What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Harvesting Early Help Please

DarkCore

Well...this pretty much sucks.
Its my first grow and I'm moving about 21 hours or driving time away from
where I currently am. I'm taking a airplane there sunday. So I have a few questions here.. One of my plants is about a month and a half into flowering and my other plant is almost a month into flowering. Heres a few pictures:
shit1.jpg

Plant 1
shit5.jpg

Plant 1
shit6.jpg

shit7.jpg

Plant 2
Is there anyway I can harvest these plants this early? If not both, maybe just the first one?And if i did, how could i take them with me on a plane? Is there anyway this is going to work?
Any help is appreciated.

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
you cant take them on a plane, at all unless you want to move into an 8x8 cell instead of your new home.
please i mean no offense to you at all by saying this but: your plants dont look like like they have much on them nor do they look like they are worth the trouble of transporting them. your better off cutting them and smoking what you get from them. do a quick dry and enjoy them b4 you fly.. or you could make them into a small amt of canna butter and spread them on a bagel or something for your trip. you could probably make a stick of butter worth and make a small batch of brownies or something. i wouldnt not in anyform try and get them on the plane with you, its a very dumb idea. sometimes you just have to cut your losses and accept it. it happens to all of us. 1.5 months in should be enough to get you at least a little buzz. bummer to hear about your predicament.
the only thing that is plausable in my mind would be to some how take a cutting or 2 wrap it in moist papertowel around the stem, place in plastic bag and ship it to yourself at your new address, then when it gets there try and get it to root and then grow it out and start all over again.even getting it to root and revert back to veg is iffy. better off chopping them now. but either way your going to be without bud for a while.

good luck..

Endo

Last edited:

DarkCore

Thanks for all the tips there Endo. How would i go about doing a quick dry with these?
And yeah i know shes small but its my first ever plant :(

Reality

cut it and trim off the leaves.. take the buds and put them on a plate.. microwave it till they feel dry.. taste will be shit and high wont be the best buts its better then nothing i guess..

and trying to take them on a plane wont work

G

Reality said:
cut it and trim off the leaves.. take the buds and put them on a plate.. microwave it till they feel dry.. taste will be shit and high wont be the best buts its better then nothing i guess..

and trying to take them on a plane wont work

THIS WILL EXPLODE THE TRICHS BECAUSE OF THE EXTREMELY HIGH WATER CONTENT: the steam method i posted above counteracts this with a moist paper towel in an inclosed container.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
The steam method was demonstrated for me in person by frozen_herb, and I wouldn't quick dry any other way. Straight microwaving your buds will get them dry, but they'll taste worse than having just steamed them.

Endo

Veteran
DarkCore said:
Thanks for all the tips there Endo. How would i go about doing a quick dry with these?
And yeah i know shes small but its my first ever plant :(

like i said... i was in no way making fun of the plant itself just meant that for the trouble you could get into its not worth it... its not worth it for any amt really. i prefer my freedom. i hope no offense was taken.

Endo

DarkCore

Endo said:
like i said... i was in no way making fun of the plant itself just meant that for the trouble you could get into its not worth it... its not worth it for any amt really. i prefer my freedom. i hope no offense was taken.

Endo

None taken my friend. Anyway theres been a change of plans. We have alot of stuff to move. My good friend is taking a u-haul truck down in about a week. He said he wouldn't take the plants but would take the buds down. How could i have these dry for a week until they get to me?

Endo

Veteran
just put them in a brown paper bag and let them sit. the bag will offer protection from light and mold while letting there be a little air exchange. i dry all my trim that way and it will keep for quiet a while in that bag.. nice and cripsy dry after a few days.

good luck on the move..

Endo

Last edited:

DarkCore

One of my friends said something about your supposed to hang the whole plant so the thc goes into the bud?? is this true or not

G

DarkCore don't take this the wrongway, but I say you chop the plants down and start fresh with a new growroom when you get settled.

You will need to do some serious research before you start b/c your friends are filling your mind with a lot of bs and myths.

Everything you will need to know about growing is here. if you need help just ask? Look at how willing Endo was to give you some great advice.

We are here to help our fellow growers and if you every need any help with anything feel free to PM me anytime.

Good luck with the move
GCG

DarkCore

Thanks garlic, and everyone. I think I'm just going to harvest the bigger one and put it in a paper bag in the back of the u-haul. just because i dont wanna waste it :/