What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Paradise Seeds Wappa

Tokabowl

Well here we grow again... :D

This time around I'm going to be growing some "Wappa" from Paradise Seeds.
I've never tried the paradise genetics yet and I haven't seen any grow reports from this strain yet so it should be interesting to see what it has to offer.

Here is the strain description:
Wappa is a stout-statured and stable Indica variety. Wappa’s short indoor size makes her a good choice for gardeners with limited room. Her unique stone offers Indica body relaxation without the couchlock.

She is a robust plant that quickly becomes the darling of the grow room, with her attractive appearance, ease in cultivation and fast yield. When forced to flower at 1 foot (30 cm), she just about doubles in size by maturity, producing big chunky colas that fill the air with sweetness, aromas composed of fruits and sugars. Wappa has a high calyx-to-leaf ratio, which makes her a breeze to manicure.

Wappa’s fruity nugs are great head candy, creating an intense high. The buzz comes on strong, with a pleasant onset. It is a luminous high that nudges open the doors of perception.

Type: Indica

Flowering time: 55-60 days indoors. Outdoors, early October (n.L.)

Yield: 400-500 grams per m2 indoors. Outdoors 400-500 grams per plant

Environment: Indoors. Outdoors between 50º n.L. and 50º s.L.

Effect /Buzz: Happy, energetic

Smell/Taste: Deep fruit

THC: 15-18%

9931wappaseeds1.jpg
9931wappaseeds2.jpg

9931wappaseeds3.jpg

Im going to be growing 5 plants in a homebox (1.0m x 1.0m x 2.0m), train them and have a go at SCROG too.

I'll be growing in Canna Terra Professional soil (first time using this soil, I am used to the BioBizz AllMix, but since I am using Canna nutrients I thought I might aswell get this soil :chin:)

So as I just said I'll be using the Canna range of nutrients:
Terra Vega (NPK 14-6-17),
Terra Flores (10-9-19),
PK 13-14,
Boost Accelerator,
Bio Boost,
Rhyzotonic,
Cannazym.

As for the lights, I will be germing them under a 200w envirolight, then they will go under the 400w hps. If the temperatures enable to me to, I'll add the 200w enviro in flowering, and maybe a small 150w hps too :rasta:

The 400w is in a cooltube and will be cooled by a 4" inline fan (175m3/h), and there will also be a couple of 6" clip on fans blowing in there too, and odours are taken care of by a 5" carbon filter.

The seeds'll be started in small pots at first, then will veg in 7L pots and flower in bigger 15L pots.

Well that's about all I can think of for now, stay tuned for some updates

:lurk:

Peace

Last edited:

tngreen

Veteran
hell yeah! came across this strain on SB and couldnt find much info about it. will definitely be following this one. :lurk:

Tokabowl

Hi and welcome tngreen, please take a seat and enjoy the show :lurk:

Well its been less than 20 hours since the seeds have been put to soak in tepid water, and already 2 of them have sprouted. The others should be following soon too (at least I hope so lol).

They should all be in soil within the next few days, I'll keep you posted :yes:

Since this update is missing some pics, here are a few shots of my last harvest for ya :canabis:

Peace

tngreen

Veteran
droolin over here! beautiful pics man. hope the Wappa will compare to that grapefruit!

Tokabowl

Hi everyone,

Things are just about getting started over here, 4 out of the 5 seeds have broken the soil already, and the 5th should hopefully jump on the bandwagon soon enough.

tngreen said:
hope the Wappa will compare to that grapefruit!
Yea I hope so too, that Grapefruit was a real pleasure to grow and especially to smoke :rasta:

So here are a few pics of the seedlings, day 1:

9931seedling1-med.jpg

9931seedling2-med.jpg

9931seedling3-med.jpg

9931seedling4-med.jpg

9931seedling5-med.jpg

9931seedling6-med.jpg

Not much happening just yet, I'll leave them under the envirolight for a week then they'll be under the 400.

Its funny how as soon as I plant some beans, I wonder what I might want to grow next, and its always a tough call :chin:

9931collection.jpg

Peace

:joint:

Tokabowl

Well its about time for an update around here.

The plants have finally found their home, which is under 400w in a 1m x 1m x 2m BudBox.
I was initially planning on getting a Homebox, which after a lot of research seems to be the most popular and praised. But after waiting 3 weeks for the only Homebox supplier in the area to get some stock, I finally decided to save myself some time, money and hassle and settled with a BudBox, and so far it hasn't disappointed me.

Here are a few pics:

9931budbox7.jpg
9931budbox6.jpg

9931budbox8-med.jpg

9931budbox9-med.jpg

There have been a few changes with the plants too.
2 of the 5 Wappa didnt make it out of the ground, although I'm pretty sure it was my bad, having planted the seeds too deep in the ground and/or watered them that little bit too much after sowing them... So I cracked another 2 seeds, and these are Big Bang from Greenhouse.

Here is a little video which gives some info about the strain :canabis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU_AumSpfWs&mode=related&search=

Anyway, here are a few pics of the plants from today, the Wappa are at day 11, and the Big Bang are 3 and 4 days old:

Wappa 1:
9931Wd11veg1.jpg

Wappa 2:
9931Wd11veg2.jpg

Wappa 3:
9931Wd11veg3.jpg

Big Bang 1 (4 days old):
9931BBd4veg.jpg

Big Bang 2 (3 days old):
9931BBd3veg.jpg

The 3 Wappas have had two waterings with Rhyzotonic so far, but the Big Bang will have to wait a few more days before they get anything at all :nanana:

Well that's about it for now, more updates to come, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the growshow!

Peace

EDIT - :woohoo: 500 posts! :woohoo:

paradise has some really good genetics. ive grown their swiss bliss and durga mata, couldnt have been more impressed. imma pull up a chair for this one......

MoleMcHenry

I am growing some Paradise Seeds White Berry and just started flowering them. So far, they've been a breeze to grow. Wappa and White Berry look pretty similar as youngins, too. I'll definately be following this thread.

Tokabowl

shatterbabylon said:
paradise has some really good genetics. ive grown their swiss bliss and durga mata, couldnt have been more impressed. imma pull up a chair for this one......
Hi shatterb. and thanks, I'm glad to hear you were pleased by the Paradise genetics. I've never grown them out before so I am eager to see what they have to offer. And good luck with your grow, those Blue Hash look real healthy and Im sure they're gonna love the LSTing :yes:

InNvBoarder said:
That last harvest was sweet bro!! Cant wait to see this one grow on
Thanks InN, that last harvest was sweet indeed :D
Grapefruit is my favorite out of the strains I have grown so far. The plants looked absolutely amazing, there were beautiful colours, huge amounts of trichomes all over, the smells were simply wonderful aswell: when fresh they smell very sweet and fruity, and the citrus really comes out with the cure. The high is also one of my favorites, very cerebral and energizing :canabis:

MoleMcHenry said:
I am growing some Paradise Seeds White Berry and just started flowering them. So far, they've been a breeze to grow. Wappa and White Berry look pretty similar as youngins, too. I'll definately be following this thread.
Hi Mole :wave: good job with those White Berry of yours, they look really nice and healthy. I was hestating between the Wappa, White Berry and Ice Cream and opted for the Wappa mostly because it is supposed to be a short plant with little stretch (that was when i was still growing in the cab with little height to work with, before i got the Homebox).

Here are some shots of the Wappas and the Big Bangs:

Wappas @ 13 days of veg:

9931vd13.jpg

9931vd13_1.jpg

9931vd13_2.jpg

Big Bangs @ 6 days of veg:

9931vd13_3.jpg

9931vd13_4.jpg

The 5 plants were all transplanted into 7L pots on 18/10 (@ 21 days for the Wappa and 14 days for the BB).

Wappas just after the transplant (21 days veg):

9931vd21_1.jpg

9931vd21_2.jpg

9931vd21_3.jpg

9931vd21_4.jpg

9931vd21_5.jpg

9931vd21_6.jpg

9931vd21_7.jpg

9931vd21_8.jpg

Notice how much side-branching they have already? Starts right at the first node :yoinks:

Here are the Big Bangs just after their transplant (14 days veg):

9931vd21_9.jpg

9931vd21_10.jpg

9931vd21_11.jpg

9931vd21_12.jpg

Not so much branching out here, but lets not forget they are a week younger than the others.

I havent really fed them anything but Rhyzotonic (root stimulator) so far, apart from a very light feeding of Terra Vega, Cannazym and Rhyzo after the transplant (about 1/6th strength), and the Wappa are starting to get pretty hungry so I will give a full strength feed next (probably in a day or 2). They also look like they are hungry for Magnesium, but I'm not sure if that's the strain or the Canna soil I'm using that has less than the Allmix that I'm used to. Either way, the Canna nutes have Mg in them, so this should be taken care by the full strenth feed, but in case it's not, I got hold of some Epsom Salts for that extra Mg boost:

9931eps1-med.jpg

9931eps2-med.jpg

Well that about sums it up for now, I will take and post today's pictures of the plants when the lights come on later this evening.

Until then,

Peace and :smoweed:

Tokabowl

UPDATE

UPDATE

Hey everyone :wave:

Well it's been about 3 weeks since the last update, and I will be putting the girls in 12/12 this weekend. Sorry for the lack of updates during this grow, but I have been really busy in the past weeks...

All the plants are really exploding with growth and I can't wait to see what they will end up like. :canabis:

Here's a fast forward through the veg:

Wappa @ 28 days, Big Bang @ 21 days:

9931dv28_1.jpg

(2 plants on the right are the GH Big Bang)

9931dv28_2.jpg

9931dv28_3.jpg

9931dv28_4.jpg

Wappa1 (28 days):

9931dv28_5.jpg

9931dv28_6.jpg

Wappa2 (28 days):

9931dv28_7.jpg

9931dv28_8.jpg

Wappa3 (28 days):

9931dv28_9.jpg

9931dv28_10.jpg

Big Bang1 (21 days):

9931dv28_11.jpg

9931dv28_12.jpg

Big Bang2 (21 days):

9931dv28_13.jpg

9931dv28_14.jpg

Tokabowl

UPDATE Part 2

UPDATE Part 2

Now fast forward another week and this is what we have now (well, yesterday):

Wappa @ 35 days, Big Bang @ 28 days:

9931dv35_1.jpg

9931dv35_2.jpg

9931dv35_3.jpg

9931dv35_4.jpg

Wappa1 (35 days):

9931dv35_5.jpg

9931dv35_10.jpg

Wappa2 (35 days):

9931dv35_7.jpg

9931dv35_12.jpg

Wappa3 (35 days):

9931dv35_8.jpg

9931dv35_13.jpg

Big Bang1 (28 days):

9931dv35_6.jpg

9931dv35_11.jpg

Big Bang2 (28 days):

9931dv35_9.jpg

9931dv35_14.jpg

They've only been fed nutes about 3 times at 1/2 strength, and don't seem to be needing more yet.

I'll transplant them to their final 15L pots (4 US gallons) tomorrow, and switch the lights to 12/12 aswell. I'll feed them veg nutes for the last time just after the transplant and switch to bloom nutes thereafter (terra flores, boost accelerator, bio boost, pk13-14).

Temps when lights on are usually between 25 and 27C and RH is about 47%, when lights off 19-23 and about 60% RH.

So far I'm well pleased by these plants, they've grown big very fast, they all have great side branching even though I didn't top or train them at all. Especially the Big Bang that are literally as big and developped as the Wappa with a week less of veg. :yoinks:

That's about all I can think of for now, more updates to come

Peace

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking awesome, nice growth! Lots of nice lower branches, you might want to consider taking some cuts. Either way, it's going to be a jungle in there in a few weeks! :D

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tokabowl...wow..look at them grow...great grow and very organized thread and images..Dr. Duck.

Tokabowl

Cannabean said:
Looking big and bushy Tokabowl, I'll be pullin one up for this grow.

Hi Cannabean and welcome to ICMag :wave: Hope you enjoy the show. Your Lowriders are looking nice and healthy aswell, good luck with the rest of your grow. If you happen to need any advice at any point, do not hesitate to ask, I'll be glad to help if I can.

Highlighter said:
Looking awesome, nice growth! Lots of nice lower branches, you might want to consider taking some cuts. Either way, it's going to be a jungle in there in a few weeks!

Thanks Highlighter :joint: Yea I thought about taking some cuts, but i have nowhere to root or veg them after that unfortunately. If I could have, I would have cloned the lot of them, there's one of the wappa especially that i think would have been a keeper, it's a shame i can't have a perpetual going on here, but since I live in rented accomodation, it's just out of the question :frown:

doobieduck said:
Tokabowl...wow..look at them grow...great grow and very organized thread and images..Dr. Duck.

Hi Dr, and thank you. I can't wait to see some of the Menage budshots, but I see there's plenty of masterpieces in your gallery to keep me waiting :yes:

Here are some pics from yesterday, second day of flowering. I transplanted them into their final pots too the day i switched the light schedule. At first they were going to go into 15L pots, but i found some even bigger pots to put them in :rasta: I'm not sure how big they are but I would guess they are about 20L (5.3 US Gallons) because I needed far more soil than anticipated.
After the transplant, they were fed veg nutes (that's Terra Vega, Cannazym, Rhyzotonic from Canna) for the last time, still at 1/2 strength.

I also added a 200w envirolight (red, 2700k) in there just for that bit of extra light. It's getting quite cold around here so the temps are still fine between 26 and 28C. I'll put another 125w enviro in there soon too wich will bring the total wattage to 725w. That should get some nice colas on the go, hopefully.

9931df3_1.jpg

9931df3_2.jpg

9931df3_3.jpg

9931df3_4.jpg

Wappa 1, 12/12 day 2:

9931df3_5.jpg

9931df3_10.jpg

9931df3_14.jpg

Wappa 2, 12/12 day 2:

9931df3_7.jpg

9931df3_12.jpg

9931df3_16.jpg