What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gunnar Breeding Project 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This fall and winter im going to breed out seeds from various strains and cross others and make some nice hybrids for my fellow growers to enjoy

This is the strain list i have to work with atm, but theres more coming such as DC, Nepalese Jam and others from donators and some ive ordered from SeedBay.

This is the list with genes i have atm 16th October 07

Afghan ude2006 - DCF

AK48 - Nirvana

Arjans Haze #1 FEMINALISEREDE - Greenhouse Seed Company

Big Bud ude2006 - DCF

Big Bud x NL - Nirvana

Blue Berry - Donation Szyslack

Cafeparadis 2005 udendørs 2005 - DCF

Danish Passion - DCF

Erdbeer mix (Mystery Erdbeer) - Donation / SeedSwap *Very pale seeds

Early Pearl - Donation ? Sensi Seeds

Guerrilla Gold #2 - DCF

Hashplant ude2006 - Donation ? / DCF

Jock Horror - Nirvana

Leb27 - DCF

Low Snow f2 - DCF

Malawi Gold f2 ude2006 - DCF

Misty - Nirvana

Nepal - Oldfarmer ude2006 - DCF

Nepalese Highland - Donation Maffe / Aceseeds

NG Sativa ude2006 - DCF

PP freebie -udeskunkmix - DCF

Royal Dane - DCF

Skunkmix - Seedsman

Super Skunk - Nirvana

White Widow - Donation ? / DCF

Im building an indoor growroom another place than where i live and its partly functional now but still needs insulation, ventilation and carbon filter, but its functional for limited use but since i cant heat it up yet i decided to start germing some seeds at home, and when they're ready to be transplanted into pots the room should be insulated by then.

i have space and mini garden house space for 75 plants so i decided to run the first batch out of many this fall, winter and spring.

I picked a few essential Danish land races and some more exotic ones.

Royal Dane, ( early, weather and mold resistant land race)

Lebanon 27 aka Leb27, ( early, weather and mold resistant land race. Sativa dominated).

Tophaze #Green x ErdPurt aka Hazed ErdPurt, ( strains from Switzerland. grown and crossed by a skilled and highly respected Danish breeder).

White Widow grown indoor by a danish breeder and donated for this project ( breeder and donator name got lost in a deleted thread on DCF).

Jock Horror from Nirvana

Arjans Haze #1 by GSC, FEM ( a Seedbank send me FEM seeds by mistake. I gave up on returning them for normal NON FEM seeds as the seedbank's english is horrible, or they just pretend so?)

Nepalese Highland by ACESEEDS, donated by Maffe a skilled Danish grower.

BlueBerry grown indoor in Denmark and donated by Szyslack

First thing is the soil.
I made a mix with 12 liters unfertilized potting soil.
10 liters unfertilized peat moss called Sphagnum here
Then added 15 liters Perlite which is heat expanded lava stones.

First we add the potting soil.

Then the peat moss
( my oldest dog is watching and probably thinking; why is he playing with dirt? He should get me a bone instead)

When adding the Perlite my youngest dog is probably thinking the same thing.

Finished soil mix looks like this

Heres the seeds just before going into the soil.

The seeds indoor in the soil mix.

At first this breeding project was ment to be a user chosen one, meaning that users from DFC, a Danish seedbank, would suggest crosses from the strain list and the most suggested ones would go to a voting poll where the most popular ones would be made first and then later donated to the seed bank.
But some problems regarding a seed give away project resulted in some banning and the end of using TOR proxy for visits.

I rely on TOR proxy for visiting Cannabis sites, esp in Denmark as our government passed some new laws that means every site we visit will be stored for up to one year for the police to see as a counter terrorist measure, at least so they claim- BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING).

I put my privacy and security above anything else, and therefore using friends addresses for receiving seeds and cannabis gear and always using a proxy to visit cannabis sites, so the end of using TOR proxy on DCF, also meant that its very hard for me to visit DCF although i wasnt one of the banned ones.

Since i was told that continuing the project here at Icmag, even though the seeds where still going to be donated for DCF, would result in a ban at DCF.
The original thread at DCF was deleted and some info esp on seed donators was lost :(
So i decided to bury the project.

Instead i choose myself what strains i wanna bred and crosses to make first, but im open for suggestions always.

Still gonna donate some of the seeds to DCF and danish users as give aways or seed swapping items.
Use them for seed swapping here and other places,also give some of them away to SeedBay as freebies and sell some of them there for a low price to spread the seeds all over the world.

This is the first seed run out of many and ill keep updating the seed list as it grows.

As stated before im more than open to suggestions on what seeds to germ next from the list as well as which crosses to make and also which seeds to multiply as pure seeds.

More pix coming very soon and updates to the seed list also as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
kenned said:
hvilke kryds vil du så lave??

I dont know atm what crosses do do first cause i havent decided yet.

Theres some problems and delay with DC, so i think ill start with crossing some of the 8 strains i popped first.

Royal Dane,
Lebanon 27
Tophaze #Green x ErdPurt
White Widow
Jock Horror
Arjans Haze #1
Nepalese Highland
BlueBerry

Ill be keeping clones from them so i can always later use them to cross with the strains i germ later.

Any suggestions on what crosses i should start with from the 8 first strains?

A sativa cross between Leb27 and Arjans haze could be fun and might be outdoor suited cause of the Leb27 influence

RDxJH also sounds nice or NHxWW ?

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
esbe said:
Nepalese Highland x royal dane sounds nice!

Indeed and no doubts its gonna be a nice weather resistant cross, hopefully with that nice lemon smell from RD, some of its earliness and beautiful growth structure of a highland sativa

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
promised update.

2 Royal Danes decided to surface

4 more Royal Danes and 2 Hazed ErdPurt are this moment looking like this

Last time i popped seeds in soil i had an 100 % germination rate with about 60 seeds.
I hope i get lucky also this time

Last edited:
M

Maxe-Igen

I think you should only cross the more stable outdoor strains with each other unless you are prepared to put several seasons or indoor grows into it.. then it could be fun to try and breed more potency from an indoor strain into RD or something =)

NH den er vel også sativa eller hvordan?

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maxe-Igen said:
I think you should only cross the more stable outdoor strains with each other unless you are prepared to put several seasons or indoor grows into it.. then it could be fun to try and breed more potency from an indoor strain into RD or something =)

NH den er vel også sativa eller hvordan?

I partly see you point but theres been so many potent crosses made that way that harvested nicelly in f1.
and one of them AfghanixerdPurt many ppl tell they regard one of the most potent outdoor crosses grown last year.

I think only time will tell if a cross manage to mature outside here and from what i read most of them do and ends up being very potent also.

This way ppl get the chance to try and they are more than welcome to make improved F2's them self.

Small update for today as im too tired for pix

Most of the RD and Leb27 have surfaced now and half of the Hazed ErdPurt.
The other strains expect the Nepelease Highland have all had atleast 2 seeds popping up.

More to come very soon

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
im browsing on my pc via my cellphone because my Internet is down and this is very costly so ill make it short until i get Internet again normally.

update.

Royal Dane, 9/10
Lebanon 27 9/10
Tophaze #Green x ErdPurt 6/11
White Widow 6/11
Jock Horror 8/10
Arjans Haze #1 9/9
Nepalese Highland 4/5
BlueBerry 9/10 germinated sofar

There'll be more updates with pix as soon as my internet is back and working again

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
my Internet is still not working and im therefore still on the expensive cellphone browser.

More seeds germinated but i have to wait with pix until my normal internet is back.

regarding donors to the project.
Those of you i havent got answer from.

Please send my a PM either here or on Seedshare if you wish to be mentioned with user name or remain anonymous..

Recieved a donation today with several hundre Afghan and Big Bud seeds, and even a CD whicj ill study after typing this.
Tnx Alot M8! :)

Also my Seedbay seeds where in the mail
Very fast and tnx SB for the Freebies.

More to come when im back online

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ill be offline for 2 weeks maybe 3 as im changing internet provider.
ill be visiting shortly but im on cellphone internet so dont expect me to be online very much time when i visit.

The seeds are germinating nicelly and i might even have started the 2 batch before im back, depends on how fast they make the new internet connection happen.

Ill be taking many pix in the grow as im going to update with as soon as im on more permanent connection again

CYA soon again on the green battlefield

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ill probably put the first 75 plants to an external grorum and put the next 75 seeds in soil this weekend.
Depends on whether i get finished with electricity job at the external room this weekend or not.

Stay tuned..

( no pix until i get my new internet connection up and running)

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Small text update due to the fact that im still awaiting new Internet provider, but i hope the line is up and running next week as using a cellphone plugged into the pc is both very slow and very expensive!

Today i picked up 2 nice looking envelopes at friend i use for safe addy.

One contained 50 G-Seeds which is told to be a very early and potent Danish outdoor skunk, and i look forward to testing it and use it in crosses with more late harvesting strains, for Nordic growers to enjoy.
A big tnx goes out for the donor.
I write G-seeds cause i forgot to ask the donor if he wants his nick mentioned or remain anonymous?
That goes to most of the donors for this seed project as the original thread where deleted that contained the names of the donors that didnt want to remain anonymous,
So i ask donors to send me a pm and tell me if you want you nick mentioned or not.
If i hear nothing i regard it as a wish to remain anonymous.

Next envelope is from a donor that told me long ago that he wanted to remain anonymous.
Some nice DC beans and crosses

DC(HTC) x Erocket/Danish Passion

DC x Erocket/Danish Passion

Erocket/Danish Passion x DC

Bubba Kush s1 x Erocket/Danish Passion

C99 x DC

And not least

4 pure DC beans that ill treat like gold and pray each night for both males and females!
Tnx alot m8 and especially also for the bonus ;)

The first apr 70 plants ( 4-5) havent germed yet) have now been placed under 2x600 watt at my external grow room and i have gotten some more mine pots for germinating so ill be putting the next apr 100 seeds in soil tomorrow after work.

Ill be using all the strains and crosses i received today, some of those i received from SeedBay ( Pot Of Gold, Swazi Red etc), some very nice looking Afghans from a fellow Danish Grower and some of the other strains and crosses that i have in my possession.

Only space for germinating the seeds sets the limits right now.

Ill update with pix as soon as i get a proper line again.

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
super bro, did you consider vegging under flouros and safe a lot of money on power?

dignityx

Looking forward to see the next update from you. I fully understand that you wait until your new ISP has reestablished your internet connection. Don't know the exactly price for using a cellular phone for browsing since I never do it, but it's probably rather expensive.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
esbe said:
super bro, did you consider vegging under flouros and safe a lot of money on power?
I know i can achive the same with 2-300 watt under flouros but im in time distress and i havent received the promised holders, ballasts etc for the flouros, but i have 2x25 tubes ready both in cool and warm white ready for when they arrive.
Also have to make the lamps then but right now i just needed lightning fast and wattage overkill ( without burning the plants ofcourse) is better than to few lumen.

dignityx said:
Looking forward to see the next update from you. I fully understand that you wait until your new ISP has reestablished your internet connection. Don't know the exactly price for using a cellular phone for browsing since I never do it, but it's probably rather expensive.

using cellphone is damn slow and expensive and only an emergency solution.
Before im logged into here and have checked pm and read a page or 2, ive used atleast 4-6 mb which cost 8 kr pr mb.

i hope to be online next week with my new ISP if Danish monopoly company TDC doesnt slow it down too much on purpose.
All im that keeps me from being online atm is an confirmation as they own the cubber line that my new isp is renting.
But middle December im ditching cubber as im getting fiber but for now i have to live with monopoly cubber for 1 1/2 month still.

Have prepared soil for next seedrun this weekend but didnt get time to put seeds in yet, but ill do that tommorow.

Concentrating on running the the latest donated seeds and some Afghan and maybe also some Danish Big Bud seeds ( i think they will nice crossed with DC as Big Chunk :) ).

im on a borrowed line right now so i still cant post any pix yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts