What's new

The Original Happy Brother back cross project

K

Karma Genetics

The Happy Brother seed project

The goal of this project is to get seeds of my clone only strain that is called Happy Brother.
I don’t want to make fem seeds otherwise it would have been a fast story, but I want normal seeds that really represent this very special plant.

As not many people know this strain I will start with a little info on it.

When I was working in a coffeeshop in 1996 we used to get some weed called Happy Brother
It was the strongest herb I smoked in those years. As I was also growing at that time I really wanted to grow this oh so tasty herb myself. So I asked that supplier if I could get some seeds from it. He told me he got the herb from an old Rasta man in Amsterdam. The brother of this Rasta grew this herb for his brother because he was paralyzed, the original grower said he made it but I don’t think so because he did not have any seeds. Then it went silent and I didn’t see this supplier for almost 2 years. In 1998 he came walking in with a new supplier of the Happy Brother and he brought me 3 clones’ that really looked like shit. The first grow I did with it was so special to see a plant produce my most favourite smoke. And up to this day it still is my most favourite smoke.

It is not a big yielder, but it’s very strong against insects and diseases. It makes rock hard little nugs that don’t shrink much when dried. It flowers for about 9 to 10 weeks.

But the taste and the effect is what this is all about. The taste is very hard for me to describe I have not smoked any other herb that tastes like this. I am sure all smokers will really like the taste.

The Project.

I tried crossing it with many strains over the years and I think the best of them is the Happy Brother X ChoclateChunk from THseeds. What I want to do is selecting a good male from this to back cross on the original clone. Then I want to select the best male of that (Happy Brother x Choclate Chunk) x Happy Brother. And cross that again with the original clone.

Making it (Happy Brother x Choclate Chunk) x Happy Brother) X Happy Brother.
I don’t know if you can call this a Happy Brother BX2 because of the Choclate Chunk in there.

The males I will be looking for should have the most Happy Brother traits of course.

Here are some shots off the Original Happy Brother clone.

DSC02024.jpg

DSC01877.jpg

DSC01875.jpg

DSC01843.jpg

11133hb1710072.JPG

11133HBMinibud.JPG

Last edited:

exactlywatt

Wow, that's some really nice looking bud! This sounds like a great project, that lady looks deserving of a seed line for sure!

K

Karma Genetics

The seeds will be planted tomorow. Sorry for the bad pic bt i have a new camera.
Its a Nikon D70 and i am not yet used to it. I shold be able to make better pic's with it then with my Sony Cybershot. Still need lot of practise

K

Karma Genetics

I planted the first 12 seeds today. Now the waiting begins .....

Great project man! I'm gonna follow this intensely.

It's a real shame you can't get hold of any original HB seeds though. I'd love to grow this fine lady!

K

Karma Genetics

Josh-Skunker : There are no original seeds of the HB otherwise i would have found them afther all these years. I looked and asked almost everybody from the Dutch scene. Anyone i asked and showed the HB never saw the strain before. Its one big mistery. I would love to know more background on this strain. But i ques it's like the last of the family.......... I think it will take maybe a year to get where i wanne go.
and then the seeds should be availebel somewhere.

K

Karma Genetics

The 12 seeds popped there heads.......

They will be in these containers till they show sex. Then they will be repotted and the fem's will go in an other flower room. The Original HB clones will go in afther 2 weeks i think...

Karma Genetics said:
Josh-Skunker : There are no original seeds of the HB otherwise i would have found them afther all these years. I looked and asked almost everybody from the Dutch scene. Anyone i asked and showed the HB never saw the strain before. Its one big mistery. I would love to know more background on this strain. But i ques it's like the last of the family.......... I think it will take maybe a year to get where i wanne go.
and then the seeds should be availebel somewhere.

Thats a real bummer man. Looks likes great strain and if you consider it as your finest strain it must be pretty good, just a shame no-one else can grow this fine erb. :bashhead:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Sounds interesting :chin:
Looks tasty :yummy:

I'll definately be keeping up with this one when I can :yes:

Best of luck finding exactly what you're looking for my friend :ying:

K

Karma Genetics

When i have succes and get to a bx1 i will share some of them with you all. I will then continue my project...

B

bon

nice looking plant, great leaf structure! Looks like a keeper :joint:
Good luck with the new camera...

cheers

The Iceman

She looks like she has some Kush in her for sure...good luck with the project as I love seeing this kind of thing

K

Karma Genetics

The Litle Happy Choclates are doing fine. They are in a bit of a heavy soil so they may show some nute burn in a week. But i think they can handle there hot feets..........

Not much to see yet but here is a pic of the seedlings to show the litle progres.....

DSC02241.jpg

G.A.

Green Ambassador
Veteran
Hi Karma,

I am happy brother!

Good luck and have a great holiday...

Respect, G.A.

030208Happyweed.jpg

looks amazing!!! Karma, what is your intention with this strain? Do you intend to market it on the bay etc????

Good luck to you!

Latest posts

Latest posts