What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kauai Electric

monkey5

Veteran
anyone remember this strain from hawaii ??? anyone have this strain or have access to getting this one ??? anyone on here from hawaii that knows or can ask around??? very intense strain to be sure !!!! monkey5

monkey5

Veteran
cabbageman, what is the hbz and h2 and who/where are the breeders ....how can they be contacted ??? do they post here ??? the butter / is that a strain ??? like butter kush ?? that electric was "the FIRE " for sure !!!! thank you !! monkey5

Hey bro the Butter is a strain from Puna that is just on par with the Electric.

The breeders of the HBZ and H2 do not post on ICMag...

monkey5

Veteran
ah yes , the puna butter !!!! i have not smoked any , but, have heard nice things !!! the electric was the only "known " hawaiin strain i have actually smoked...that i know of !!! kind for sure !!! i have in seed form fets 303 seeds and would like to get federations hawaiin sativa !!! now that they are in stock for sure !!! real hawaiin i hear !!! thanks for the info !!! monkey5

Last edited:

bigbag

Veteran
puna budder is available from THseeds(holland).its a basterdized hybrid to be sure.as with most "hawaiian" lines,they are inferior when grown off island.the electric is still around im sure.i would go to hawaii and try to put feelers out somehow,then mail or smuggle them home yourself.it may take over a years time to find the strain and become friendly with the breeders.i know a guy who lived in acapulco for almost a year before he found the true "gold".

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
puna budder hard ass golf ball sized nugs if so ive smoked some yrs ago good chit 4sure a friend brought some for new yrs eve from ventura.

D

Dalaihempy

monkey5 said:
anyone remember this strain from hawaii ??? anyone have this strain or have access to getting this one ??? anyone on here from hawaii that knows or can ask around??? very intense strain to be sure !!!! monkey5

hi monkey5 i really don't like your chances but i will say that the Hawaiians are some of the coolest growers out there that will shear and help any they can and only expect a thank you only back.

Trying to find the Hawaiian of old is possibly the hardest thing to find in the mj genetic pool of old not trying to shatter your hopes but i tried to find an old Hawaiian sativa i had and have been looking since the mid 80s when i lost her i have not found her and now gave up but did get hold of some other Hawaiian gems that are nice but not my Hawaiian sativa.

Your better off trying to look at whats on offer commercially like federations Hawaiian / TFD Hawaiian offering / breeders choice punna butter offering / and mr nice spice that im planing to try my self.

monkey5

Veteran
Hempy, i was talking to a friend last night about this hawaiian (electric) and he suggested asking the friend i scored the buds from in the first place !!! good idea im thinking !!! my friends family is from the big island and grew up over there !!! a friend of his had the electric in cali. ...they would be the people , who could find the grower if anyone could !!! i just wondered if anyone on here had the seeds... you just never know !!! im a member of the Hawaii Cannabis Ministry and Roger Christie knew of this strain when i talked to him !!!! sometime maybe i will have her again !!! we will see !!! thank you all !!! stay safe !!! monkey5

Rgd

Veteran
Grow the 303
it will eat everything
else you may find for breakfast..
[15-16wks]

monkey5

Veteran
Rgd, good to know that about the 303 !!! i have wanted to X those to federation hawaiian sativa ...once i do ill send some on to seedbay as freebies !!! monkey5

monkey5

Veteran
Rdg, i have not had fets 303 yet... but... the electric was very intense !!! to say the least !!! just one great high for sure !!! monkey5

D

Dalaihempy

monkey5 said:
Hempy, i was talking to a friend last night about this hawaiian (electric) and he suggested asking the friend i scored the buds from in the first place !!! good idea im thinking !!! my friends family is from the big island and grew up over there !!! a friend of his had the electric in cali. ...they would be the people , who could find the grower if anyone could !!! i just wondered if anyone on here had the seeds... you just never know !!! im a member of the Hawaii Cannabis Ministry and Roger Christie knew of this strain when i talked to him !!!! sometime maybe i will have her again !!! we will see !!! thank you all !!! stay safe !!! monkey5

Hiya monkey5 i did see and read a little about the Hawaii Cannabis Ministry a while ago infact when i was doing some research.

I am sure you can find it but it would need to be threw people that know the older growers i had heard of this line years ago belive its a sativa line to.

I personally think Hawaiian sativas are some of the best but finding them now days is a mission impossible unless you live there and know the older growers then maybe.

Good luck with your search thou be interesting to see pics if you ever do find them and run them few pics of old school Hawaiian sativas posted take cear.

LL84

hey monkey5 im thinking if you went and spent a little bit of time in hawaii with the ministry you could probably track down what you are looking for. I have heard so much about it. Would be nice to see if you could track them down agin to be able to make seeds crossing it with 303 !!!! wow... well good luck

JITAMON

Aloha :joint: Kauai Electric is a VERY hard to find strain in original form. I doubt very many people did a breeding project with her. In the Islands not very many growers keep records, let alone keep a strain pure for generations. Lots of hybridization and labelization, just to make a much needed buck. Unless you have good friends here, most people will tell you what you want to hear regardless of truth or origin. Sad but true.

i was talking to a friend last night about this hawaiian (electric) and he suggested asking the friend i scored the buds from in the first place !!! good idea im thinking !!! my friends family is from the big island and grew up over there !!!
You are looking on the wrong island first off. Big I strains are different from Kauai, which is different from Maui, which is different than Oahu ect... Second off the Electric was an indoor strain, thus the name Electric. Most indoor growers worldwide keep their mouths shut, imagine an island :nono: Third off, the strain is dated, oldschool. Finding pure, well kept seeds or clones is like finding a buried treasure. Good luck. I live in Hawaii and believe me the "Kauai Electric" is oldschool. I have only run across 2 verified instances in the last 10 yrs. The bud was ok. Defiantly had the Kauai vibe though. I can see why you want to hunt this down. I wish you luck :rasta:
P.S. There is way better strains than the Electric, try to source some of those, you stand a much better chance. Aloha

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
in Amsterdam there is a cut that is called Hawian Haze....its like a haze but sweeter and tastyer...

because the cut takes 19 weeks the 2ekarmer coffeeshop only gets it 2 times a year.....ive seen Greenhouse and Dutch Flowers grow the same type of cut ,but ive only seen it 1 time from them .....2ekarmer coffieeshop said they get it 2x a year......its amazing

JITAMON

ah yes , the puna butter !!!! i have not smoked any , but, have heard nice things
This strain is also very tough to source the real deal. This was/is a strain grown in lower Puna. The REAL name is Puna Budda. Not butter, although it make wonderful butter. It is a old school Hawaiian sativa x Afghani that was grown in Kalapana,Puna HI. The grower who did this cross was a woman. She no longer grows and does not have any seed left either. Her family gave most of the seed's to locals only. This was years ago. The strain does not handle rain very well as we were unable to grow this strain Mauka.( which means uphill,towards the mountain,highlands). If one has a dry climate, then by all means grow da Budda :rasta:
puna budder is available from THseeds(holland).its a basterdized hybrid to be sure.as with most "hawaiian" lines,they are inferior when grown off island.
Whoever started this "they are inferior when grown off island." BULLSHIT needs to shut the fuck up. Just look at Norcal, they have Hawaiian lines GALORE. I swear that I have had Hawaiian from Norcal that was as good or even better that the same strain grown in Hawaii,by the same people.
The thing is when you are a visitor to the Islands, you don't always get the best. Most of the PRIMO local grown we keep for ourselves. Sourcing really good seeds is hard for outsider's here. The locals just really don't open up to the tourists like that. It may be different on other Islands, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
how bout this molokai kush offering by ****** shop in breeder choice .any input on m.frost?any reports?

S

Scorpion

monkey5 said:
hey monkey5,
ya man i remember it well.
while stationed at PH,my future wife brought me a nice sack to take with me on a 3 week cruise...
Gold flowers,gold stems,and too sticky to roll,so we piped it...
sound right?

scorpion

monkey5

Veteran
yes that is it...

yes that is it...

Scorpion, yes, that is it !! stuff was kind bud for sure !! I had an once and smoked it all in single hits in a pipe !! Lasted what seemed forever !! So good !! Thank you !! wish i still had the 5 seeds that the police took in 1985 out in cali. !! monkey5

Latest posts

Latest posts