What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BIG GROW! SOG

Mr Celsius said:
stoney, I don't really think it matters what company of nutrients you use. I believe the only thing that matters are correct NPK & micro ratios. There is something to be said about Ph stability over time with certain companies. I found AN to be horrible about ph fluctuations. GH became my personal favorite because of the lucas ratio and the fact that you never have to change your res. It's extremely ph stable and you just need to top off. If you want to learn more about cannabis nutrient profiles and calculate the ratios in any product you can go here: http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm

I'm strictly organic at this point, but I found a product called Sugar Peak. I have yet to confirm how organic it is. Unfortunately I will probably have to change the res out every week.

i think you're right about the npk & micro ratios. i never thought a plant could tell the difference between name brand nutes from the knockoff, but i did get caught up in the AN hype. i can't tell you about AN's ph flux cause i stopped monitoring it. i know i used a lot of ph down when i was adjusting, never ph up.

i picked up some gh flora nutes to test out the lucas formula and rez's formula side. lucas got my attention with ph stable and low maintenance as a description. did you use ro water w/ lucas formula? i'm thinking about investing in one. i was looking at the hydrologic stealth 200. any suggestions? did you ph adjust it at all with the lucas formula? when you topped off, did you use just water or did you use the addback formula? i'm looking for something where i don't have to change the res for the whole cycle. AN is treating me decently but i want to do side by side experimenting. right now i use veg nutes up until 2 weeks of flowering (only topping off during veg), then empty out the res and switch to flowering nutes without changing the res again til the 5 day flush at the end.

you noticed any major difference in organic bud vs synthetic? also, thanks for the apology (though its not needed), i should've been more clear about what i meant.

Last edited:

stoney419

your right i don't no a whole lot about ferts but i spent a lot on an stuff i don't no why but i bought a shit load of their stuff i still got a ton of it if i post a pic of it all stacked up you would not belive it i had big planes and got caught up in the hype i mean i did get like 40% off plus free shiping but my plants just never looked happy untill i switched to the tri flex
but want to lean more from you Mr.celsius on what to feed i just want my girls to be happy :jump:

stoney, i just reread the whole thread again and have a few more questions:

1. are you using co2 with a/c, if so, generator or tank; or intake and exhaust vents?
2. what are you using for odor control?
3. i saw a red ace trash can in one of your pics, is that the container the ro is ending up in? if so, how many gallons is that? i was told that i shouldn't use a garbage can as a res cause they split open from the water being inside.

stoney419

1.yes a co2 gen sealed room 5 ton ac package unit like for a mobile home
2.a can filter 120 I think it is ducted over to the cold air return
3.the red trash can is for plant material I don't ro my water I use to but it just waist to much back then I had an extra 70 gal RES
and them 100 gal RES are the shit I think but every thing they sale at ngc you can get on ebay and ol boy will hook you up

Last edited:

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
i picked up some gh flora nutes to test out the lucas formula and rez's formula side. lucas got my attention with ph stable and low maintenance as a description. did you use ro water w/ lucas formula? i'm thinking about investing in one. i was looking at the hydrologic stealth 200. any suggestions? did you ph adjust it at all with the lucas formula? when you topped off, did you use just water or did you use the addback formula? i'm looking for something where i don't have to change the res for the whole cycle. AN is treating me decently but i want to do side by side experimenting. right now i use veg nutes up until 2 weeks of flowering (only topping off during veg), then empty out the res and switch to flowering nutes without changing the res again til the 5 day flush at the end.

you noticed any major difference in organic bud vs synthetic? also, thanks for the apology (though its not needed), i should've been more clear about what i meant.

With a Lucas formula, if using it with hard water (tap water), you would use GH micro hardwater. It doesn't have calcium or magnesium added, which is what is in your tap water.

If you wanted to get an RO machine (which I always like with hydro nutrients) then you would stick with normal GH micro. By the way, you can use AN's 3 part can work with the same ratios. I suggest looking on ebay for RO units, its the best value.

I never added ph up or down to the lucas formula, if your ph is low, then add water, if your ph is high, add nutrients.

About organic vs. synthetics: Organics yield less, smoke/smell/look better (all opinion). Synthetics yield more, look frostier, are more chronic but tend to taste and smell worst. If you wanted to grow synthetically, but seem like you're organic you would use PBP and heavily flush.

I don't sell, but organic tends to fetch more money and moves quicker. Where I live is heavily saturated with weed, so organic is a smart market standpoint. The narrow-sighted people grow synthetically because they get more, but get paid less and have a harder time selling it, while the organic guys don't yield as much but as soon as its ready, its gone and fetchs more.

Well simply put, the most efficient way to grow most strains is 100ppm N, 100ppm P, 200ppm K. You should goto the cannastats page and you'll learn about ideal nutrient profiles. Mind you, every strain is different and sativas tend to be more finiky/harder to grow while indicas tend to be more forgiving.

stoney419

yes your right i know but I had a 5 ton package unit it was new but I picked at an auction it had a dent but didn't hurt the way it worked a I only paid like 500.00 bucks so I couldn't pass it up

Mr Celsius- Although I do agree that you need 4k btu/ 1kw lighting, there is an error in your math.

12,000 btu = 1 ton

2 600w hoods per 4x8 = 1.2kw x 8 trays = 9.6kw

9.6 kw lighting x 4,000btu = 38,400 btu/12,000= 3.2 ton A/C

Stoney- whatever you are doing is working great for you with yields like that. Your statement about a 6' walk way would definately be overkill. A room running at maximum efficiency requires an individual to walk down the walk way sideways. You could cram alot more light in there assuming your electrical is permitting.

Last edited:
Mr Celsius said:
With a Lucas formula, if using it with hard water (tap water), you would use GH micro hardwater. It doesn't have calcium or magnesium added, which is what is in your tap water.

If you wanted to get an RO machine (which I always like with hydro nutrients) then you would stick with normal GH micro. By the way, you can use AN's 3 part can work with the same ratios. I suggest looking on ebay for RO units, its the best value.

I never added ph up or down to the lucas formula, if your ph is low, then add water, if your ph is high, add nutrients.

About organic vs. synthetics: Organics yield less, smoke/smell/look better (all opinion). Synthetics yield more, look frostier, are more chronic but tend to taste and smell worst. If you wanted to grow synthetically, but seem like you're organic you would use PBP and heavily flush.

I don't sell, but organic tends to fetch more money and moves quicker. Where I live is heavily saturated with weed, so organic is a smart market standpoint. The narrow-sighted people grow synthetically because they get more, but get paid less and have a harder time selling it, while the organic guys don't yield as much but as soon as its ready, its gone and fetchs more.

Well simply put, the most efficient way to grow most strains is 100ppm N, 100ppm P, 200ppm K. You should goto the cannastats page and you'll learn about ideal nutrient profiles. Mind you, every strain is different and sativas tend to be more finiky/harder to grow while indicas tend to be more forgiving.

Not everyones tap water is HARD. My tap water is 6.8 pH and 10 ppms right outta the tap. Basically RO water.

Y

yamaha_1fan

The price difference between a 3-5 ton unit is not much in the grand scheme of things. Then you have DH and other items heating up the room. Plus if its 90 outside and you have 20KW of lighting, not only are you trying to offset the lights, you are are trying to offset the high heat.

Plus a bigger unit runs less and gets the job done that much quicker.

O

ogatec

geez stoney! seed list please...also who did u use for the order? i want to get 10 packs of kali mist & i have been out of the seed game for a while...

Last edited:
I just re-read this whole post again lol I just want to say you have a very nice set up. I plan on doing something similiar. I too am growing in a barn as you can probably tell by the name lol. I want to use 4 600 watt lights per 4x8 table but I will only have 2 tables to start off . I want to get were I am just filling the tables and putting them straight to flower so I can have a new table going every 2 1/2 months. Now when your done do you re-use the hydroton? if you do what kind of process do you have for cleaning it out that right there would be a ton of work I would think. I too am surprised like the guy above that your roots don't get tangled in the ezcloner. I got a deal on one on ebay guy was selling a brand new one for a used price and wanted to maybe use it like you have but I was worried about the roots tangling together. When you do use it are you using any nutes before you see roots or do you wait till they root? also what size reservoir will I need you think for a 4x8 table? I am sure I will think of a ton more questions for you lol!!

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Sup Stoney ??
Very nice looking set up ya got there. PROPS !!!

I have something similar and am running 12 - 600 watt HPS over four 3'x6' tables. That is 3-600s over each table.

I've been thinking about running two 600s over each table on a light mover to help reduce energy and HEAT issues. Especially with summer just around the corner.

Have you come to a conclusion on your two light verses 3 light test? Any less in yield? Possible increase?

Keep up the good work bro !!

Pirate :headbange

Murphy

The pics of the seeds are great but, let's get some of them crackin', I'm ready for the next show! What's coming first in the line up?

stoney419

up date

up date

thank you grey skull
got some new pics as soon as i can post them i will .................. harvest pics !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts