What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the DUNGEON GROW !!

the_dungeon

Hello everybody..

i love icmag.. i have learked on this site for a good year, reading up on anything to everything, and now its time for me to try one of this diary's..so i can get specific help directed towards my grow

my first grow was a wonderful learning process. it was very enjoyable and i think i learned alot.

NEVER TELL ANYONE!!

because before i could harvest i got robbed and lost them :(

sooo...

now I got a new spot, totally hidden way out in the middle of no where.. to get inside the dungeon you have to pass a locked chain link fence.. walk a good 100 yards to come to a locked door. find a secret door, down some stairs (watch out for the spiders :laughing: ) and finally through a door that is locked with chains and an unbreakable lock.

as you can tell security was a major factor.

the spot is a oollllddd basement, that we (me and my grow partner, one of the only people to know) cleaned out. It took us a good 3 weeks. there was spider webs EVERYWHERE!!! Dirt, dust and rotted wood also everywhere. We took out HUNDREDS of buckets of dirt.. bucket or two at a time up those stupid stairs. we sealed all of the vents, holes, random openings and termite holes (lot of termite damage). We are very resourceful and found two old rolls of tar paper? (the black paper used on roofs and under the side paneling for houses to patch all the holes, and to seal off one side of the chamber.

after those weeks of cleaning and prepping everything we finally got our seeds in moist paper towels, in a ziplock bag waiting for them to pop.

We are using Fox Farm Ocean Mix or whatever its called, dont have the bag here. we mixed in miracle grow perlite (eek, i know its bad, but thats the only kind of perlite i could find :confused: )

I mixed it in at a ratio of about 4 or 5 parts to 1

I checked the ph of the soil after mixing and watering with a cheap 1 time ph tester and it read off about 6.7 - 7 ish? It was hard to read...

LIGHTING:
2 4ft flouros and
2 warm white cfls with metal reflectors
1 42w cfl and a with metal reflector
blueish warm light bulb, with metal reflector
left over from last grow i dunno why i bought it now that i think of it.
all .

the dungeon has more than enough space to fit multiple chambers at various sizes. the room is a basement, with an upside down U cement blockish thing around the room, so we have a chest high cement table thingy..

sorry im high and this is hard to describe. I have pics, which I am trying to learn how to post.
EDIT: Here are some pics...

but i have some questions.
1# im about to buy this light with a prepaid visa card bought in cash, sent to a location that has nothing growing or any illegal activity's, but i need to know if I can just purchase an extension cord, cut off the end and wiring the light to the extension cord, which will plug into a timer. am i able to do this?
i under stand there are DIY tutorials on how to wire a security light, but Im just trying to wire this light to an extension cord, because there is no electricty down in the dungeon, were feeding it through the house..

2# everyone has different opinions and i am without a ph meter (which i will buy soon) but what kind of water is best? the water here is well water and I am assuming it is not good. The well water is used to water grape vines so it cant be THAT bad, but I want the best for the plants. soo.. what kinda water do you all think i should use?

3# I am going to the local hydro store to buy nutes to add to my soil mix. Once sprouted I will put them into black dixie cups with the soil I spoke about early to grow, and once big enough i will transplant them into pots, with GOOD soil. Im thinking of FFOM with add bat guano molasses earthworm castings and dolomite lime. I might add seaweed extract because I hear that is good, but wont know till i see prices.

sorry this is a bunch of rambling im not used to putting it all down in words.. ANY advice , helps , tips or constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!!

:joint: :rasta:

Last edited:
B

Bigtimer7

Hey man- just read something and wanted to make sure that you know you have to use a certain cord. If your runnin it that far your going to need a Appliance Extension Cord. YOU HAVE TO! If you do not it will not be able to power a ballast. I was unclear if you were using flouros or going to get a nice big light? Anyways good luck buddy!

the_dungeon

Thanks for the speedy reply! No I did not know that, I was just going to use a heavy duty extension cord. But good to know, thank you! I dont want to start a fire or anything. Also I am using 2 floros.. 4ft tubes. and a bunch of cfls with cheap metal reflectors I got from the hardware store.

I dont have the light yet, but im going to get this one http://www.e-conolight.com/Product/EProductDetail.asp?ProductFamilyID=7&FGNumber=E-MT7H151G

I'm running it as of right now about 25 feet maybe 30? But we are going to drill a hole from the house down directly below, so only 10 feet then. Is that to far or will it be a problem? I know the longer it is the more expensive.

G

Sorry to here you got robed man that must have sucked, for the fluorescents an extension cord will be fine. You may want to look into digging a ditch and running a line from a breaker in the house to a breaker box or fuse box in your dungeon. When you start flowering and running a lot of amps it will probably get hot on a extension cord. It’s not real hard just tie into a 30 amp breaker with a roll of house wire and tie that into another box as the main. Then you can run plug-ins and lights off a couple 10 amp breakers in the dungeon, which by the way sounds bad ass for a grow room! As for water I have a deep well and I guess the ph is O.K. my plants are fine with it but it is also my last resort. I use rain water or water from the creek when ever it’s convenient. (TIP) adjusting ph is kinda like starting deodorant or doosh once you start you have to keep it going or things get shitty. The perlite from MG if it has nitrogen in it your gonna fry your seedlings. Peace n Love Man :rasta:

the_dungeon

thanks georgia green, i wasnt aware of the N in the perlite. i gotta fix that then.

I def need some more adivce about running another line. Im about to leave right now to head over there so I will write down all my questions and hopefully you can answer them :)

and bout the stolen plants, yeah it totally sucked! I was so looking forward to em.. :badday:

hahaha I love this line: "(TIP) adjusting ph is kinda like starting deodorant or doosh once you start you have to keep it going or things get shitty."

just got a PH meter, imma test it out and see how it is. Whats the best ph for water?

G

http://www.usalight.com/b1000hps5_c_180_p_1_pr_817.html

http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=45706

If I were to expand I'd do these Home Depot has Hps security lights if you want to go small
there are lots of treads that show you how to turn a security light into a remote ballast grow light, it really boils down to what kinda yields you are expecting and what style grow you want SOG SCROG LST or just growing big ole sticky bushes you have tons of choices,Peace :pimp3: the link you posted I don't know what light you what But any HPS or MH light fixture is gonna have a ballast and all or it would not work and no one would buy um a ballast is just kinda like a coil it helps regulate current to the lamp so it gets what it needs

Last edited:
G

http://www.e-conolight.com/Product/EProductDetail.asp?ProductFamilyID=7&FGNumber=E-MT6H151G

when I first hit the link it took me to the home page for all the lights
now when I hit it it takes me to the one thats like
this one, ya I saw a thread about this one a lot of peeps got um good choice for the cash :rasta: At one time they where out of stock you can't beat that price I may get get some just cause they are so cheap and put um in a cabinet for making seed thanks for putting this link back in my head

Last edited:

the_dungeon

Those two links you gave me are dope! I saved them, but thats to big for me right now. I dont have experience with hps yet so i dont want to start with a 1000 watt.. even tho the yield would be way more.

$30 bucks for a 150 hps just sounds to good to be true, thats why I was asking if anyone used them.. but I plan on ordering it tomorrow, and once I get it I will let everyone know what I think of it!

UPDATE::
Its Day 3 of sprouting the seeds.. i havent looked at them put will either today or tomorrow. Hopefully I will see some tap roots poking out.

Here are some pics.. cell phone pics cause i forgot the damn camera last time I was there.

These are pics of the 1st chamber we are setting up. It is about 4ft wide 5ft deep and 2ft seven inches height. from the cement, (its actually got a fatty piece of desk plastic on the bottom) to the 2x6 beams holding up the house is 2 ft and seven inches.

So basically its H x W x L = 2ft 7in x 4ft x 5ft

the chamber is 99% light proof, and since i have nothing in the other chamber yet its not a problem..

i stupidly bought the wrong kind of foil tissue.. i got one with a blueish tint.

i bought two 15 packs of the RIGHT kind, and will put it up next visit.

Last edited:

the_dungeon

Seeds in Soil!

Seeds in Soil!

Alright.. So I got me a bag of Black Gold and a small bag of organic earth worm castings.

I mixed Fox Farm Ocean Forest 1:1 with the Black Gold, and put in some EWC.

I was going to pick up another bag of FFOF but when I saw the Black Gold and read the ingredients I was sold, "ALL ORGANIC POTTING SOIL ; Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss , Compost , Earthworm Castings , Forest Humus , Perlite , and Pumice

Anyone use Black Gold? I did a search but only found one thread on it.. BUt that person loved it. I wish I saved it cause now I cant find that thread.

Anyways, we put about 15 seeds in the paper towels and 9 had sprouted from 2 inches!!!! to a centimeter long. I'm not going to be able to go back for some days so I put all nine in the soil. The 6 others barely cracked open, so i decided to give them some more time.

So.. My seeds are in soil as of feb 25th.
My well water is at 5.3 ph
The soil after watering is 6.9 ph
Temp in cab is about 67-69 with lights on.
I was in the actually chamber, putting up mylar, so my body heat must of added to it. Will get more accurate reading once then sprouted out of the ground.

I still don''t have fans in there. I eventually want to get ducting and a blower of some sorta, most likely a Stanley one since there are so many great DIY tutorials

This pic is the entrance to the chamber. a tarp and a piece of fabric that used to hold a futon mattress

Last edited:
B

Bigtimer7

Hey maN! Sorry I was gone and didnt see the response. Yea the fluros you can use a reg. extension cord. But if its like a balast or that 150 security lamp then I suggest using the heavy duty appliance cord.

Looks great buD! Hope you get fat plants and some nice SMOKE!!!

:wave:

the_dungeon

would this extension cord work for

This type of light? From econo lights

I looked for appliance but couldn't find any. But this had the highest gauge and amp. Is this safe?

Last edited:
G

Yeah man that will be fine just cut off the female end of the short 1 and wire it to the fixture then plug it into a timer, in the long 1 going to your area but you do know that little light is not gonna give you much bud? maybe if you had it in a small cabinet with a SROG or SOG type grow you could get more use from it? but it should be fine for veg in a small area close to the babies

B

Bigtimer7

yep like Georgia said that will work fine!

Good luck buddy and Im sendin you positive vibes!!!

the_dungeon

:muahaha: :rasta:

this is on may 23rd..

june 17th

and these last two are from today.

were feeding them fox farm grow big.. every other feeding.

this is my first time using an air cooled, 400 watt hps with a reflector..

im used to slow growth with the flouros... i love how much of a difference a better light makes :DD

anyways, you guys will be seeing me around much more.

finally getting my shit organized..

peace out... :wave: :smoweed:

Last edited:

the_dungeon

So an update.. Was over there yesterday for about 5 hours setting up the final chamber,

where they were before was only temporary.

now we are almost ready to flower.. just gotta finish framing the box and make a door.

Heres the old set up

And here is the new chamber>. Its about 4Feet 6 inches wide.. and about 9 feet long> when im finished it will be 10 feet long.

it was so difficult stapling up the poly right bymyself>. its 10 feet so i had to fold it and use push pins to hold it up till i got it in the right spot.

its getting more and more legit..

Took long enough.

i have so many ideas that i want to do with this>> but time and money are holding me back >_<

Cant wait till i can smoke with out having to drain my bank account :rasta: :rasta:

free smoke sounds soooo appealing :D

QUESTION:

for my space, what would be the best way to increase yeild for my next run?? keep training with string like i am doing? or should i make a screen and scrog??

or should i just get a bunch of clones and do a sog?

Last edited: