What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Time Grow-Rubbermaid CFL-Bagseed

Hey guys,
I've been lurking around here for the past couple of weeks, and have really been soaking in tons of information. I've made the decision to dabble in some growing, and it seems like it would be a great hobby. Anyways. I have the basic Rubbermaid set up, except for the fact that it was a off brand, and it cracked whenever I tried to cut for the fans. Anyways, I was forced to go McGuiver and set up some fans with cardboard, which is pretty lame, but it worked. I have 3 100 watter CFLs, putting out 1500 lumens each. I'm not sure of the exact square footage of my case, but i figure it should be enough. I have a computer fan for both intake as well as exhaust, but a bit of carbon got blocked in the exhaust and burnt it out....:badday:
So I'm stuck with only the intake for now, but I'm only on my second day, so I don't figure it should be much of a problem. I'm doing 12/12 right away, and they just all woke up about an hour ago. Two of them have sprout up from the ground, which is very exciting. There are a total of 7, and all of them are from a random assortment of bagseed.

Here's the box, and the intake fan.

And the 7 plants.

The scrubber.

Lights.

Last edited:
dtoker said:
looks good bro, best of luck! How did u mount your filter (before the fan blew up lol)

Lol, well i had my fan mounted to the side of the box, and then had the scrubber right up next to it. It was working awesome, but a piece of carbon popped out and stopped the fan. It kept running, but didn't move, so of course it burnt out. Oh well, I'm picking up 2 more fans today, and I think I'll make another scrubber. Who knows. Anyways, when they went to bed just a bit ago, it looked like 2 had sprouted while they were awake! Now we have a total of 4! I'm starting to get VERY excited guys, just need to start distracting myself now.

Day 4

Day 4

Alright guys, it's been 4 cycles of 12 hours of lights since I put these babies in the dirt. I ended up throwing 3 more in on tuesday morning, so I had a total of 10. 2 died off, and it looks like one is still struggling to live. So we're still at 80% right now, not so bad..... :redface:

Here we have all 8.

And this is the biggest.

And the new fan, SUCKING out air!

Last edited:
Alright guys, looks like we lost 2 more, so we're down to six, lol. The biggest one is already on it's third set of leaves coming in, and I'll have pics for you guys on monday, for the weekly update!