on 8 afgany X super skunk
and 4 bagseed lost about 11 so far to males.
This is kinda a trial run then in goes the femmed SS clones and my sour d clones.
I have a log going in diarys just haven't figured how to post it on my signature. c-ya JS

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Some of the MH bud pictures tonight. The top bud to the right is from the younger plant by 2 weeks.

38360xxxx.jpg

38360xxx.jpg

38360xx1.jpg