What's new

Manatuska Thunder****?

G

Hey folks I am up here visiting Alaska for the week and may have a line on som Manatuska seeds.(gift) Just wondering if this strain is worth the time and effort when I am already working Jhonny Blaze from DJ and Legends and have my own wonderfull AsiaGirl cross. Not to mention the SOL sweet blue on order!

Any smoke/grow reports?

Thanks alot.

Azeotrope

romdog11

me too i want seeds!! im runniong dr greenthumbs line right now and yet to smoke them but ive only heard good things about this strain.

G

Thanks for the input. I am not a big indica fan, but maybe a good cross with the willijuana I have and or some haze lines I run. I think I will grab some for down the road.

Thanks again,

Azeotrope

G

Hey i smoked some of the real deal matanuska tundra, and it is actually more of a sativa bud. Some of the best i have smoked in fact.. only sativa that i liked better was trainwreck.
i would definately get some of these if they are real..

LARGE COLAS, easy to trim, all around great commercial bud. You be very lucky to recieve some of those from a northern friend. If you have to "Kiester" um on a plane, it'll be worth the discomfort when they flower.

G

Talking to the locals up here it sounds like the true Thunder**** has died out in its original form and all that is available today has been crossed out to some extent. Still some great buds and some report that current lines are still simillar and worth the time to grow. I think I will give it a run. It is really hard to know what you got these days. Still I can confirm that the local "Manatuska" smoke from the valley is kick ass.

All thoughts and input/comments welcome. Thank you all for the input so far.

G

gmb

According to a few of the guys on here, MTF is still alive & kickin, but it'll be tricky to get your hands on it. If I remember correctly, it's passed around in tight circles like many "legendary" strains are. Like I said, just something I remember reading a year or so ago..but I'm not positive.

Rgd

Veteran
gmb said:
According to a few of the guys on here, MTF is still alive & kickin, but it'll be tricky to get your hands on it. If I remember correctly, it's passed around in tight circles like many "legendary" strains are. Like I said, just something I remember reading a year or so ago..but I'm not positive.

Due to mtf bein around in at least the 60's there is much to be said abaout the lore that it was basically a sativa.
Then from what i have gleaned from ak forums etc, it was crossed to an indica.
That was apparently several decades ago, and that is what people call
alaskan tf today.There are also people still working with the sativa
mtf i'll bet, but most people want the indica look and from pictures i have seen of it it is a good yielder too.The more sativa mtf is an excellent yielder too but is not as short and squat.
And of course i'm not positive about anything either except the moostly sativa mtf i have is one of the very best plants i have ever had.
My compliments to those who have access to genetics up there!!

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Ah the legendary MTF (Matanuska Thunder****)

Anywho: I have not had any real MTF since the early 90's. If you can get some beans I would jump on it! Top shelf smoke. Tough to come by in my circle of friends.

Not to say that it isn't out there in some backwoods grow op in the valley or wherever.. On OG I did see a few grows of MTF by some local hobby growers so I guess its still out there.

I have seen some seedbanks offering MTF genetics. Off the top of my head so

Reeferman- Kodiak Gold
Sagmathra- Matanuska Tundra
G13- MTF x G13

:joint:

NOKUY

Veteran
yes there are some seedbank versions... I havent tried any of them....so no comment.

I am VERY fam. w/ the real deal MTF tho.

I got clones and can still get clones from a friend who is an Alaskan Hells Angel. (this story is on here elsewhere)

tru MTF won't be from seed unless u can get an S1...but I have NEVER heard of anyone self-crossing an MTF...and I tried and tried...and I know others who have tried and tried.

MTX x whatever are out there and they are usually killer.

I have (MTF og clone X Blockhead)...and have sum plans for future MTF crosses when I'm back in alaska.

If you have real-deal MTF you will only have a clone and you will know the story of where it came from....there is no other way as far as I know.

my cut came like i said from a hells angel, and I worked w/ him on a commercial fishing boat for months before i even knew that he smoked bud.....much less grew.

MTF is the BEST weed of all..and I dont care who wants to argue that.

the only reason I even smoke weed is because of MTF...if I had started smoking other crap I woulden't even smoke.

I'm a "pot snob" so I yeah I do smoke other strains, but if it aint homegrown and I dont know what it is i dont smoke it.

are these mtf beans s1's?

you'll be damn lucky if you can get them. (if they aren't from a biker or a friend of a biker I'd be skeptical tho)

my mtf cut

G

Still here in Anchorage without seed or clone. Folks fell through on me. I tend to believe that finding it in a "pure/orig" form from seed is highly unlikely. I have to catch a morning flight south in the AM and I am afraid I will go empty handed. I had been working along side of some guys that had some very potent, tight flavorfull, and tasty buds. Locals for that matter. They "promissed" to call me and hook me up with some seed from their source in the valley. They assured me that it was mostly Thunder****. Hard to know these days and well they left me hangn'. No worries I have good things on the rise at home as it goes anyway. I checked out Reeferman's site. Looks like all he is offering at this time is a haze cross. I love haze so maybe worth a go.

Thanks for all the input folks I realy do appreciate it. ANy one out here that is looking too unload seed? PM

G

Greyskull

NOKUY said:
If you have real-deal MTF you will only have a clone and you will know the story of where it came from....there is no other way as far as I know.

MTF is the BEST weed of all..and I dont care who wants to argue that.

you'll be damn lucky if you can get them. (if they aren't from a biker or a friend of a biker I'd be skeptical tho)

The story is almost the best part of getting MTF. Its an honor to hold such a rare specimen. I am hoping to make my source proud & jealous at the same time.

I have seen a buddy growing Dr Greenthumb's version, and 2 of the 3 didn't look like what MTF looks like (1 did, sort of/almost... better than the other 2... but not really). Just saw romdog11's thread... they looked like that.

waingro

Names Waingro. I have seeds from when I went to Adak and Kodiac I got from the locals. I do have thunder **** and Kodiac Gold. The beans were used by a breeder to make Thunder****x Metal Haze I still have alot of the beans in the freez. I have alot of pics and hundreds of strains. I can't post any pictures.

duzt

I lived in Alaska and know many people from Wasilla (where the breeder of MTF lived). It is a dead strain. He never released cuts and never made seeds and was busted and lost it all. Lots of people claim to have had cuts or seeds but the real mtf (which was very sativa dominant) isn't around anymore. Anybody from the area will tell you the same story. On the other hand, a lot of people in Alaska call any good bud "thunder****" (like crippy in florida or chronic in cali, just a term for good herb) so that could cause the confusion. And I can't believe they block out words on this site like that, it isn't a childrens site last I checked, we are all grown up here.

Last edited:

house

ATF is by far the tastiest strain I've ever tried. I recently found a seed in a local ounce too :rasta: . Good god I hope it's a girl, this strain definately needs to be worked into an IBL, seriously underated IMO

pufpufgiv

"If you have real-deal MTF you will only have a clone and you will know the story of where it came from....there is no other way as far as I know.

my cut came like i said from a hells angel, and I worked w/ him on a commercial fishing boat for months before i even knew that he smoked bud.....much less grew.

MTF is the BEST weed of all..and I dont care who wants to argue that."

I have just recently come into this strain and will agree 100% with Yukon. Best Weed Ever!!!! Yukon I would love to pick your brain on what you have learned about growing this strain. I have a clone that was entrusted to me to help keep the strain alive. It grows quite different than other strains and i've already been unsucessful trying to clone it. I don't want to argue the validity of the strain. I just want any advice on growing this strain. I cant PM you Yukon until i get 50 post. any tips on cloning this strain?

Last edited: