What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hmm PC CASE BUILT

Oaklandish

Not sure exactly how to get the pictures to show up in the post but..

Looking for feedback, what should be different, etc.

92mm fan [Exhaust] (filtered)

80mm fan [Intake]

2x 120mm fans (one filtered) [Other is intake]

4-fan variable speed controller.. Pretty handy, allows me to control temps to my liking.

For lights, I'm using two 42watt cfl's.

Last edited:

Mr. Chillum

It's looking pretty good so far Oaklandish. It looks like you might be a little limited on height because of your light setup: have you thought about whether you're going to scrog or LST your ladies? Also, is that a scrubber on the bottom right of the last picture? It looks pretty cool, dude. Good luck!

Oaklandish

Yes, that is a scrubber on the bottom right, however I think its airflow is too restricted, I will have to go back into it and make some changes.

My original plan was scrog, but I am open to suggestions.

Oaklandish

It's running at 75 fahrenheit, 41% humidity, what are the ideal numbers I should be looking for?

Last edited:
G

Nice set up but u should just toss your power supply and get a 12v adapter u will have more space.your temp is fine.Whats the watts on the bulbs?

Oaklandish

That's the thing, the controller I am using is powered by a computer molex connection.. it's a 12v, ground, 5v, ground.. I tried running it with just a 12v adapter, and that did not work, I suppose I could also connect a 5v line with another adapter, but the power supply was free so I used what I had accessible.

There are two 42w bulbs..

Last edited:

Floro Joe

Gotta get those lights higher bro,I'd come through the side and mount that 'Y' horizontally,or rig up some new sockets all together.I'd put in a 2 plant SCROG,in a small window box.

Last edited:

b10narybud

side mount your lights....look at my pc...

Install more lights....look at my pc

line it all with mylar.....

light trap those vents.....

GET RID OF THE >>>EYE-CATCHING<<<< LED LIGHTS..this is a grow box...not a "dude..sweet computer...computer".....less ppl who wonder...safer you are....just lookin out for you...

but....all in all....

me likey likey

Oaklandish

In regards to the LEDs on the controller, I agree they need to be gone, I ordered it online, so I wasn't able to test it before I bought it, but it works well, so I will just snip the connection to the led lights.

Last edited:

Oaklandish

It would be nice to side mount the lights, problem is, I'm unsure of how to wire something like that, and I haven't been able to find a bathroom vanity fixture that holds 4-6 bulbs... Any hints as to where I can go for something like that?

thatonedutchkid

how many plants are you planning to have in there?

i've got basically the same size CPU case, it may be a little taller but nothing drastic.

Once I get my lights they're gonna be side mounted, that'll deff. get you much more space once the plant really starts to mature. I think if you keep your lights the way they are once your plants get taller, you may end up needing to reconfigure your setup.

Tactik

Oaklandish said:
It would be nice to side mount the lights, problem is, I'm unsure of how to wire something like that, and I haven't been able to find a bathroom vanity fixture that holds 4-6 bulbs... Any hints as to where I can go for something like that?

home depot or wal mart or something to that extent.... they shouldn't be too hard to find :joint:

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
Oaklandish said:
i recently used a 4 socket bathroom fixture in my veg closet, and after install (a few hours ago) i dont think they can/would fit into a PC case (length wise). but check it out, since i dont know what size the case actually is.

oh and dont be out off by the size of the fixture!! remember, you are gonna take whatever is on the inside and throw the outside away!! i say that because the one i used had a wood cover.

they are easy to wire (if your not familiar with the whole "black wire/ white wire" setup then you really need to do some more reading) dont get scared/put off by the warnings. as long as your careful about what you do, once youve read enough, you will be ok to rewire what you need to. remember to cap all your connections, and leave nothing exposed, and connect your ground wire, and if you can wear rubber gloves(not a necessity but a safety precaution )

thatonedutchkid

Oaklandish said:
you could try getting the powerstrip in your case, glue it, or secure up at the top with the sockets facing outward, get some adapters (i heard you can get them at wal-mart for something like 75 cents a piece), plug em in and your good to go.

thats what i'm going to be trying...

Oaklandish

FRANKENBLUNT420 said:
oh and dont be out off by the size of the fixture!! remember, you are gonna take whatever is on the inside and throw the outside away!! i say that because the one i used had a wood cover.

:wallbash: I wasn't keeping that in consideration when I was looking at them.. Thanks, I'll be going to the store tomorrow. :D