What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hydro Hut Deluxe Replacement - More Yellow Growth? (Pics Inside)

s0cK3y3

Okay, I am not sure if I am just having a noobie nutrient issue or if I am in denial. Here are some pictuers of the same plants I posted earlier that almost killed by my first HH Deluxe. I got a replacement in the mail with white poles, a bit larger as well. I set up this drip system (my first time) along with new tubs, new airstones etc. I am very new to this bubbler system as well. Nonetheless I put up my new HH and tossed my babies in it. Today is the third full day, there seems to be growth unlike before...although I do see some yellow. My pH is 7.0-7.2, no ppm measurement available sorry. I added roughly 15-20ml of CalMag 2-0-0, Hydroguard and PureBlend 3-1.5-4 per two gallons of water.

Is this yellowing HydroHut related? Or Nutrient? Or something else? Please let me know what you think. Thanks much.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Nope dude, HH related :( If ya don't belive me, let them yellow a little more and than remove them from the huts, you will find out real quick.
Have not seen one person who has cleaned there huts, nor have exchanged ones that worked for them.

No matter what ya do, they just don't work :(

Sorry to hear about that Sockeye.
How long have those plants been in there?

G

u gotta leave those things outside for at least 2 weeks before using it

lordjack

"My pH is 7.0-7.2," ....

thats way too high, it should be as close to 5.8 as possible, your pH causes nutrient lockup...so i say the yellowing is because of nitrogen lockup.

s0cK3y3

Gosh but they look even worse today...Yellow in the middle. Can you please tell me if I can just add pH down or if I need to do something different?

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
In my HH mini I had the yellow leaf problem pretty bad. It started off looking like a deficiency/toxicity, but after a while the whole leaf would yellow off, then start turning a light brown. At that point the whole leaf was completely dry, discolored and fell off. I've grown in soil many times and never thought I could mess up a plant that bad. All along I thought it was me, then I come to find out it was my HH. I wish I got a Homebox, period.

Best of luck

-Funk

G

I just bought a can of Krylon spray paint designed for plastic to coat the bottom of a clear bubble cloner tub. So, it just occurred to me…….has anyone tried to coat the inside of one of these grow tents with anything to seal off the vinyl from out gassing into the grow environment? If all else fails, it might be worth a try to spray white paint on the inside surface.

Burn-z

You should get them out of that H.H.

Just because it is the replacement doesnt mean they have thier problems figured out at H.H.

Sure your p.h. was to high but that didnt stop them from going yellow untill you put them in the Hut??

G

it is suspected the new supplier for the canvas didnt cure it right before leaving the factory..High heat and strong UV light is needed to cure them..it's not the polls..

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
CannaSavant said:
it is suspected the new supplier for the canvas didnt cure it right before leaving the factory..High heat and strong UV light is needed to cure them..it's not the polls..

People have already tried this and even let them air outside for months and still no luck.

s0cK3y3

Oh Snap....I guess I will pull them down and improvise .....

I will take a picture of them after just four days......just for arguments sake. Thanks all for the input. Seriously /bow

welshbreader_1

Im lucky then I have a problem like this in my 1.4-2.0 grow box and the guy as offered a refund!?
Shall be ripping the refund from his hands

lovebushes

Hello again. I went through this problem, found this thread (thankfuly) and ripped down the old HH. I started something new with no HH and HH sent me a replacement. Everything was fine with my kids-I then aired out the new HH and set it up (stupidly) next to what was already going. I didnt even put my kids inside and within a few days the HH SYNDROME kicked in again, just being in the same room. The SYNDROME is an efficient killer. It can completely shut down all there functions. I noticed that the kids that were previously exposed (2 months ago) reacted faster then ones that hadnt. I am going back to old school methods. Wood, drywall, paint never do this. My home supply store has styrofoam sheets (8x4) that also work great as temp walls and they are 7 bucks a pop. Thanks HH for #$%^%* me out of 6 months of my lovebushes. Thanks Community for bringing this problem to light.

Peace

G

"People have already tried this and even let them air outside for months and still no luck."

Come on Stitch stop pulling crap out of your ass, nobody has documented airing out their HydroHut for "months." The problem only came to light about 2 months ago. I'm still yet to see a complete documentation of the replacement Huts. I just finished soaking the new poles, and rubbing the canvas down with alcohol, so I guess I'll see first hand, but please... keep it within your realm.

- Stifler

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
I can't for the life of me see why you would blame a hydro hut when maintaining a ph of 7 and not knowing your ppms/tds. You can't even have the slightest idea of what is wrong with parameters like that.

Whoever told you to get a good ph/tds meter had the right idea and read, read, read.

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
Weedhound said:
I can't for the life of me see why you would blame a hydro hut when maintaining a ph of 7 and not knowing your ppms/tds. You can't even have the slightest idea of what is wrong with parameters like that.

Whoever told you to get a good ph/tds meter had the right idea and read, read, read.

though you are partially right.. HH syndrom is very very real, plants within days or hours in some cases show what looks like a def of some sort.. mostly and iron def not a N def. i was sure that a def was my problem till i realized that everything that i grew not in the HH was green and healthy. there are many successful growers that run hydro without a meter. i do great in veg... no meters except ph strips. my 2 flower attempts have been ruined by the hydro hut, so explain to me in the time between vegging 1 day and flowering the next in the same exact tub that they have been in would show such a markable change in 2 days?? this has happened to me 2 times.. and the constant.. the hydro hut. you can see that being the problems till you see it first hand.. and see all your months of hard work go down the drain in less than a week. its real, they are poisonous. do some research b4 you say that you cant understand something...

i dont mean to come off rude, as it may have, its just that some people are so ready to offer an explaination without really doing any research, how can someone expect to understand something without knowing about the problem to begin with?
these happened within a weeks time, i too thought i had a nute deficency, or an algea problem.. turns out.. not the case.. cause the soil plants that went in after them started to look the same after only a day or 2.

hydro

soil.

slowly recovering.

Last edited:

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
So I've gone off and read part of the other thread on the HH issues. Yes, there are some....but in order to find out exactly what the problem is in YOUR plants case the best approach is probably NOT to do everything with such poor parameters and then make a guess. At least that's not how I woul approach the problem, especially since checking and/or correcting such issues may make the difference in your grow.

My understanding from the brief thread (13 pages I read) on it talked about possible asphyxiation of the plants due to gasses coming off the vinyl or plastic or "poles" being the problem. There's only one way to know if it is that for sure.....take them out and see if they improve.

Good luck and I hope you find the problem.

Last edited: