What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super simple ebb & flow buckets

Bonzo

Veteran
Hello and happy holidays to all :wave: This is my first thread and my computer skills are lacking so bear with me. I am a medical MJ user and decided to start growing my own again about 6 months ago. My first grow i used 3 Waterfarms given to me by a friend. They woked well but in my small space, 2'x3'x8', and without a controller and rez, they were a pain in the ass to maintain. Ebb & flow always worked well for me so i started doing a little research. The Multi Flow really caught my eye but the price made my head hurt :eek: Also, the seperate rez and controller were a problem as well. I found a neat system that used 2 liter bottles and 16 oz solo cups that used a PVC "grid" with an overflow to controll the height of flood. So i decided to combine the two using 3.5 gallon Multi Flow style buckets.

G

Wow, that's a super innovative design. Very cool! Look at that plant growth- unbelievable. :smile: Can't wait to see more of this system in action. :joint:

Bonzo

Veteran
Good mornin Shorts! nice to see you here :smile: pretty neat system isnt it. Im kinda lazy and this thing is turning out to be the most user friendly system i have ever used. I ran into some problems with the plants about a week before putting them in this system but they have recovered pretty good. some more pics;

G

merry christmas ,,,,,,,,they look super nice what are they ????????

Bonzo

Veteran
Merry Christmas Hazy and Fuzzy&Sauce! Thanks and thanks for droppin in! They are Golden Skush, a freebie from SD. I ordered some Cali-O and got these with it. Pretty killer stuff, has some interesting traits. Does not start actually flowering untill about 20 days into 12/12, and one of my favorite things is allmost no stretch! the Cali-O ended up about 5' tall and the GS barely reached 3'. Pretty nice for small spaces. The buds on the mother were large and very compact (i had a mold problem) but i kinda messed up the nutes with these so i dont think there going to be as big. We'll see. Thanks again you guys and have a great day!

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
Yes Bonzo those are some fat girls... but hey we dont like them skinny ones anyways!!! lol Looks like your fattening her up nicely.

Bonzo

Veteran
Hi HOG, Hi Sunnyside! Merry Christmas! Thanks for stoppin by!. :smile: They are at day 30 of 12/12 and about day 15 of actual flowering, this Golden Skush takes a while to get going. I read through Ezozos thread and he encountered the same thing,15 to 20 days till they start showing. No we dont like em skinny! Fat bottom girlies! The fatter the better! :yummy: peace

I dont have a camera at the moment so i borrowed a friends and took a bunch of photos at once. i will try to take more in a few days as they get fatter! peace again :smile:

PIMPIN'

PIMPIN'

THATS another G set up if i've seen 1...thanx 2 H.o.G i seen several lmao...man thats last pic is crazy :canabis: i'd nominate it 4 pic of the month!!! OFF TOP

Keep it G-(rowing)

Bonzo

Veteran
Hey Narkotix, if G stands for ghetto, i can dig it, Ghetto is the only way to go, thanks man. Hello 1/2man1/2amazin this is the first run with the buckets so i dont know about yield. My first run with 3 WaterFarms yeilded around 6 or 7 ounces, so we'll see what happens! Im using a 400w hps, thinking about stuffing a 1k in there to finish them but i think that might be a little too much for the space. Thanks for stoppin buy!

Bonzo

Veteran
Good evening! :smile: Thanks sunny, i have been wondering about that, very cool :smile: I changed the rez and flushed with Flora Kleen, does anyone know if its ok to flush with that stuff every rez change? or should i flush every second or third change. What is Flora Kleen anyway, H202? I am using GH Flora Nova series one part nutrients with Floralicious Bloom, Hygrozyme and maybe a little dose of Canna PK13/14. I think im becoming an additive junkie and that stuff is expensive :eek: Gonna have to do a side by side grow with and without the additives cause i cant really tell if this stuff is actually working or not :confused: Anyhow i filled my rez with 13 gallons tap water and added; 30 tsp FN Bloom, 10 tsp Floralicious Bloom and 20 tsp Hygrozyme. I went a tad stronger than last week with the FN and Floralicious. The girls are looking pretty darn nice and i will have new pics probably by friday :smile: Thank you all again for your support :wave: Heres a couple pics of my last grow in the waterfarms; first one is Cali-O, second is Golden Skush mother of current grow :smile:

Bonzo

Veteran
Hi Jeri, or should i say Seven of Nine, welcome :smile: thanks for dropin in. It is a VERY user friendly system. I have been changing nutrients once a week just to be doing something. This is the first one ive built and so far its smooth as silk. :D Thanks again.

Latest posts

Latest posts