What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Great Canadian Gro show! 2008

Colt122

Things have run full circle and that time is approaching :jump: I know alot of people want to see the new strains with all the auto flowering going on.
I lost my favarite outdoor strain, so I'll be running off quite a seletion this year, not to mention I have a few strains untested which should prove to be very intresting.A little about me...Ive dedicated my everything I guess they call that life,lol. Ive modded for popular forums in the past, written some outdoor teks posted around the net, helped design some of the first tube systems available in canada, Ive been a distributer for FHD and grow consultant for different companies which im not at liberty to mention.
Ive grown extensivly threw the years done 15 downtime for cannabis so...
I hope the we can make this the best outdoor year yet :wave:
First offIam by no means a gro guru, I smoke alot and forget alot :rasta:
There are some smart minds out there very articulate can tell a person how things should be but have had no hands on experience, although I do have a college degree/Technician, I speak from experience first. I hope to make one think, gather some great ideas, make some new freinds, and probably rattle a few cages :fsu:
I'll start off by posting a cpl pics of the spots I have picked, 1 main grow area and another for back up. I have no idea how many at this point, I have 2 strains of unlimited seed for testing
2 strains of the same but clones
and im going to have about 10 strains started from seed and cloned by april.
I'll give a more detailed understanding as we go on.
Feel free to post any ideas pics , or what have you,
this is a "OPEN" thread :wave:
Sometimes things are not allways as they seem so dont take what I post at face value, security,longevity...
Colt122

BACK-UP PLAN :muahaha:

Last edited:

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Cool, sounds good.

What strains? You mentioned autoflowers, they're my passion & hobby. I'm currently breeding a couple and when the extra space and $$ come up I'll be testing more.

Got any secret tips for us that help with outdoor growing in general? Any ways to help with droughts and make watering less frequent? Do you bring in soil or do you use the local soil and amend it?

Colt122

Hi Mr Celsius :wave:
I have 2 confirmed strains so far 1 is GFUNK (G13/Big Funk X Romulan) and the other is REDCROSS (MB911(outdoor) X Black Hazel(outdoor)/Humpty Doo X Hazeplant) from magicshaman Genetics.
The gfunk indoors is a wicked plant one of the biggest yeilders I have seen with such consistancy between them its hard to believe the F1. The Gfunk was a combination effort in any sense of the word, anyone remember seeing Krusty's bucket system? I know silly question :spank: That was Big funk in those massive bucket grows, a clone was aquired, pollunated by a G13 Hybrid.
Ive seen it crossed with a 3.5ft black Domina plant(aka "thenook" strain from MS Genetics) and it almost dbl the growth for the people involved, didnt dbl the yeild but did increase it. as well as made ita more vigorus plant increasing strength and helpedit holdits own weight better. the potential is there for further testing :rasta:

I will allways will use 75lbs Burlap Potato type sacks filled witha outdoor soil mix I get from a landscaping supply company, I toss them 10 bucks and grab a shovel, 1/2 full I give them a twist and toss them in the truck, I may get them to fill the bags half full they run a hopper, I would tell them Im planting trees.
I see it this way... Have you seen the Video from Brwndirtwarrior? love the work he does and the dedication he gives, his link if you havn seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXHfkXds0E0
See how he hauls sunshine mix :nono: Picture my potato sacks, they offer a alibi "Im going to dug up trees and plant them at my house" which people do.
The bags act as camo from the air, the roots grow right threw, plants take to natural soil better. Im not knocking his tek, I just like mine better, turning soil I will not, use black plastic bags, I dont think so, carry sunshine mix is heat, I look like a biker/warrior :laughing:
Now the soil I use is common #4 outdoor (Mulch,Peat,topsoil,cowshit)sifted.
Once a week for watering, its a week end thang..... :badday:
I prop the bags up, dont touch the area except for trees (1or2) nothing fancy. I usually dump the bags in a ditch, comeback on foot and drag them in.
1 cup DOLOMITE lime per 1/2 sack(bag) of soil
filling bags and dumping them,dragging them in is a days work sometimes 2, dont let the bags get rain or there heavy :rant: Laziness will overcome a person at this point, use the 50lb burlab and there a bitch to carry, the longer 75lbs ones let a person swing them(2) over there shoulder. :headbange Of course with the smaller autoflower plants the smaller bags would be more cost effective, Ive gotten 20ft plants out of these burlab bags. Ive seen a helicopter hover over 20 plants in plastic bags(Black growbags) all the while 400 plants are just meters away, the plastic brought them in only to find the 400, bad day. :fsu:
And of course a good outdoor strain matters, I had a strain(MB911) that would give me 1/4lb a plant,stinky,tiny thumb sized buds, super spicey smell, and then it went for a move with a nubie and died, So Im going to try some new stuff.

Some pervious outdoor pics, I'll post better ones... there on disc and I havnt the time yet to collect them together.
These are old shots
MB911 before her death...

Mr Celsius

Veteran
Sweet, thanks for the info.

Are you doing any autos this year?

Colt122

Yes I will be doing some varieties of the GG strain, as well Ive confirmed Manitoba madness, and Manitoba medicine, although these strains dont seem to be Iam actually looking for I have to see for myself, Im sure they have plenty to offer when it comes to breeding.
I like bigger plants....Nigerian nightmare bigger,lol. Im use to growing trees so I fear the gg strain will dissappoint me, not knocking the plant its just what I have seen in the past. Iam from Manitoba we are renowed growers here, Ive been here since day 1 Ive seen many a good strains kept from the public for years, slowly we see more types of plants getting passed around, It wasnt long ago a person came to me and said "On my sons life these plants finish and the bud is so good the bikers cant tell its outdoor"
I didnt like the way he word it obviously but it shows his conviction.....
Fact is people who had good plants out here kept them secret, didnt want to flood the market,lol. Times have changed the cats out of the bag...now weres the real Mccoy :rasta:
When people finish reading this thread at the end of the year, for good or bad there going to know what the strain that I did is capable of, I havnt seen a pic I like of the GG but Ive given plenty of my seeds to others and the plants rarley unless there experienced ever look like mine indoor let alone outdoor, and there is alot of wicked growers here I look up too. Im not talking about them Im talking about the average grower here.
Growing in the ground versus my bags is no comparison, pots, no comparison, bags(plastic) in or out of the ground, no comparison, sunshine soil versus my outdoor mix, no comparison. Nutrients will be another thing, I will most likley use different food than I normally use, Not too say Im going to reinvent the wheel but I will check out some slow release fertilizers versus the powder, all will be hydro quality, sent on being cost efficiant and weight will be a factor deciding what to use, thats why the dry usually wins over the premixed nutes.
I personally like "Natures Nutrition" Nutrients From
Future Harvest Development(FHD) extremegrowing.com
since I deal with a buddy at Betterthannature.com grow stores I will use the Nutes they Offer. I hope im not spamming nothing here Im only offering good news :wave:
I never will use a cheap 20-20-20 grow food such as plant prod and I dont recommend it for weed.....tastes like junk, beginners never flush it right,yuk.
I'll post more as I have time...Peace :wave:

Mr Celsius

Veteran
All those strains sound good, but aren't true autoflowers. They are often referred to extreme photosensitive strains.

What is Manitoba Madness and medicine?

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
looking forward to the show!

you seems good prepared for the great guerilla outdoor!

Colt122

All those strains sound good, but aren't true autoflowers. They are often referred to extreme photosensitive strains.

What is Manitoba Madness and medicine?

the Manitoba Madness is GG x Moosejaw Madness will finish at the end of August to early September in my area. It has a pugent, "fuel" like sweet seasoning smell. Some will be good cloners, potential for full-blown autos.
I'll post moreinfo on the manitoba medice later :wave:

I will be doing some lowrider cross's untested I'll post it as I have the correct info. _________________

Quote:
For perhaps the most profound and curious aspect of the marijuana plant is not the controversy over its psychoactive properties and purported social ills, but the way it has become so symbolic and emblematic of our civil liberties and individual rights and freedoms.

- browndirt

It hit me hard when he said that, especially when your caught up in the governments bullshit...Im not with out incident, Ive been challanged by society many many times, usually I loose... :fsu:

Peace colt122

MB911
Outdoor shot

Indoor Shot

Last edited:
S

SmokeMan

Your one Hell of a outdoor grower! I cant wait to see what you do here. :rasta:

kamil846

Have you got good conditions of weather? I'm very interrested, I like looking for growers from second side of world PEACE

phrank

greetings...

greetings...

Colt122-

Glad to have you aboard, as another experienced voice is always a bonus. I have two questions if you don't mind:

Where do you get your grow sacks?
Do you ever work in marshes?

Finally, if you are sourcing seeds from UTG, you might want to try Da' Bean Co.'s Mango x California Indica.

Looking forward to your future posts!

phrank

Cool

Cool

Thanks for the all the great tips and information already. This is going to be a very interesting thread. I was planning on using rubbermaids in a swamp but your burlap bags have sparked my interest. Do most landscape companies or nursuries have a general "outdoor soil mix" that they sell? Besides being easier to carry in I bet it is also cheaper than buying bags of soil. I understand that GG wouldn't be your favorite plant if you are into bigger heavier yeilding strains but are you serious that you have never seen a pic that you liked? If grown to their full potential they can look like this. (not my plant) I'm far from experienced but for finishing at the end of August and yeilding 6-8 ounces of potent herb I would be very happy with that. Talk to you later.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Colt122

Hi, Thanx for the warm reply's I hope at the end of the year we can answer some questions for growers looking to find a strain that finishes in there area.
I'll try to answer all your questions :rasta:
esbe:
Thanx bro for all your help :headbange
HOVAH:
I get mine from a bag company locally, they supply potato farms, if you need more help PM me, they come in a few different sizes Ive used 50lbs and 75lbs, the 75 are easier to carry 2 at a time, but for smaller auto flowering plants that prefer root balling, smaller bags would be preferred IMO.
I pay 75 cents a bag, I would have to buy a 1000 or moreto get them any cheaper....I have tried painting the bags camo, but besides being a buissness idea the bags alone proved more than enough camo in the feild. Ive seen a helicopter hover over 20plants in black plastic 5 gallon gro bags...the 400 outdoor beside it got busted because of the 20, they didnt even see it until they were leaving.

kamil846:Hi :rasta:
Our weather is 4 seasons, winter,spring,summer and fall, spring is april-may,end of season is Oct 15.
Anything can happen,floods,droughts,animals,heavy wind, rain, Im prepared to fight all obstacles, thanx for asking.

phrank:Thanx for the welcome :rasta:
I will be trying the Mango x California Indica, seeds have not arrived yet :headbange
I will Give you my latest confirmed strains "that I will be doing" update :jump: :jump:

Swazi Prime
Black Congo
GFunk
Durban X GFunk
Red Cross
Northern#5 X Black Hazel
Purple Peace
GG#2 X GG#2
GG X DP
Leb27
Pot X Chronic
Low Rider
Biddy Early X Eroc/DP
Purple Peace
Hollands Hope
Assorted "outdoor" seeds (word of mouth seeds...no info, have to be tested) I may keep something they offer....have to see.
Anyone see any good cross's I should possible do? Feel free to give me some suggestions, I have limited amounts of seeds for certain strains, I will update you all on germination rates as things progress.

buggsuperstar, Hi :rasta:
Those plants are nice,still smaller but definatley nothing to sneeze at Im trying the GG#2 X GG3#2 And GG X DP, I hope good things go well with them,
the Mango X Cali Looks like a keeper, :headbange
Thanx for the pics, I wrote this yesterday but my wireless line wasnt stable :nono:

Vol Funk:Hi......
Not from around here? The thread is "Great Canadian gro show", yes Iam from Canada, Welcome! :muahaha:
Peace everyone :rasta: Heres a few pics of some past and present work :joint:

hamstring

Veteran
Colt122
Looks like you have some great grow skills. Some growers prefer bags to planting in the ground I personally do not. Can you explain why you like this idea?

I understand you can plant any where regardless of soil conditions.

What about watering do you have water every week?
Do you ever move the plants around once planted in the bags?

Thinking about it closely I guess you could plant more plants quicker than if you had to dig holes. I love the burlap idea as it is great camo and allows for root expansion.

Great info and keep us posted.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colt122 said:
Hi, Thanx for the warm reply's I hope at the end of the year we can answer some questions for growers looking to find a strain that finishes in there area.
I'll try to answer all your questions :rasta:
esbe:
Thanx bro for all your help :headbange
HOVAH:
I get mine from a bag company locally, they supply potato farms, if you need more help PM me, they come in a few different sizes Ive used 50lbs and 75lbs, the 75 are easier to carry 2 at a time, but for smaller auto flowering plants that prefer root balling, smaller bags would be preferred IMO.
I pay 75 cents a bag, I would have to buy a 1000 or moreto get them any cheaper....I have tried painting the bags camo, but besides being a buissness idea the bags alone proved more than enough camo in the feild. Ive seen a helicopter hover over 20plants in black plastic 5 gallon gro bags...the 400 outdoor beside it got busted because of the 20, they didnt even see it until they were leaving.

kamil846:Hi :rasta:
Our weather is 4 seasons, winter,spring,summer and fall, spring is april-may,end of season is Oct 15.
Anything can happen,floods,droughts,animals,heavy wind, rain, Im prepared to fight all obstacles, thanx for asking.

phrank:Thanx for the welcome :rasta:
I will be trying the Mango x California Indica, seeds have not arrived yet :headbange
I will Give you my latest confirmed strains "that I will be doing" update :jump: :jump:

Swazi Prime
Black Congo
GFunk
Durban X GFunk
Red Cross
Northern#5 X Black Hazel
Purple Peace
GG#2 X GG#2
GG X DP
Leb27
Pot X Chronic
Low Rider
Biddy Early X Eroc/DP
Purple Peace
Hollands Hope
Assorted "outdoor" seeds (word of mouth seeds...no info, have to be tested) I may keep something they offer....have to see.
Anyone see any good cross's I should possible do? Feel free to give me some suggestions, I have limited amounts of seeds for certain strains, I will update you all on germination rates as things progress.

buggsuperstar, Hi :rasta:
Those plants are nice,still smaller but definatley nothing to sneeze at Im trying the GG#2 X GG3#2 And GG X DP, I hope good things go well with them,
the Mango X Cali Looks like a keeper, :headbange
Thanx for the pics, I wrote this yesterday but my wireless line wasnt stable :nono:

Vol Funk:Hi......
Not from around here? The thread is "Great Canadian gro show", yes Iam from Canada, Welcome! :muahaha:
Peace everyone :rasta: Heres a few pics of some past and present work :joint:

As an upcoming Guerrilla farmer ill watch this tread carefully and learn..

Nice genetic lineup.
I see some danish genetics in your lineup also
Gonna watch them and see how they perform in your country and climate.

Latest posts

Latest posts