What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ic hydrohut "tent" grow club

hello :wave:
i use a 3x3 hydro hut with a 600 hps i grow in soil and use a 4" blower with a carbon scrubber for the exhaust and a little 4" in line fan for the intake plus some smaller fans to circulate inside the tent
i would like to see some pics of your tent set up and what you produce.
if you have any little tricks you wanna share that would be great too thanks for all the help
here are some pics of my set up and what i do with it :rasta:

Last edited:
4x4, 2 600 watt digitals. Dwc recircling 9 bucket. 6 inch tubes.

Those are some sweet pics sir. I'm been to non recircle but a week a way from total efficiency running dsd , I will let you the results. I got maybe two grows to hit homers before the summer sets in.

G

gdawg

suite nice setup bro! ever try the coco? you would never touch soil again except when you walk outside:)

no iv never tried coco what are the benefits?
iv been using fox farm ocean forest its been working but I'm always looking to make it better.

rr14

I'm running a 3 by 3. I'm still fine tuning it. I did one of those masonry trays from lowes for my ebb and flow tray. I run a 600 watt air cooled. I yielded about 4z's off a 400 last time. This time I'm scrogging so hopefully I'll see 4 times that off the 600.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Hydrohut mini 3x3, 250-400w mh/hps....awaiting my new canvas because of the recall...

Tents are awesome systems. :joint:

-Funk

sergio

FunkBomb said:
Hydrohut mini 3x3, 250-400w mh/hps....awaiting my new canvas because of the recall...

Tents are awesome systems. :joint:

-Funk

bad news with your recalled canvas, i just got one of their new huts and they bleach exactly the same way the plants... i hate to share bad news but the same just happened to me...

hurricane

Greetings, figured I might as well join the thread :wave:. Right now i have 400W CMH burning in a HydroHut Mini. 16 Plants running in a tight SOG this first run(didn't want to wait with vegging since i havn't grown in awhile). We are just about the middle of flowering. Not the best grow ever, but for me its not too bad. Dont have any hut harvest pics, so you'll have to do with this one of my plants 27 days into flower.

sergio said:
bad news with your recalled canvas, i just got one of their new huts and they bleach exactly the same way the plants... i hate to share bad news but the same just happened to me...

You have a grow journal, at another site perhaps you could point us to? Its just you have 3 posts and no pictures, and i'd like to see a full(meaning detailed, not necessarily complete) grow journal, with weekly or bi-weekly pictures, that ended up having the HH 'bad room syndrome' to better guage if any problems other hut growers might have are related to the room, or the grower:) And to be specific, the only plant sickness related directly to the hut is when the plants bleach out to yellow/white from the center out on new growth?

Hurricane

Last edited:

gregor_mendel

no iv never tried coco what are the benefits?
iv been using fox farm ocean forest its been working but I'm always looking to make it better.

While coco looks like peat, it is more similar to rockwool, in that it has at least 20% air when soaked (given that it is allowed to drain well). Bottom line is that it is difficult to overwater.

You have a grow journal, at another site perhaps you could point us to? Its just you have 3 posts and no pictures, and i'd like to see a full(meaning detailed, not necessarily complete) grow journal, with weekly or bi-weekly pictures, that ended up having the HH 'bad room syndrome' to better guage if any problems other hut growers might have are related to the room, or the grower:) And to be specific, the only plant sickness related directly to the hut is when the plants bleach out to yellow/white from the center out on new growth?

This problem is well documented on this site. Sergio shouldn't have to defend this statement at this point.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=81559&highlight=hydro+hut
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=65544&highlight=hydro+hut
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=78802&highlight=hydro+hut
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=77070&highlight=hydro+hut

wow 16 plants in a 3x3 that's great hurricane that's packing them in
thanks for the info on the coco gregor_mendel do you use straight coco or do you mix with soil? thanks again for all the great info from all who passed through. :rasta:

clowntown

Veteran
I'm sorry to break the bad news to you, but I have a feeling there's a male in your growroom... :nono: :nono: :nono:

suiteflyer said:
24400DSC00989.JPG

Last edited:

mudvaynefan

Really nice grow. I think packing them in the way you do is really going to make it worth your while.

It seems if your not using the space to full production capacity, your missing out.:bashhead:

You sir, are getting all you paid for with that hut. :headbange . Its good to see examples of really non complicated grows, that produce connoisseur grade smoke and a large supply(for head, thats an adequate supply). :joint:

It shows others just what is possible, nay, what should be expected with a set up like this.

For the initial investment, wich can be large if done all at once, the way you grow actually pays for itself in about what, 3-5 months? :lurk:

yes i would have to agree with you mudvaynefan you gotta pack them in :yes:
i just got this cool little in line 4" fan for the intake of my hh 3x3 i have this sock type filter attached to it i think it makes a difference here's a pic

Gemini

Hey everyone, I have a hydrohut mini that I am about to put some clones in. I was wondering if this a problem that can be minimized by covering the vinyl walls with some other kind of plastic? Sort of cover all the inside walls with panda plastic. Or wil the leaching come through anyway? Does anyone think this will help. I don't have enough time to send this back and wait until I get a new one. Any help is appreciated.

Gemini

Gemini i think if you do indeed have an affected tent covering the walls just wont cut it. the gassing off is due to heat and the walls your covering will probably still get hot.. that's my guess you could try it let me know how it works out you could also try to keep your exhaust fan on 24/7 but you should exhaust outside good luck :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts