What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DWC - My garden of love

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Two days ago I received a very special package from a fellow ICer , 4 beutiful rooted Greated White Sharks

I had to battle a design flaw in my setup (the res was too high for the pump to reciruclate the system.) I moved the res out of the growroom to allow for easier access and cooler temps.

After two days, I finally got them into their new homes where soon they'll be bulked up like Hansel and Gretel.

Here a quick rundown on my setup:

Closet grow- 5 Bucket DWC with a controller, one pump reciruclates and a float valve auto tops off. Air is being provided to the buckets via a Linear Air pump that produces 32 liters of air a minute :eek:

The buckets are being lit by a Sun System 600 HPS (i love this light), and being air-cooled by a 465 CFM Dayton Blower. Temps are holdin between- 73-80. The room temp is never over a degree higher than the intake temps :)

The last bucket was filled with a locally bred variety of White Lighting that was passed on to me in cuttin form. 2/6 of the cuttings I received rooted, the other is being saved as a mom. Ive smoke some of this Lighting its is really great stuff, the original grower grows it in organic soil, it'll be nice to see how she adapts to hydro.

Ok enuf of my rant, here are the pics:

White Lighting

Currently PH is at 5.8, I dont have a TDS meter.... but i diluted the mixtures quite a bit. Ill be playin' by hear or sight in this case...

Ill be updatin' till they're smokage.

BuzzBob

aka Buzz'dBob
Veteran
Awesome friend, indeed!!!

I be lik'n your setup too! Nice and compact 'n tidy!!

--Tak'n up residence, for sure!!! :cool:

amsterdame

Sweet setup there, Bartender! Aren't those net cup covers da shit?! Looking forward to your progress. I just switched over to autopots from DWC. Loved, absolutely loved the yields of DWC but my back couldn't take the maintenance. (I didn't have a controller and was manually changing the buckets.)

Grow on, bro!

A*dame

Great Bubbler show...

Great Bubbler show...

Bt,
Nice to see the start of your new dwc grow mate. All the very best of luck and pulling the chair up... :canabis:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hi, great grow bartender, Where di u get those net pot covers, can u get them to fit a 10 gallon bucket, i have just decided on 10 gallon brewers fermentation bins for a dwc set, they have lids, and i was gonna cut a hole and fit a net pot like i did with my smaller bubbler, but those wold make my life so much easier.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Ok: Well after almost 2 weeks and 1 crappy PH meter, i think the plants are finally adjusted.

The White Lighting took off imediately (it however, had roots already at the bottom of the netcup) , and now is quite the monster, dwarfin the GWS in comparison.

WL root system

The GWS took time to drop roots into their buckets, but all now are on their way to a healthy root system.
Random GWS Root System

I finally got a PH meter that works,(Texas Hydro exchanged it out no questiosn asked.)

These pics were taken yesterday. I have since put up the SCROG screen...

enjoy,
bartender187

BuzzBob

aka Buzz'dBob
Veteran
Those most definitely are some awesome roots on the White Lighting!! :cool::yes:

She's gonna fill the bucket, fer sure!!!

70s_PotHead

Looks like you have an excellent grow underway. Texas hydro are some good people, I've never had any trouble with them at all, always have what I need for a fair price.
Good luck with the grow and keep us updated :canabis:

70s :cool:

Nice set up Bartenter, I also am using dwc. Still do not have a main controller bucket yet thought so I am spending alot of time doing manual maintence.My next grow I will only be using one or two strains so Im gonna set up a Rec. set up w/ a controller bucket.

Hey Bartender how much spece is your flowering area? I was just wondering.thanks,Mike

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
Gotta love a bucket grow :) .How tall you plan on veggin' them before turning 12/12 ?I'll be watching and learning :wave: .

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Screen Added.....

Screen Added.....

The lightning only growin out, not up no mo'

and the Sharks are finally catching up a little....

bartender187

Latest posts

Latest posts